• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Created by Toshiyuki Itahana himself.

EbXqHx2UcAEFal6

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I now want a platforming game with this character, or at least a light-hearted RPG adventure.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Toshiyuki Itahana was a character designer on FFIX and he's the one who created the chibi chocobo mascot in the Chocobo mystery dungeon

Those are his designs:

bigNews_Chocobos-Mystery-Dungeon-preorder.jpg

Nov 23, 2017
I love this man!! I got an autograph from him in Los Angeles a couple years ago for the Final Fantasy Art Exhibit opening. He did a live painting and signed everybody's stuff. He was so sweet in person. I love this design!

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toshiyuki Itahana was a character designer on FFIX and he's the one who created the chibi chocobo mascot in the Chocobo mystery dungeon

Those are his designs:

bigNews_Chocobos-Mystery-Dungeon-preorder.jpg
Also behind lots of stuff from the Crystal Chronicles games. He stuff is really great. Met him at Gallery Nucleus a couple years ago where he did an amazing live drawing / watercolor painting.
He also did Lightning's costumes and Lumina in Lightning Returns: FFXIII, as well as Mobius: FF.

Avada Kedavra

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
If you don't have a twitter account the original tweet censors the picture of the mascot and says "The following media includes potentially sensitive content" and you need to click on "View" to see it wth

Oct 25, 2017
Between this and how they executed the Honey Bee In sequence in FF7r, I've been really impressed with Square and their handling of LGBQT topics, especially as a major Japanese company.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First thought: neat.
Second thought because I'm playing it right now: that's a better design than Yooka-Laylee.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Between this and how they executed the Honey Bee In sequence in FF7r, I've been really impressed with Square and their handling of LGBQT topics, especially as a major Japanese company.
I think some people would argue they mishandled Sylvando being ambiguously gay instead of trans in English DQXI (otoh adding "marriage" options to the game was a good move) but otherwise I agree, this is great.

What a cute design. Way more effort than just adding a rainbow to their social media pages.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There needs to be more done (like a main character) but Square Enix has done more then most Japanese companies.

1*ZmzBHc2h6vHC16zG8fhPdA.jpeg

ll215eidy1231.png

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
aw cute

now put 'em in a new Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales