• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What game do you think it'll be?

• Final Fantasy VII Remake

Votes: 483 26.3%
  • Avengers

Votes: 811 44.2%
  • Final Fantasy XVI

Votes: 26 1.4%
  • Final Fantasy Versus XV

Votes: 79 4.3%
  • The Quiet Man 2

Votes: 437 23.8%

• Total voters

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Don't know if a new thread is needed but there is a interview with Shinji Hashimoto by Hollywood Reporter published today, it's mainly focused on remasters : https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-1202640?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

But there are some tidbits about FFVIIR :
Regarding differences between a remaster and a remake – in a remake, you rethink the original version all the way from the ground up. It's actually quite an arduous task, and isn't something that can be done for multiple games at the same time. I want to approach our future plans, which of course include the Final Fantasy VII Remake, in hopes that the players who love the originals will love the remakes as well.

Notice their desire to bring more remakes in the future!

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if a new thread is needed but there is a interview with Shinji Hashimoto by Hollywood Reporter published today, it's mainly focused on remasters : https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-1202640?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

But there are some tidbits about FFVIIR :

Notice their desire to bring more remakes in the future!
i remember that nomura/kitase or both, talked in the past they wanted to remake 5 and 6, because of the jump they made, there's remakes from 1-4 and now they are making 7.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its only usual for kingdom hearts to get news at concerts, i dont remember any time we got news there for final fantasy (mainline at least), but this could be the start of the marketing campaign for the remake.

I think Uematsu (or was it Arnie Roth?) accidentally revealed some unannounced thing about the FFVII remake (or was it the FFXII remaster?) at one of the FF concerts

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I think Uematsu (or was it Arnie Roth?) accidentally revealed some unannounced thing about the FFVII remake (or was it the FFXII remaster?) at one of the FF concerts
Both of them did, lol. Arnie leaked the FFXII remaster (or "remake" as he called it, iirc) and Uematsu last year accidentally let slip that FFVIIR was at one point supposed to release in 2018.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Yea i think its going to be ff7 now, in addition to the teaser trailer and the tweet mentioning that they are preparing for launch, CD are still looking for a narrative director, which unless they are doing 2 projects means avengers is still far away.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Yea i think its going to be ff7 now, in addition to the teaser trailer and the tweet mentioning that they are preparing for launch, CD are still looking for a narrative director, which unless they are doing 2 projects means avengers is still far away.

Also everything Final Fantasy is now 7 remake branded on SE facebook , twitter etc. even though there is a FF game coming out as soon as July.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Seem like they are beginning to market FFVIIR

The teaser,
E3 conference,
The concert,
Distant Worlds 5 CD been announced probably have a FFVII focus.
Distant Worlds concert in London will be heavily FFVII focused. Anyone else here going to this?

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Seem like they are beginning to market FFVIIR

The teaser,
E3 conference,
The concert,
Distant Worlds 5 CD been announced probably have a FFVII focus.
Distant Worlds concert in London will be heavily FFVII focused. Anyone else here going to this?

I'm coming around to the idea but based on what they've shown and how they rebooted development, I cannot see the first part being ready in the next 6 months. Everything they've shown is from the very first sequence of the game.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I suspect the FF VII ep. 1 Collector's Edition will be €400 and of course there'll be a monster CE of the complete game eventually. They'll make us bleed.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm coming around to the idea but based on what they've shown and how they rebooted development, I cannot see the first part being ready in the next 6 months. Everything they've shown is from the very first sequence of the game.

From what I read they didn't throw everything out and beginning again. Just shored up what was already done and improved quality, like updating the character models.

We already have English VA and lip synching in place with English gameplay video being shown. SE with Kingdom Hearts most of the gameplay video were in Japanese with Japanese VA early on.

Most new games only show the beginning few hours anyway. Dragon Quest XI for example showed only the first village and city nearly right up to release. The further I saw was a squid boss battle which was about 10 hours in. The trailer for FFVII showed the boss battle under Don's House which if I remember correctly was about 5 hours in.

We always talk down SE and sometime rightfully so but I think there is a lot of people underestimate how far along they are with the game.

I am expecting a November release this year.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I suppose there's an argument to be made that Square feels Midgar left the biggest impression with the original release, and in reintroducing the game with new character models, etc., felt it appropriate to stick to Midgar again. If there is more than Midgar, we should see it at E3.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I assumed this game was late 2020 at the earliest, and was preparing myself for 2021, but re-reading the OP...my god....it might actually happen.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
FFVIIr is this year.

June will announce a Holiday release. Either a demo with the bomb run, or the full release of the first chapter.

Deleted member 11832

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still can't let myself believe tho.

I expect they'll make a surprise Avengers announcement at E3 for a release in 2019. While FF7 will be for the end of 2020 on PS5.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't let myself believe tho.

I expect they'll make a surprise Avengers announcement at E3 for a release in 2019. While FF7 will be for the end of 2020 on PS5.
Wat. The new FFVIIR teaser trailer from two days ago said "PS4 generation" and they're obviously going into full marketing mode now with all their social media being FFVIIR-branded and the concert plus more footage next month at E3. Sony's tweets/blog posts and FFVIIR's official site say "coming soon" too. Why would they do that for a game that's planned for Late 2020?

BlueKoopa

Apr 28, 2019
Indiana
Wat. The new FFVIIR teaser trailer from two days ago said "PS4 generation" and they're obviously going into full marketing mode now with all their social media being FFVIIR-branded and the concert plus more footage next month at E3. Sony's tweets/blog posts and FFVIIR's official site say "coming soon" too. Why would they do that for a game that's planned for Late 2020?

Yeah I think the first chapter is 100% this year and a PS4 game. I think it'll receive a port to PS5 and Anaconda next year (FF7R was announced originally as a timed exclusive) and I think the other Chapters will release on PS5 with Anaconda versions a year later or so.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

Because Nomura is a hack who can never deliver a game on time, or at least that seems to be the meme that people take way too seriously. FFVIIR-1 being planned for this fiscal year at worst has been obvious for a long time, but the "can't wait to play the Bombing Mission demo in 2023!" types still persisted up until the trailer, and even now you get people who assume the game is 18 months off.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Considering CyberConnect work is not completelly scrapped, and considering this game has been already MANY years in development, and recent years reported to be coming "smoothly", I'd say FFVIIR part 1.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Considering CyberConnect work is not completelly scrapped, and considering this game has been already MANY years in development, and recent years reported to be coming "smoothly", I'd say FFVIIR part 1.
5 or so years for Part 1 sound about right, especially considering that they're not building their own engine for this. Whatever hiccup they hit with CC2 doesn't seem to be huge, even with 2018 seemingly having been a potential release year in the past (unless Uematsu got it wrong, but look at Kitase and Sakaguchi here lol):
final-fantasy-vii-remake-release-date-2.jpg

This image warms my heart so much :) Hopefully Uematsu is doing good now.

Sep 7, 2018
Yo whoever made that poll, you wilin if you're expecting Final Fantasy XVI this year.

I do wish however that we would get 3 Final Fantasys per console like we used to, but I don't think we're ever going back to that.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Since I don't have a PS4, I'm just hoping they don't delay Babylon's Fall because of this.... I want my epic Platinum fix.