• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7217

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A dataminer managed to get ahold of SRT on Switch and it's day one update, the latter of which contained a lot of cutscenes, apparently.

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
What's the point of a physical release if its incomplete? Do publishers know why people want physical? I prefer digital and even I, a plebeian, know what physical gamers want.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
What's the point of a physical release if its incomplete? Do publishers know why people want physical? I prefer digital and even I, a plebeian, know what physical gamers want.
A) To be able to give it to children for their birthday
B) To be able to resell it
C) To have a presence on shelves and promote impulse purchases in stores.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
B) To be able to resell it
C) To have a presence on shelves and promote impulse purchases in stores.

Yep, game companies don't give a fuck about preservation. They don't even really care about item B unless you use it to fund another one of their games. They just want to maximize sales and their is still a large percent of people who only buy physical games.

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019

This reminds me there's still no good way to gift digital purchases on consoles and Steam. On Steam you can gift games if you have an account but that's no good for people who don't want an account but still would like to gift something to a friend or relative.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
This reminds me there's still no good way to gift digital purchases on consoles and Steam. On Steam you can gift games if you have an account but that's no good for people who don't want an account but still would like to gift something to a friend or relative.
You can buy gift cards but it is completely impersonal, it is not a gift that is very exciting for children, perhaps for teenagers.

Oct 27, 2017
The way Activision has been treating physical copies lately has been such BS, first it was this then it's with CoD. I was surprised CTR was fine, but I already feel like Activision is done with Physicals and already looking to put everything digital.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The way Activision has been treating physical copies lately has been such BS, first it was this then it's with CoD. I was surprised CTR was fine, but I already feel like Activision is done with Physicals and already looking to put everything digital.
The thing with Crash is you only get adventure mode and co-op when you're offline. That is fine but you have to download a lot of content now to be able to keep up with the Grand Prix, not to mention you can't access the pit stop without an internet connection, so even stuff in the base game can be inaccessible.

It's a real shame how Spyro and it's forced download / requiring internet connectivity has ruined physical releases for those who want / need to play offline.