• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

thanks to nomcoms and wario 64 on this.

DjiQVmTXsAEYfqI.jpg:large

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
didn't the new ESRB rules require this if a game was going to have any dlc or patches in the future?

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Step 1: Not have all game ready by time of print ( happens a lot as print has to be done weeks - over a month before release)
Step 2: Print game anyways with content that is ready
Step 3: finish rest of content before launch date
Step 4: require day one download for complete game

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
didn't the new ESRB rules require this if a game was going to have any dlc or patches in the future?

It would be weird to include the legend for 2 things that shouldn't impede the game from booting up out of the box, so i doubt that's the case, this must be for actual important data.

I would't be surprised if it required you to download the entirety of one of the games.

Kinda like how N. Sane trilogy only let you play Crash one right out of the box.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that came out of nowhere. Activision is being hella cheap if that's the case.

Oct 25, 2017
I would say the spyro games are in general, bigger than the crash games in terms of scope.

And remember, these are 3 games.

But we'll see.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, the Switch is going to be dragged through the mud for this.

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
well. Looks like I'll be waiting till later to decide if I'll purchase. Surprisingly crash required no install or download on Switch, so if this does come to Switch I"ll probably pick it up there if its the same.

Or just wait for a reprint that has everything on the disc, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it might just be nothing.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Activison, they've been doing this with the last few of their major releases that have singleplayer. Call of Duty: World War II required one to play the campaign. I think they think it forces people to be online and increase the chance they might spend money on microtransactions.

Watch there be mtx in the collection somehow.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck Activison, they've been doing this with the last few of their major releases that have singleplayer. Call of Duty: World War II required one to play the campaign. I think they think it forces people to be online and increase the chance they might spend money on microtransactions.

Watch there be mtx in the collection somehow.

oh fuck, better not do anything funny on sekiro

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, this is why the Switch version wans't announced yet.
This is really bad seriously, makes me fear for the future of console gaming.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
That box art is awful, wow.
It's like the Crash N Sane Trilogy art, and I get how they probably wanted those to have the same design, but why is Spyro so close to the "camera"?
The box art can't even fit his entire head. Why didn't they go with a full body shot like Crash?
Also, 3 games is mentioned 3 times, much like Crash. They really feel the need to drill that in, huh

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Maybe the game is on a DVD

That box art is awful, wow.
It's like the Crash N Sane Trilogy art, and I get how they probably wanted those to have the same design, but why is Spyro so close to the "camera"?
So you can better see the 3 different universes in the background I guess, separated by the horns.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, this was one of my most anticipated games this year, but I can't support this, will buy used later.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Please no video cutscenes. I download all my games anyway but I hope this isn't the reason why.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So that's the final boxart? Thank goodness. I was very worried it wouldn't feature at least four indications of the number of games included in the package. Lol.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so confused, so is this just the first game? I think Activision needs to throw in 3 a few more times on the cover just to be safe.