• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when Square Enix will bring over their mobile efforts to consoles. Switch is a good fit.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Expected. Next fiscal year will be pretty big for Square-Enix. I hope that all of their titles will do well.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it's February and it's not like they were gonna announce either game would release in a month... So yeah, hardly groundbreaking news. Hopefully DQ11 is late summer though I could see early Fall as perhaps more likely.

Oct 25, 2017
They have a lot of titles slated for this year. Wonder if something slips
Left alive
Kh3
Dq11
Octopath
Tomb raider
Dq builders 2
World end with you remix

Wonder if they slip in a ff spinoff somewhere or a remaster

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
i really hope that DQ 11 will have a similar sucess story in the west like Persona, Nier or MH did.
I want more DQ Games in the West and on my Ps4/Ps5

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Is there another Tweet that states that DQ11 and Ocotpath are FY 2018 titles?

Because the Tweet you linked just states they are coming FY 2018 or later since SQEX said no big titles are planned for this FY.

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
This seems like non-news to me. No one thought either was coming before March, and "in FY18 or after" sounds like the vaguest time-frame ever. I'm really looking forward to both though!

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there another Tweet that states that DQ11 and Ocotpath are FY 2018 titles?

Because the Tweet you linked just states they are coming FY 2018 or later since SQEX said no big titles are planned for this FY.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Thread title is misleading.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
They already have Secret of Mana and FFXV Royal Edition / Windows edition for the next month. No need to rush SE!

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I just wish they said... anything about dqxi at this point. The DQ Twitter said they'd talk more about it late 2017. It is now February in 2018 and nothing has been said :/. I've played a lot of the Japanese version already, but I want more info on the western version already :(

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me too. Not holding my breath for a localization of the Switch version, if it ever materializes.
Of all versions to skip, you think it's the one on the system that's breaking records? Bold strategy, Cotton. 3DS version is the one that's up in the air. Nintendo might publish it (and the Switch game, I guess). How SE will handle timing with the PS4 version, I don't know

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this title needs to be changed, he's saying FY18 or later. All he means is they're not coming before this April.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I didn't expect XI until the summer or spring anyway.

Hopefully it's enough time to swap out the midi soundtrack.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me that DQXII release date Square please, hopefully this means dub + orchestrated OST :)

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Not exactly breaking news. It's already February and neither game has a release date yet. I would assume they're not coming until after April. Probably not even until after June with how the Switch release schedule looks right now

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
My guesses are:

DQXI Switch: July 2018 Japan, exactly 1 yr after PS4/3DS

Octopath Traveler: 8/8/2018 global

KH3: Nov 2018 global, week before BF

DQXI west: holidays 2018, PS4/Switch

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
Of all versions to skip, you think it's the one on the system that's breaking records? Bold strategy, Cotton. 3DS version is the one that's up in the air. Nintendo might publish it (and the Switch game, I guess). How SE will handle timing with the PS4 version, I don't know

I'd say the version that doesn't exist yet is the one that's up in the air. And it doesn't matter what records the Switch breaks, there's still a lot more 3DS systems out there than Switch systems. And DQ doesn't sell well in the west to begin with regardless of how many systems are sold.

newtonlod

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Come oooooooooon Square, we need that DQXI date.
So happy about japanese games making a strong comeback this generation. Missed them SO MUCH.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say the version that doesn't exist yet is the one that's up in the air. And it doesn't matter what records the Switch breaks, there's still a lot more 3DS systems out there than Switch systems. And DQ doesn't sell well in the west to begin with regardless of how many systems are sold.

While the bolded is true and there are around 70 million 3DS units out there it should be noted that a lot of people have moved on from the 3DS which can be seen in the last financial report ("[O]verall software sales declined to 31.25 million units (33% decrease on a year-on-year basis"). The 3DS software sales are about to collapse this year and with only two 1st party titles scheduled for this year (only one for Europe) the 3DS should decline even more.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
DQXI Switch was rumored for that Feb Nintendo Direct alongside Yoshi and FE. Hope it pans out, we need info.

Oct 26, 2017
But the Switch is the system that people are buying games for and the audience that the Switch is going to accumulate over time is going to more active than the one that the 3DS had ever was, if it isn't already. Skipping out on the Switch version over the 3DS version wouldn't make sense, especially now when the series has a chance to reach a wider audience like the likes of MHW, XB2, and P5

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
My guesses are:

DQXI Switch: July 2018 Japan, exactly 1 yr after PS4/3DS

Octopath Traveler: 8/8/2018 global

KH3: Nov 2018 global, week before BF

DQXI west: holidays 2018, PS4/Switch
DQXI in the weest need room to breath - they arent dropping it as a Holiday release or this close to KH3.
I could see a late summer release happening.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We shall see if that includes DQXI Switch. The game has been MiA for a while.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3DS software sales have been on a decline. it doesnt matter how many are out there if no one's buying anything for it. and if DQ never sold well, then there's no point in the PS4 version either, is there?