• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people are (or were) worried about the project only being confined to Midgar. The first part (or game) is Midgar only, but they made it very clear that this is just the beginning.

Exact quote:

Remaking Final Fantasy VII has allowed us to dive much deeper into the world and its characters than ever before. The game design was optimized for this title as well, and we anticipate two Blu-Ray discs worth of gameplay content.

The first game in this project expands on the story of Midgar, and is such an elaborate retelling that it has become a solid standalone game in its own right.

I think this is the best way to go. Flesh out the world and don't rush through it. FF7 fully realized.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people are (or were) worried about the project only being confined to Midgar. The first part (or game) is Midgar only, but they made it very clear that this is just the beginning.

Exact quote:

I think this is the best way to go. Flesh out the world and don't rush through it. FF7 fully realized.

Sure... except here we are many years later and we still have nothing released.

Ff7 is a heck of a long game, so when does the rest of it get made? 2047 on the ps9? It is also very uneven in quality.

We are already going cross generation, consoles will rise, others may fall. Sales will peak, a bad episode could tank the whole thing.

It isn't that they are planning to only stay in the first section, but realistically that might be all we ever get.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
After seeing what looked like an Emil face on Yoshi-Ps shirt (he is notorious for hinting at stuff on stage with his clothing) I was really hoping to see something nier related, even if was just the FFXIV raid series. Oh well, another year :(

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I had a final right when Square Enix's conference started so I just finished watching it. Pretty safely the best conference so far. The crowd sucked (not to the level of Bethesda's) and Avengers kind of fizzled out at the end but it was really good outside of that. My ratings of the main press conferences so far:

Square Enix: B+
Microsoft: C+
Ubisoft: D+
Bethesda: D-

Oct 25, 2017
A thousand apologies but this is the first (only) conference thread I'm looking in, is there a summary? Sad I missed it.

Thanks!

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers ruined a great conference

They should have just played the FFVII Remake trailer again at the end to wash the taste out of everyone's mouth

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Is there a thread for the Launch trailer for Shadowbringers for me to gush about with someone because that trailer was just...god tier editing and music.

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Ready for a new playthrough.

panel-9528716-image-5bc99b4f82c0fa97-320.png
Hahahhhaa

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I had a final right when Square Enix's conference started so I just finished watching it. Pretty safely the best conference so far. The crowd sucked (not to the level of Bethesda's) and Avengers kind of fizzled out at the end but it was really good outside of that. My ratings of the main press conferences so far:

Square Enix: B+
Microsoft: C+
Ubisoft: D+
Bethesda: D-
I think MS could have been B+ if it wasn't for the leaks, but yeah clear win for Square here.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Yeah, considering what SE did last year, this was a good surprise. So far: MS > SE > Beth > KFG > Ubi > EA. I am worried about Babylon's Fall though, it could have been game of the show for me if we had some story+gameplay.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Dont expecting anything more than what IX did, which wasnt much. Would be nice though if it was 'out now!'

IX did quite a bit. The entire game was rewritten from the ground up in unity, all the main characters' and many other NPCs' models were redone from scratch, and original assets were used to create HD versions of the FMVs. The whole UI including all the icons for every item in the game were redrawn.