• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
This should be the continually leaked Shadow of the Tomb Raider by Eidos Montreal.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
More publishers need to do this. Announce new title, then release shortly after. I'm ready.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda defeats the point if they're still announcing it now then? Even if it's not a full reveal?

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
Since the November window wasn't too advantageous for Rise, I think it might be released before then. Maybe reveal in spring or pre-E3 and have it out in summer/early fall?

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Day one, if it comes out on XB1X.

Absolutely loved Rise of the Tomb Raider and its DLC (minus the survival DLC which I didn't try, but I loved Baba Yaga, Cold Darkness, and the mansion DLC).

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
So it's an announcement of an announcement? Cool to know they're working on something anyway.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Still think it's gonna be revealed at TGA tonight but I don't think it's gonna be called Shadow of the Tomb Raider regardless.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
I think they released the statement because people expect it to be at TGA tonight.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more than okay with this. I don't really need a big grandiose announcement and then having to wait years for it.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Guess not a TGA game then E3 2018 followed by fall release would be good

Lurker

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
that doesn't make any sense. They said they're taking a new approach, wait for the reveal and time is shorter between reveal and release, yet they just revealed there's a new Tomb Raider game but wait for the official reveal - as it's tweeted by the official Twitter account.

Okay.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I was curious why Eidos Montreal suddenly started to update its channels. And they show Deus Ex, Avengers, Thief, and Tomb Raider.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Deep down I was hoping for something at the game awards, but well, looking forward to whenever this comes around! ^_^ Just please no time exclusive on platforms again through.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Will they be downgrading the scope of the game based on the downfall of sales from the reboot to Rise of the Tomb Raider?

The reboot of Tomb Raider has been good but notably Square Enix has made bad PR of themselves for considereing a good number of millions of sales "underperforming".

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Being that it's technically a Square Enix announcement, this is hilarious.

I didn't play RotTR, so maybe now's a good time.

Will this TR feature dual pistol backflipping swandiving Lara? Are we there yet??

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested. Although, I still need to play Rise. I was never a fan of the originals but the reboot wasn't too bad.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
To me, this smells like it was supposed to be revealed tonight at VGA's, but was pulled out "last minute".

Kinda like Damian Wayne Batman game was last year.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Are they saying they will have a big event early 2018? I know the marvel deal was announced with "more details to follow in 2018"

Maybe a Square Enix dedicated stream announcing all their games?

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
What a lame way to announce the new Tomb Raider video game project, I am excited but wonder how far along development has gone. An early 2019 release sounds more reasonable on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

Can we please get the iconic, duel wielding Lara Croft? A bow and arrow can only go so far.

RiggityRice

Oct 28, 2017
So with this announcement, does that mean Tom Braider got canceled? I'm sure they don't have a budget big enough for both games.