• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I thought it was an ok conference, Final Fantasy of course stealing the show.

No Mana collection is a bummer, same with Babylons Fall being a no show.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Still though ,Avengers just looks rough compared to spider-man at this point before their release.I mean I know Avengers has online and is doing more technically, but still...

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Conference started off with a bang (a 20+ year old remake), and nosedived into a CG Avengers fest that did not look good.

Overall a C+ for me.

ManiLink

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
Square Enix won E3 hands down. After how bad they were in 2018 who would've thought they would kill it this year.

I thought their presentation was great! FF7 looks Incredible and Avengers looks a ton of fun. But let's be fair... The majority of the good stuff would have been at Sonys presser if they had one. Sony not being there greatly benefit Squares show this year.

Plum

May 31, 2018
No Babylon's Fall
No Collection of Mana
No Nier: Automata 2
No The Quiet Man S: Definitive Edition
No Final Fantasy: All the Bravest Remake

0/10 conference

It's over

GG

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Pretty good show! Probably the best so far this year. But we still got Nintendo to look forward to.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought their presentation was great! FF7 looks Incredible and Avengers looks a ton of fun. But let's be fair... The majority of the good stuff would have been at Sonys presser if they had one. Sony not being there greatly benefit Squares show this year.
I mean sure but that doesn't change the fact about how good it was.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That was a decent showing, but it should've been cut down to an hour. But I guess having too much to show is better than not enough.

Avengers looks soooooo skechy though. FF7's combat seems a lot better than originally thought, but Midgar only is a huge red flag. FF8 looked almost perfect.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the complaints from people being upset with SE showing "too many jrpgs". It like complaining EA showing too many sports games during their conferences.

Anyway, I enjoyed this conference. I'm not a big fan of Final Fantasy VII, but I'm feeling the hype for the remake.

I hope we see Mana tomorrow during the Nintendo Direct.

ManiLink

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
I mean sure but that doesn't change the fact about how good it was.

Yeh I loved it. But what I'm saying is FFVII would have been at Sonys press event... And possibly Avengers at Sonys due to marvel ties. Without those it would have still been good with the FFVIII reveal probably being the apex of the event. In no way would it be E3 winning like it has been. Nintendo will probably match them for me going by them showing games I super care about already.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Square's conference was good but fuck, so many rereleases. Very few new games. It's very obvious that everyone is getting ready for next gen now. Final Fantasy 7 looked incredible. Not sure if that was even real Avengers gameplay, though the voice cast is A++.

Nocturno

Oct 27, 2017
9/10 Because it lacked a next gen Parasite Eve.

A new Einhander would have made it a 11/10 but I know that ain't happening...

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
The biggest dissapointment for me was a lack of Babylons Fall, but it was an otherwise solid conference. Like that intro alone was the best thing this E3, and I was glad to see more Oninaki and Crystal Chronicles. Can't wait for footage of FFVIIR from the stage floor to start popping up, going to be great to see even more gameplay footage.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Sabi was right about everything, it's happening for sure

giphy.gif

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Deus Ex died for this
Crystal Dynamics had nothing to do with Deus Ex. Guardians of the Galaxy is the Marvel game the Deus Ex team will probably end up doing.

And let's be honest, as much as I love the Deus Ex franchise, it died because Mankind Divided was a disappointment.

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty good show even if the middle kinda dragged and the character designs in Avengers look generic as fuck. I absolutely loved FFVIIR, will definitely be buying (and platting) FFVIII, will buy LiS2 when it's done, am looking forward to the KH3 DLC and will probably check out a bunch of their other remasters/games too. I'll give it a B.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
How so? The only details missing during the reveal were Ms. Marvel (voiceover) and a crashed helicarrier as your hub. est1992 and Neoxon can vouch for me since I told them both about a San Francisco/west coast attack in private.
Yeah, he's right. I didn't really care much about spoilers for the reveal, hence why he told me.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crystal Dynamics had nothing to do with Deus Ex. Guardians of the Galaxy is the Marvel game the Deus Ex team will probably end up doing.

And let's be honest, as much as I love the Deus Ex franchise, it died because Mankind Divided was a disappointment.

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty good show even if the middle kinda dragged and the character designs in Avengers look generic as fuck. I absolutely loved FFVIIR, will definitely be buying (and platting) FFVIII, will buy LiS2 when it's done, am looking forward to the KH3 DLC and will probably check out a bunch of their other remasters/games too. I'll give it a B.

I know, I was being half sarcastic. But Eidos Montreal is now part of the Avengers group and it sounds like they'll be relegated to DLC or other stuff for this, which I do find kind of sad because HR and MD were imperfect gems!

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
the trailer showed the Eidos Montreal logo or w/e it is
Eidos Montreal assists Crystal Dynamics on all their AAA games. Check out the credits for Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider as well.

I know, I was being half sarcastic. But Eidos Montreal is now part of the Avengers group and it sounds like they'll be relegated to DLC or other stuff for this, which I do find kind of sad because HR and MD were imperfect gems!
I wouldn't go that far. Eidos Montreal is a big studio with like 3 teams. I'm sure they'll continue working on other games too (like Guardians of the Galaxy).

Oct 25, 2017
That was pretty damn good but some things were GLARINGLY missing:

• Star Ocean HD
  • Star Ocean 2 HD
  • Mana Collection
  • World of Final Fantasy 2
  • Parasite Eve
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Xenogears HD/remake

I'm watching the Gamespot one and they only do before & after reactions, they are silent during the stream

Thanks. Started with IGN then halfway through SE had their official one up.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
That was... a rather good showing?

Great 3 hit combo with some well paced filler in between and some reminder of upcoming games.

Can't walk out of their E3 presentation when they gave a ton of info and content on VIIR, VIII Remastered and more info on The Avengers.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Square had an awful presentation. FFVII looked good as usual but I'm not buying part one, I'll wait for the complete package. Avengers looked alright, the art style leaves much to be desired.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Lack of Babylon's Fall makes the whole thing disappointing.

I'm not buying that Avengers is actually playable solo until I see gameplay. It's a GAAS, and GAAS is not to be trusted.

Same with Outriders. Co-op based drop-in/drop out shooter out game with a "deep story"? that sounds A LOT like anthem.. and we all know how THAT turned out.

FF7 looks alright, so I'll check it out in 2 years when it comes to PC. Okinaki looked cool.

but yeah. based on my personal preferences, poorest showing so far.