• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I dont want normal remasters for VIII and XIII where they just improve visuals because those games do have some pretty significant problems despite being great games, i want them to get the Zodiac treatment where they make substantial changes to the game.

For VIII

1.Overhaul of the Junction system with QOL improvements
2.Drawing a spell gives you that magic, rather than a finite number with a limited amount of uses
3.Option to skip summon animations
4.Bring over 2-5x speed from PC version

For XIII

1.Speed up the process of acquiring all the job roles
2.Make a mini game, make explorable area's (pre pulse) and add side quests to improve pacing, and break up the battle/cutscene/battle/cutscene nature of the game.
3.Put more information into weapon upgrading so you dont need to use a guide.
4.Implement natural world building into the game (like dialogue during exploration/NPCs) so you dont have to read data logs.

I'm a huge fan of the speed boosters in the PC ports but XIII's combat is already super fast paced and i don't know if it would work well in XIII. I guess they could throw it in there if its possible though.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont want normal remasters for VIII and XIII where they just improve visuals because those games do have some pretty significant problems despite being great games, i want them to get the Zodiac treatment where they make substantial changes to the game.

For VIII

1.Overhaul of the Junction system with QOL improvements
2.Drawing a spell gives you that magic, rather than a finite number with a limited amount of uses
3.Option to skip summon animations
4.Bring over 2-5x speed from PC version

For XIII

1.Speed up the process of acquiring all the job roles
2.Make a mini game, make explorable area's (pre pulse) and add side quests to improve pacing, and break up the battle/cutscene/battle/cutscene nature of the game.
3.Put more information into weapon upgrading so you dont need to use a guide.
4.Implement natural world building into the game (like dialogue during exploration/NPCs) so you dont have to read data logs.

I'm a huge fan of the speed boosters in the PC ports but XIII's combat is already super fast paced and i don't know if it would work well in XIII. I guess they could throw it in there if its possible though.
For XIII, I would just add hunts to previous areas and the ability to travel back to most zones. I would add mini games to Nautilus and I would give each character more obvious and defined roles, maybe by doing something as simple as calling Hope a Bard, Lightning a Red Mage, Sazh a Time Mage etc. Still keep the same roles, but then also give each character a job title that represents what they do best.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I can't tell what it is. It's kind of blurry.
My guess would have been an updated version of this thing from the opening mission:

You fight it on a bridge before setting up the bomb. Maybe they made it more grand to fit with the updated graphics and gameplay

Edit: removed picture because it's more likely the air buster, seen below

Last edited:

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's nice and all but I would prefer if it was a screenshot of a mech from Left Alive.

Cool nonetheless.

Last edited:

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018

Air Buster maybe?

latest

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, this one is more likely.

This is what I was thinking of when I went looking for the image but I couldn't see it when scrubbing through so I thought I had dreamt this enemy and fight up lol. Glad to know I'm not insane and they didn't just update the little machine I linked above lol

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018

It's sad that this blurry picture is the one thing that has hyped me the most when it comes to videogames lately, but here we are. They better show something soon enough, but I doubt it :(

And yeah, I think it's a heavily updated Air Buster. FFVII has some of the most ridiculous enemies, so it's going to be fun seeing them redesigned (when they're not outright removed).

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
He released a game last year, so not that great. Is it even confirmed that he is working on any game atm? Last time I heard from him, he was begging for funding.
Well:
Fans have been wanting more from the NieR series after the release of NieR: Automata earlier this year, and Square Enix producer Yosuke Saito teased that something is cooking. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]

While he didn't share much about it, Saito mentioned that the stage is already set and they've recruited a scenario planner, but for now all he can say is that he hopes you look forward to it.

When asked "Is Yoko Taro up for it?" Saito said "Yes… or so I'd like to believe [laughs]. Yoko often says that he'll do anything as long as he gets money, but there's no one that doesn't move for money as much as him. He'll only do what he really wants to do. So I'll do my best to try to say something he doesn't want while trying to guide him to do something I want [laughs]."

Source.

J: Do you have any plans to continue the NieR franchise? Could we get a direct sequel to Automata or something completely different set in the Nier universe?

YT: Since Nier is Square Enix's IP, whatever they want to do I will follow, so if they want to do a sequel I would probably do that. If they tell me to do something, I'll do it.

Source.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to believe we can expect Avengers here but that's probably too early eh?

Back in January the team said they have made "tremendous progress" on the title.

I assume Square wouldn't have a presentation for E3 this year if they didn't have stuff to show and I imagine the avengers title is one of those big things to show off here.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Avengers is supposed to be revealed sometime this year, but that doesn't necessarily mean E3. It'll probably be there, but I'm a little worried it might not be given the lack of confirmation.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Back in January the team said they have made "tremendous progress" on the title.

I assume Square wouldn't have a presentation for E3 this year iff they didn't have stuff to show and I imagine the avengers title is one of those big things to show off here.
Exactly this
Hopefully we get a story trailer that transitions to a 10 minute long gameplay demo, but at this point I'm expecting a dev diary with some little snippits of gameplay
Hope to be proven wrong

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Avengers is supposed to be revealed sometime this year, but that doesn't necessarily mean E3. It'll probably be there, but I'm a little worried it might not be given the lack of confirmation.
I'd like to think if this is really a big honking deal for all parties involved, then it would make sense to get the engines ramped up for the marketing blitz by doing a reveal as soon as things are ready. After all, there could be tie-ins with comics, action figures and mobile games to consider, on the same token.

Or at least, that's what I hope. I'd like to think whatever planning Disney-Marvel has in store would go over better here than what happened with Capcom's game.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
If FFVIIR is at E3 I bet they don't show it at this and wait till the Sony conference later that day.