• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
holy shit she is attractive

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
What's really crappy is that they made it impossible to get 100% of trophies in FFXV because you can't get the comrades trophies now. I was aiming for 100% in all FF games so this really, really bugs me.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
In the criminal justice system, the Gamers are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The police, who ensure that all DLC has trophies, and the district attorneys, who prosecute the Developers. These are their stories.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
After playing this game further, I'm now level 44 and love that the ingame "achievements" actually give ingame rewards; maybe this isn't so bad after all?

More games need to reward you in game stuff for achievements.
Really enjoying the gameplay too. Regardless of Achievements/trophies. Lack of trophies doesn't seem to matter as much on this game compared to others for some reason. Why is that?

Are you saying the law has changed?

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
As soon as I saw the title I knew how this thread was going to devolve. Great way to start the week 😂

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
After playing this game further, I'm now level 44 and love that the ingame "achievements" actually give ingame rewards; maybe this isn't so bad after all?

More games need to reward you in game stuff for achievements.
Really enjoying the gameplay too. Regardless of Achievements/trophies. Lack of trophies doesn't seem to matter as much on this game compared to others for some reason. Why is that?
Games used to do that. They were called "unlockables."

OP
OP
mogster7777

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Games used to do that. They were called "unlockables."
All i know is I never went out of my way before achievements/trophies came in to get everything. The fact that they are there make me enjoy games more and get more out of them. Like the achievement list for DQXI was great and I got 170 nice hours out of it because of it.

This FFXIV game would have been better with them, but at least they give you rewards for them and they actually tell you what you have to do to unlock them, unlike old games where you just stumbled onto something by accident but then it got lost on your save file due to the cartridge format and switching gens etc.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This FFXIV game would have been better with them, but at least they give you rewards for them and they actually tell you what you have to do to unlock them, unlike old games where you just stumbled onto something by accident but then it got lost on your save file due to the cartridge format and switching gens etc.
Fair point. Games headed by Masahiro Sakurai such as Kirby Air Ride, Kid Icarus Uprising, and the Smash Bros. series usually have challenge boards which are literally in-game achievements with rewards attached.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea what happened in this thread (besides judge dredd being called upon for square's law breaking lol) but op raises a good point, if other mmo expansions have them why doesn't ff14?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All i know is I never went out of my way before achievements/trophies came in to get everything. The fact that they are there make me enjoy games more and get more out of them. Like the achievement list for DQXI was great and I got 170 nice hours out of it because of it.

Did you really enjoy your time with DQ11? I would be able to 100% the game 2,5x with your time and it was a god damn waste of my time in my first playthrough to do the platinum stuff. Trophys are a waste of time and useless filler. Most of the achivements dont even need you to evolve your skill or do some crazy shit. RPGs are the worst in that regard with all those useless Max level achivements. I rather like to finish my next game. It's not like I feel better doing them - the few times i do that I always start to hate the experience so I stop or do it quickly like with DQ

OP
OP
mogster7777

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Did you really enjoy your time with DQ11? I would be able to 100% the game 2,5x with your time and it was a god damn waste of my time in my first playthrough to do the platinum stuff. Trophys are a waste of time and useless filler. Most of the achivements dont even need you to evolve your skill or do some crazy shit. RPGs are the worst in that regard with all those useless Max level achivements. I rather like to finish my next game. It's not like I feel better doing them - the few times i do that I always start to hate the experience so I stop or do it quickly like with DQ

Yeah I enjoyed every moment and the trophies helped me 100% it and see the majority of the game. Same with MGSSV trying to get full rank on each mission was fun and made you think on how to approach each mission especially later ones. Same with Ni No Kuni 2. Building your base to max was time consuming but also really fun and there was a nice trophy at the end of it for the effort.

Anyway I haven't had a chance to play FFXIV over the weekend as I was playing Darksiders 3 which I will finish tonight. Speaking of DS3 it's a fun game with nice trophy list. However I I won't be getting all of them I never force myself to get everything if it's too time consuming and that time doesn't equal to more or good enough fun. I don't really fancy the idea of going through a 7.5/10 game again to get the rest. I'm happy with just one playthrough and have enjoyed it mostly regardless of trophies. I always have a limit with trophies. I'm not one of those who forces themselves to get everything even on a shitty or average game to the point where it feels like work and I could be playing something much better.

The game has to be really good and not have ridiculous requirements in its trophies if I'm gonna get them all. So it's not like I can't enjoy games if I don't get every single one. I don't really platinum games much tbh. But I like to get as many as I can along the way if a game is fun or good enough like DS3.

I've also never understood why some RPGs force you to go through their 50-100 hour game again if you wanted the last couple of trophies. NISA games are pretty guilty of this. Like no matter how good a game is I never normally replay it unless it's a short second playthrough and super fun. Life's short.

OP
OP
mogster7777

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Just to advise. The trophy support is in full swing with this game now. With content packs having their own trophy list with each major update. Looks like they followed through and listened to feedback after all!
:)

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
The PS5 version fucked up the trophies though and put a bunch that are related to expansion raids into the base game. Wonder if that ever gets fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.