• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
The PS4 version has the bare minimum trophies for an MMORPG. You only get trophies for the vanilla main scenario quest A Realm Reborn, arguably the weakest part of the game too.

You don't get any added trophies for buying any of the three expansions. I thought this wasn't allowed? How come Sony/Square Enix have not implemented any further trophies in the game? The game has ingame achievements and a tracker within the game which is fine, but they could have easily used some of these achievements as trophies too. I don't get it. I spent £40 to buy the new Shadowbringers addon and you don't get any extra trophies for it. Neither do you get them for the other two expansions.

I think its the only game that has ever done this in this scale? Like even ESO, Neverwinter Online, Warframe and all these other games (Which are F2P too) have extra DLC/expansion trophies added each time there is new content. So why not any of the paid expansions to FFXIV? Is there a reason for it? Has the dev ever said why there won't be any trophies?

On top of that the original trophy list for the game is pretty shit anyway. It's just making/crafting/gathering x number of times. Very unoriginal and barebones. There is a LOT of content in this game and they could have made trophies for all sorts of things.

Square Enix have put no thought into any of this and they should be called out for it.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
giphy.gif

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
By law

They're achievements, get over it lol

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I mean at the end of the day they're just trophies and like you said there's ingame achievements. Like, it's really not that deep. 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I'm surprised that they've managed to get away with not adding trophies for each expansion, but I'm not fussed that they weren't included. I'm all for dev choice and if they didn't want to add them then good for them.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Your potentially valid criticism is going to be completely ignored due to your alarmist thread title. Well done.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate Joke; Accumulated Infractions
I hope Yoshi-P doesn't drop the soap

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Laughing my ass off at "by law".

Yeah, Trophies for the expansions would've been really cool. The ARR Trophy list is pretty boring, too. "Harvest 1000 minerals" mehh

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
They only added the original trophies just to meet the PlayStation requirement -- they're all tied to in-game achievements, anyway.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
They'd be a good little extra source of motivation while you go through the expansions to catch up. Don't know how they'd do them well when you can skip content and levels.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
BY LAW
SQUARE ENIX DESERVE PRISON TIME FOR NOT GIVING ME A NEW PLATINUM TROPHY

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
There's so much to chase in XIV I don't think I could give less of a fuck about a trophy hunt for an MMO. I'm not sure this is anything to break out a pitchfork for...

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
The day we get rid of achievements means we have a healthier community. Not the cause but certainly a symptom

Ps: I'm fine with people liking achievements

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
We're lucky it has a platinum trophy in the first place. Warframe certainly doesn't.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kotaku: Square Enix to stand trial this Saturday for not including Trophies in their Final Fantasy expansion.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Who cares about PS4 trophies when there's in game achievements. At least you can get rewards for those ones.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Came in to see what people had to say about this "by law" business.

Sounds serious 😂

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Square Enix has broken the law and brought shame for their country. The have no choice but to commit Sudoku. Get those pencils out.

Status
Not open for further replies.