• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I'm surprised we never got TR 2013 on Switch. Seemed like a relatively easy port. But I guess this seems it's all the pre-reboot games and those weird top down Gauntlet style games they did that had the pre-reboot look.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that they're calling it "Ultimate" but apparently not including the reboot trilogy. The ad doesn't feature any of the reboot titles, not even the first one.

My pipe dream is that Square is backtracking on the reboot.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'm pretty sure the image was a fake made after the copyright info was found; I saw this a few hours ago so I assumed there was already a thread about it, lol.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Holy shit, I would buy this on the switch for sure. :O Although going by that pic, that seems like quite a unusual range of games? The classics, the original CD trilogy, and Lara Croft games?

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Edit: wait this is just a fake image? come on OP, amend your post

I am happy that Switch gets some of the Tomb Raider titles (hopefully Batman Arkham too), but I am unsure about the point of the Steam version (if it is merely a compilation), because there is already one on Steam. Still 50% discount at the moment with a very affordable price tag, and collect all old and modern Tomb Raider games + DLC.
store.steampowered.com

Steam Store

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the way this year is going they'll skip the PSX games and this collection will start at Angel of Darkness.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Is there any actual mentions of platforms in the trademark? Because I don't see any. Are we just going off this image for platforms?

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
FINALLY FINALLY looks like they're going to start building towards a proper modern version of the classic games.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Lol, we just had two thread title changes in like two minutes. It seems there's no mention of platforms at all, and that image is a fake. OP really needs to update it.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Ah, yeah, that image is probably fake, the trademark has the "TRUE" branding so they're probably going to be using that.

(Plus it says Stadia, so we know it has to be fake)

If it is a collection, TR1-5, Angel of Darkness, Legend/Anni/Underworld, and the two Lara Croft games would be quite a bit for a single package. Might not be all of them. Would be nice if they went deep and grabbed stuff like the Game Boy game too though.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
The Legend Trilogy is still my favorite TR.

(and yes, Croft for Smash)
The "Anniversary" reboot series was great

Should I give Underworld another chance? I absolutely love Legend and Anniversary, played them both several times, but I tried twice to get into Underworld and for some reason I bounced off it within a hour both times. Is it as good as the other two or was there a reason I bounced off?

Oct 26, 2017
Eidos have been shockingly absent on Switch, and was a big Wii supporter (Buzz Monkey did all the Wii TR ports), and was the only one of SE to release a Wii U game in the west (Deus Ex Human Revolution DC). So bizarre. But I guess with the team now squarely (HA) focused on AAA games bar the occasional mobile game, they just can't really do much on the system I guess unless they get say Nixxes or Tantalus to do down ports.

I'll tell you what I want to see from them; a revival of A/AA games on Switch like on Wii. Honestly a remaster of Death Jr. Root of Evil (which they published on Wii) on the Switch eShop would be pretty cool. Who even owns Backbone's catalogue anyway? Maybe the modern Digital Eclipse does. 🤔 Hell they did some localizations like Necro-Nesia as Escape from Bug Island on Wii by Spike. Do those again. Remember their budget brand Secret Stash Games? That was a neat brand. Bring that back.

76107_front.jpg

Incredible box.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
huh. Every Tomb Raider Game in one disc would be a rather interesting sell. If it includes some new content, like a remaster of the original 6 or something, then it could work but IDK, not sure.

A Switch port for these versions would be welcome though.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Hey Lant_War, you really should remove that image unless you know it's coming from a reliable source. A lot of people are going to see it think it's real and be very disappointed if this just ends up being a collection of the reboot trilogy.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Should I give Underworld another chance? I absolutely love Legend and Anniversary, played them both several times, but I tried twice to get into Underworld and for some reason I bounced off it within a hour both times. Is it as good as the other two or was there a reason I bounced off?
Underworld is....ok...but its got some neat story stuff if you are a fan of the original series

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so if that image is bunk and the sum total of the info we have is the TRUE acronym, then this is probably just the three latest games bundled together right?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Eidos have been shockingly absent on Switch, and was a big Wii supporter (Buzz Monkey did all the Wii TR ports), and was the only one of SE to release a Wii U game in the west (Deus Ex Human Revolution DC). So bizarre. But I guess with the team now squarely (HA) focused on AAA games bar the occasional mobile game, they just can't really do much on the system I guess unless they get say Nixxes or Tantalus to do down ports.

I'll tell you what I want to see from them; a revival of A/AA games on Switch like on Wii. Honestly a remaster of Death Jr. Root of Evil (which they published on Wii) on the Switch eShop would be pretty cool. Who even owns Backbone's catalogue anyway? Maybe the modern Digital Eclipse does. 🤔 Hell they did some localizations like Necro-Nesia as Escape from Bug Island on Wii by Spike. Do those again. Remember their budget brand Secret Stash Games? That was a neat brand. Bring that back.

76107_front.jpg

Incredible box.

They are now owned by Sqaure Enix, and outside some FF ports and that one old school JRPG throwback, they've been pretty absent on the Switch with other IPs.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Lol this is probably just a collection of the new trilogy. Or maybe a graphical remake of the ps1 game if we're lucky