• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
45826196711_8147b6e347_o.png

45826577361_500b81d4c8_o.png

45826575981_1d6dbcc87d_o.png

Metacritic (PS4) 85
OpenCritic 84

Review Thread Here

44009782760_b22c31becf_o.png

Are all three games on the disc, or will I have to download data?

Unfortunately, content download is required to play both Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon, which are only partially on-disc. PS4 download is approximately 20 GB, while XBO download is roughly 42 GB.

Are subtitles available?

No :(

Does the game run at 60 FPS on either base consoles, or enhanced ones?

Nope, 30 FPS.

Heck, is the game Pro or X enhanced at all?

Higher resolution elements appear to be available. See GSY Miguel's post, located here.

tumblr_ou76zsufkw1u50xuco1_500.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for reading! Special thanks to both KillstealWolf for the excellent thread subtitle, and PeakPointMatrix for suggesting the equally great "Trouble with the Trilogy, eh?" as an alternative, which I very nearly went with instead.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great pleasure for providing the OT subtitle. Game should hopefully be arriving later this week. Can't wait to jump right back in.

Probably will do the games in order with 100% runs for each (I guess it's a bit higher than that since each game has slightly different max percentages I can get).

Unlike a certain other 90's remake coming out this week. This one has been looking great. Espicially love how all the Dragons in 1 have unique designs, and I believe the Dragon Eggs in 3 are similar.

I just need TheGameCollection to dispatch it already...

Last edited:

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for this. Considering how bad RDR2 plays, I really need my fun gameplay fix.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Look forward to this, but I'm glad I played the first one again earlier in the year. Now I'll be prepared for some of the more, ah, painful levels. (Looking at you, Tree Tops)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Probably going to start this with the 3rd game since it's the only one I've played, then move on (or should that be back?) to the other 2. That is of course after the hours upon hours of installing required to play Year of the Dragon...

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Do the writing of the games still the same? I remember Spyro 2 having references to Sonic The Hedgehog i believe

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The option to have the original music is great.

I'll be honest I wanted to wait for the inevitable Switch port, but for £30 I might just impulse buy this.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Despite my disappointments with how Activision have treated this release, I'm so happy for everyone who has wanted this game and are finally getting it.

You have put in the time and patience and I'm glad you are being rewarded with what looks like such a fun game. The stuff I played at E3 was gorgeous and super fun so I'm sure you're all going to love what Toys For Bob have done :)

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the original, so no big nostalgia boost for me, and I don't enjoy platformers, but this looks so pretty and charming that I'm really considering getting this.

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
Despite having played Spyro before, I don't remember the level of difficulty of the games. Does anyone remember?

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
That a very nice looking OT. Going to be fun exploring this remake.

Considering putting the current game I'm playing on hiatus just to play this, what to do...

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
Spyro 3 is my favourite game of all time (for sentinmental reasons) and I can't wait to play it. I'll be playing the games in reverse order.

Really nervous that 3 and 2 might be a bit rushed though. Hope I'm wrong.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
More hyped for this than RDR2.

I love that first image, cut out the Resetera part and it would be my screen saver on my phone.

Has there been videos of Sergeant Byrd or Moneybags yet? I want to see their animations.

How long do these games take to beat?

Depends on skill level but to complete all 3 games to platinum I would say about 30 hours.

Saying that it's been 20 years since I played it.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for this. Spyro 1 was my first PS1 game. I didn't have a memory card at the time, so I had to play it from the beginning every time I turned it on. Didn't mind a bit.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
can anybody take some of screenshots of their tvs running the game? wanna see how popping the colors of the game are (wants to show them to a friend)

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Not sure if I'm going to get this. My order is prepping for shipment on Amazon and I'm probably just going to return it. Too busy with RDR2 and my massive backlog.

I've never play the original games.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still hate Sheila's redesign. Anyway, wonderful OT. I probably will get this in December once I'm done with the semester.

takufox

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT!

So excited for year of the dragon particularly. Used to play that one to death growing up.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Spyro superfan Jeremy from Achievement Hunter is streaming the whole game as part of their Extra Life content