• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, didn't the devs come and say the Switch version was in the works after the PS4/XB1 announcement? Nintendo fans were ready to burn them at the stake.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Hope the PC version allows for 144fps. I also really want a saturation option, but at least there's stuff like SweetFX if there's no official solution.

Ghost305

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
Thank goodness.

Will probably just hold out for PC version then. Still sour about how Activision handled Crash PS4's marketing.

DrazilKaj

Oct 25, 2017
PC and Switch versions?
source.gif

I'd be truly surprised if they announce a physical PC release. (it's not going to happen)

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that they're not ready for launch, simple as that. They want people to focus on the ones that are coming first. Switch version being late I can understand, but it's still really weird for the PC version.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Unless they all release at the same time looks like I'll be double dipping for that Switch...

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the PC and Switch versions are coming out later but they haven't or hadn't yet nailed down a release date so that's why they haven't been announced.

Oct 25, 2017
Australia. Nintendo Land
we had one less than 2 months ago.
I dont expect another one this soon.

Judging by last year it could be any day

Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 Nintendo Switch games June 13, 2017
Nintendo Direct - Dragon Quest XI June 21, 2017
Nintendo Direct - Splatoon 2 July 6, 2017

or it could be mid September

Nindies Showcase
Indie games for the Nintendo Switch August 30, 2017
Nintendo Direct Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games September 13, 2017

Dammit1

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
They're holding out for double dippers. The GTAV/Nsane Trilogy effect.

Conspiracy time!

Could they be withholding announcing the Switch and PC versions because those are the 2 platforms Xbone/PS4 gamers traditionally would double dip on? I know a few people who bought Crash on PS4 then bought again on Switch or PC.

I give for obvious that it will be announced later to encourage the double dip

They are probably holding out on the announcement for that double dip money. Or it just won't be ready day and date and they didn't want to anger pc and Switch fans.

They going for that double-dip-dollar?

They want that double dipping money so, sooo bad. I'll bet my fuckin' hat they delay the PC/Switch versions for that reason alone.

Shook. PC and Switch share double dipper throne. Everyone knows it, I thought.

How the hell has this conspiracy theory become so popular???

Late ports and late port announcements have always been a thing.

The number of people who double dip is tiny. Get out of your uber enthusiast bubble.

This is the same as "artificial demand".

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell has this conspiracy theory become so popular???

Late ports and late port announcements have always been a thing.

The number of people who double dip is tiny. Get out of your uber enthusiast bubble.

This is the same as "artificial demand".

Do you have evidence to back your claim up, or did you just pull that out of your ass? They did it with the Crash Trilogy, so there's already a precedent here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have evidence to back your claim up, or did you just pull that out of your ass? They did it with the Crash Trilogy, so there's already a precedent here.
They did that because Crash hat a 1 year exclusivity, which Spyro doesnt have. And Crash might not have even made it to switch if it wasnt for one dude porting the first level.

As for the double dipping conspiracy, those who proclaim it needs to back it up themselves.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Hahaha! Oh the irony. If you're making the claim that they're doing this to get "double dipper money" , then the burden is on YOU. That's how logic works.

There's precedent for late ports that get announced later. That's obviously self evident.
They did that because Crash hat a 1 year exclusivity, which Spyro doesnt have. And Crash might not have even made it to switch if it wasnt for one dude porting the first level.

As for the double dipping conspiracy, those who proclaim it needs to back it up themselves.

Exactly!