• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

West release is still not confirmed but even if it isn't released here (very unlikely) you can easily change your account country and download the game in English.

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
Works for me, I'd like to experience these for the first time on the Switch so I'll 'import'if I gotta.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Played them all on iOS. 3 still holds up really well. Hope they can get the whole series on Switch.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Always wanted to play the first trilogy. Is this going to be the definitive way to do so?

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
Thats rad, though I think DQ1 would still require a guide, I remember some stuff being very obtuse. Never got around to playing DQ 2 or 3, my desire is to jump to 5 honestly.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are they gonna put these on the US eShop? Would be weird if they didn't.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I loved I, II, and III on GameBoy way back in the day. Especially III. Really wish they would just port the originals though rather than continuing to do awful updates to the sprites for mobile that nobody likes. I don't know why they do that, it really hurts their legacy, for all of SE's properties.

I really hope they port DQ7 and 8 to Switch. I always wanted to play those but never got around to it. Played a little bit of 8 and it seemed wonderful.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Should have just used Snes Roms like the Mana collection

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
What's wrong with the mobile versions?
The translations are super extravagant and really the preferred way to play if you're used to modern DQ games. But with mobile you're stuck portrait mode and touch controls. Plus the graphics for 1 and 2 have that awful stretched tile enhancement thing going on kinda like the mobile FF releases. 3 is fine for the most part (IMO) except they actually remove a good chunk of content: Monster animations, title screen intro, and Treasure and Trapdoor/pachiisi minigames

A real shame we couldn't get a remake looking like this.

IgtO9OB.png

So pretty...

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Gimme that physical release. DQ1 and 2 aren't even great games but I need those on a cart

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Awesome. These are the only mainline games I don't own in some form, it'll be nice to have them all.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Which versions and translations, then?

I'd go with the fan translated SFC versions personally. Though the translation for 3 is a bit eh.

1&2 patch = http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=19449.msg313144#msg313144
3 patch = http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1323/

There is no perfect version as these predate the GBC ports which added some stuff (3 in particular has an extra dungeon in GBC), but then you also have the usual GBC graphics and truncated dialogue but on balance when I replay I usually do with SFC.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
Hmm, these are the Mobile versions though, right? I'd rather play the GBC or NES versions, or better yet, the Super Famicom ones if they were ever localized. Sighhhhhhhh

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the "in one package" wording rules out that this will be through the NES/SNES app for NSO subs. Sigh.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone take a good look at the PS4 versions of the 1-3? First impressions tell me that they're nicer looking full screen versions of the mobile ports.

Don't know if 3 has the missing T'nT minigame the mobile version excised but they all use Toriyama's illustrations for the enemy art. A YMMV change up to the classic sprites.

I think the Switch version will be based on these ports.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
The translations are super extravagant and really the preferred way to play if you're used to modern DQ games. But with mobile you're stuck portrait mode and touch controls. Plus the graphics for 1 and 2 have that awful stretched tile enhancement thing going on kinda like the mobile FF releases. 3 is fine for the most part (IMO) except they actually remove a good chunk of content: Monster animations, title screen intro, and Treasure and Trapdoor/pachiisi minigames

A real shame we couldn't get a remake looking like this.

IgtO9OB.png

So pretty...

This is gorgeous which game and on what system? I want to play this picture ASAP lol

HufnPuf

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
God I hope it's a decent version. I've always wanted to play them but playing on the phone is super uncomfortable for me, I need to sit down in front of a TV and play RPGs.