• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I'm disappointed on a lot of games missing from disk, but I'm still interested picking this up. Does anyone happen to know how fast game disks get patched with updates? It might take a while until first shipments run out.

I'm also worried if Spyro 2 or 3 have a lot of issues on base PS4. Has anyone played on current patch 1.02?

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Growing on on Nintendo consoles, I have never played any game in the Spyro series or the Crash series and I am thinking I might be changing that soon. The Spyro games look especially great.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got my dispatch notice earlier today from TheGameCollection, hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Finished the first one over the weekend. The visuals are absolutely stunning, and I loved the designs of the dragons you get to rescue.

Now on to the sequels!

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked up my Collectors edition and the art cards that come with it, mine have doubled up. So i am mossing one, but have 2 of the same for the other. So frustrating. Anyone else have something similar?

HMSYqUu.jpg

Last edited:

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Help me understand fam
Should I get this for my Pro or my X1X?

I have a 4K TV but I don't see confirmation if it's true 4K on X1X?

daiquiri

Jan 24, 2018
This series still finds a spot on my top 20 list. I don't think it's purely nostalgia either as I play them every few years

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Began this afternoon, now I'm at Tree Tops. I forgot how to reach the final dragon and I'm wasting lives upon lives. :(

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Pondering whether I should just start on the second. Did it build substantially on the first gameplay wise?

Griffins22

Oct 30, 2017
I would think there's still a good chance we'll hear more about Pro/X enchantments, right? Seems like lots of games don't have them Day 1.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I kinda wish Insomniac's name was not relegated to just a "Special Thanks" thanks in the credits for this - with no mention / logo elsewhere :(

Oct 27, 2017
My game just unlocked on X, you'll find some screenshots here as they get uploaded : https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xcell-miguel/screenshots/56347639

Some 4K screenshots, I'd say the game runs in 1440p (trying to find a good spot to count pixels) with very good AA, UI is in native 4K (mostly menu texts and some icons).
Oh man, that looks so good. Thanks. The Windows Central reviewer also thought it was 1440P, plus the game doesn't have the 4K tag on the MS enhanced list. So, I think you are correct on the resolution from what I see. Keep up the good work.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, that looks so good. Thanks. The Windows Central reviewer also thought it was 1440P, plus the game doesn't have the 4K tag on the MS enhanced list. So, I think you are correct on the resolution from what I see. Keep up the good work.
It looks really good, some small slowdowns when areas seem to be loading but nothing huge.

Looks like Spyro has some nice subsurface scattering in his wings and maybe on his skin too, it's really beautiful.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who adored the games on PS1, I cannot control my excitement to play through them again.

I haven't touched one of these games in a decade. Had Ripto's Rage on the PSP, and maybe played through about half of it back then.

As far as the original and Year of the Dragon, I sold my PS1 with all the games to replace a broken OG XBOX a week or so after KOTOR came out.

It's going to be glorious.

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to all who said they liked the OT! Let me know what additions need to be made, if any.
Wow, some of this art. Wish they used that as a boxart
Same. The opening image is by character designer Nicholas Kole, who has some of his work displayed here. It was used for a poster they handed out at Comic-Con, but I really do wish it'd have been the box art instead:
I love that first image, cut out the Resetera part and it would be my screen saver on my phone.
See above! If you want the OT's background with color logo instead, let me know your phone resolution and I'll upload it for you without the ResetEra part.
I still hate Sheila's redesign.
I'm loving the clear amount of effort and detail that went into each design, but yeah, Sheila's is most dubious, I'd say.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Do these unlock at different times then, based on timezone?
Like on my xbox.ca page it says "unlocks 12:00", is that 12 PST or my time zone 12 EST?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just played for about 20mins to see how it looks and feels to play.

I love it!

Feels like returning to an old place and eating an amazing dish you ate their years and years ago. The game looks and plays gorgeously. I 100%'d the first two areas so far, will continue on with it tomorrow.

Eikemo

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 20, 2018
Cant wait for tomorrow! This my most hyped game for the rest of the year for sure, time to relive my childhood

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to all who said they liked the OT! Let me know what additions need to be made, if any.

Same. The opening image is by character designer Nicholas Kole, who has some of his work displayed here. It was used for a poster they handed out at Comic-Con, but I really do wish it'd have been the box art instead:

See above! If you want the OT's background with color logo instead, let me know your phone resolution and I'll upload it for you without the ResetEra part.

I'm loving the clear amount of effort and detail that went into each design, but yeah, Sheila's is most dubious, I'd say.

Too bad the posters going for $150 :(

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Dunno when I'm going to pick this one up. I'm way excited for it, but I've barely dipped into RDR2, and only recently finished the single-player content in SoulCalibur VI. I was ready for it back in September, but now all the games I wanted are mushed together.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if the Spyro 2 glitch is still in? The
infinite super-flame
glitch? Loved starting my new game-saves that way :D