• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
YES!!! Let that exclusive shiny baby. Yay, i'm so happy for the sucess of Octopath. Hope just like Bravely Default, it change something in modern Square Enix.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It should be noted that SE did say that restocks currently would have limited quantities until they start putting out much bigger shipments (presumably on August 6th), but this is still very impressive.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's so great about this game that people are scrambling to purchase it?
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
How much are you really shipping SE?

I mean, cool that the title is selling-out but at some point you really have to learn to ship enough copies to satisfy demand.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see the numbers for the initial release and restock, don't know how SE was pushing it over there.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2m here we come!

1m is guaranteed(and might have already happened)

Nov 4, 2017
I love hearing about this awesome game selling out.

My bday was 2 days before release and my wife got me the game as a gift. She didn't have time to go in and pre-order it but gave me an "IOU" in my card and said she'd pick it up on her way home. She asked if I was worried about it selling out, and I said "I'll be stoked if it sells out, because it might encourage Square-Enix to make more classic JRPGs".

So.. uh... Make more classic, turn-based JRPGs, Squeenix!

paulc

Alt account.
Dec 14, 2017
It's a great game. Glad to see a third party game doing well on the Switch, deservedly so.

Even retailers here in Australia have been selling out which is really rare.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Wish SE would stop cockblocking their non-FF/DQ/KH rpg titles.
They keep repeating the same mistakes.

If a SoM Rom Collection can sell 40k a year ago how you dont have at least 150-200k copies ready for Octopath at launch ?

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's so great about this game that people are scrambling to purchase it?
Well it's a pretty great RPG.

One guess is a lot of adults are drawn to the Switch because it's such an adult friendly machine (portable, you can play it on and off the TV without a hitch or just set it on the table and play it with a controller) and they are most probably the target market for the game.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Wish SE would stop cockblocking their non-FF/DQ/KH rpg titles.
They keep repeating the same mistakes.

If a SoM Rom Collection can sell 40k a year ago how you dont have at least 150-200k copies ready for Octopath at launch ?

Lack of preorders definitely hurts. Retailers don't want to be sitting on a ton of copies. I suppose the hope is you make extra copies for restock but that still is risky. They shipped 120k units first week. That isn't bad.