• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It was obvious they were gonna add some stuff, they need to give people reason to buy it (again) on Switch.

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
Maybe they'll toss in the mobile ports of the Erdrick trilogy? Japan got DQ1 free when getting the true ending.

And maybe they figured out how to add the Street Pass content from the 3ds version.

LOL at the "Erdrick isn't in DQ11" posts ITT. The Luminary literally is Erdrick of legend.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
No, it's midi everywhere.
The Japanese version of XI uses midi too

Whaaat? You're right I can't believe it. I thought modders took the orchestrated tracks out of the Japanese PS4 Version and put it into the pc version. So there is no officially orchestrated version of DQXI? Just old/concert/music album tracks put into a new game?

If so then I wouldn't get my hopes up but that's probably just me.

Last edited:

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Whaaat? You're right I can't believe it. I thought modders took the orchestrated tracks out of the Japanese PS4 Version and put it into the pc version. So there is no officially orchestrated version of DQXI? Just old/concert/music album tracks put into a new game?

If so then I wouldn't get my hopes up but that's probably just me.

There's an album of DQ XI orchestra tracks, it's just that DQ XI reuses old tracks from past DQ games.

Oct 27, 2017
Title specifically says "about Dragon Quest XI S" and people are fucking talking about DQ Smash rep when the rumored character isn't even from DQXI? What the fuck?

Yes he is. Main character is given the name of Erdrick at the end of DQXI and the game ends with his descendant, Erdrick from DQ3, waking up to begin an adventure. The game is pretty much entirely a build up to the Erdrick legend

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Cross save with ps4 version? That would get me to double dip, honestly.
raw

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm imagining the Smash announcer going "ERDRICK!!!" and feeling such powerful emotions right now.

His moveset would feel like Link gained Pikachu's thunder abilities.

Shinzen

Jul 1, 2018
2019 and the unending smash dlc speculation on every single announcement thread is going to be fun.

My guess is that it's 1-3 ports.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A dragon quest character is smash is too perfect thinking about it. I dont know why we have gotten some other characters before this has happened

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
if I remember correctly, SE had a poll asking who'd they like to have in their party. so maybe new party members will happen

Krystalinda and Vince are the only developed side characters I can think of who wouldn't need a healthy dose of extra scenes and script fiddling to sensibly allow them to join.

Mia would also make sense but by the time she'd be available, you'd already be in the postgame.

Morrie was an OK addition to DQ8 3DS, but you could tell he was never going to be organically integrated into the main cast.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Yes in fact the Dragon talks about darkness will always come, maybe even itself will succumb to it, but there will always be someone to take up the mantle. And then pans across the sword ending with the DQ1 hero picking up the Sword of Light. The DQ1 Hero also got the title that the DQ3 Hero got. And the after credits scenes is as stated above. Showing that DQXI is either

A. A prequel

or

B. A legend that inspired the Erdrick title

Krystalinda and Vince are the only developed side characters I can think of who wouldn't need a healthy dose of extra scenes and script fiddling to sensibly allow them to join.

Mia would also make sense but by the time she'd be available, you'd already be in the postgame.

Morrie was an OK addition to DQ8 3DS, but you could tell he was never going to be organically integrated into the main cast.

Red was also added in DQ8 3DS wasn't she?

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Them being able to get the Orchestral ost for it would be nothing short of a miracle considering Suigyama has stopped them from doing it so much before

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this guys include the orchestral music I would be pissed off, although glad for those who would play it on Switch

New playable party member perhaps? Wonder who could fill that role though...

The only one that could fit is Mia, and mayyyyyyyyyybe Gallopolis prince, but that one would be stretching it a lot,

Status
Not open for further replies.