• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whichsquare remake do you want the most?

• Final Fantasy 6

Votes: 249 15.5%
  • Chrono Trigger

Votes: 479 29.8%
  • Xenogears

Votes: 285 17.7%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

Votes: 207 12.9%
  • Parasite Eve

Votes: 168 10.5%
  • Soul Reaver

Votes: 143 8.9%
  • Valkyrie Profile

Votes: 75 4.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Matsuda wasn't shy about his commitment or desire to re-release as many older games as possible. "If it's a popular series, we want to revive the whole series regardless of what the profitability looks like on individual titles," he said. "We'd rather put the entire series out there so it can be played again."

Of course, that's been easier said than done, as Matsuda shared with us the challenges of tracking down code for older titles, calling it "troubling." We're guessing based on this, more re-releases of older games are in the future, as long as Square Enix has all the elements necessary to do so."

more here: https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/22/square-enixs-rule-for-remakes-they-must-surpass-the-original

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"we want to revive the series"

with a cheap budget.

I can't see this lasting long

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Ready for that Legacy of kain collection then.

You know it's your only western brand worth a damn.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Oh great, more ports, remasters and remakes of old ass games that I played 20 years ago. How about concentrating on NEW games?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This is a good mindset IMO, especially considering his last statement on it suggested it was a new internal team dedicated to it. If Square can effectively start up its own Sega Ages-style classic games brand it'd be amazing.

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
Chrono Series:

giphy.gif

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
"We're very open to remaking and revisiting popular in demand titles."

"Huh? Final Fantasy VI? Chrono Trigger? Final Fantasy Tactics? Never heard of those."

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
At least Kawazu is reviving SaGa in the west even if it's not popular

If Matsuda was committed he'd allow Kawazu to remake SaGa Frontier like he wishes for

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Oh great, more ports, remasters and remakes of old ass games that I played 20 years ago. How about concentrating on NEW games?
It's not as if they don't make new games. The thing is Square has an enormous library of games that thousands and millions of gamers haven't played before but might be interested. If you don't care about them, good, but it's important for other people to experience them. That said, we might be in for Parasite Eve, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics and Legacy of Kain collections soon!

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
If Trials of Mana is the new baseline for nostalgia titles then go ahead and do everything.

Sojiro

Jun 24, 2018
Oh man, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, Brave Fencer Musashi and Chrono Trigger/Cross when please?

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Bring back actual Front Mission you cowards!!!

Valkyrie Profile/Brave Fencer/Soul Reaver/Chrono/Xenogears/Real Parasite Eve would be fine too.

Last edited:

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
New Parasite Eve made in the RE2R's blueprint would be great.

Maybe a Musashi of the Wild.

Or a Reaver Souls ; )

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
We got a western release of SD3 and Trials of Mana Remake out of this as well as western releases of Romancing Saga 2 & 3 and Scarlet Grace.
We're also getting a remaster of the original misunderstood FF CC.
Ima let you bitch all you want, they're getting more money from me than I've given them since Crystal Bearers
And we're also not getting anything close to the shit of the mobile FF remakes so bring it on.

FF Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time TWO
You mean FF Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates THREE? Right?

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We got a western release of SD3 and Trials of Mana Remake out of this as well as western releases of Romancing Saga 2 & 3 and Scarlet Grace.
We're also getting a remaster of the original misunderstood FF CC.
Ima let you bitch all you want, they're getting more money from me than I've given them since Crystal Bearers
And we're also not getting anything close to the shit of the mobile FF remakes so bring it on.

You mean FF Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates THREE? Right?
Rings of Fates is bad.