• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
giphy.gif

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
On topic I was always bummed when minor expansions in Destiny didn't get trophies. But this thread is going exactly how I hoped it would when I clicked it.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Stop right there, criminal scum! Nobody breaks the law on my watch! I'm confiscating your stolen goods. Now pay your fine or it's off to jail.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
If you people would stop making jokes for one goddamn minute and read the Constitution you'd know it was in there. It is the law, and there are consequences. Know your history and know the law, lest you find yourselves on the wrong side of it.

Article II, Section V

The development company, vice president of said company and all civil officers up to and including the CEO, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors for the act of placing any DLC on a PlayStation home entertainment system without trophy support.

constitution.jpg

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Both use XBL and Sea of Thieves was a temp thing. Minecraft is probably just generally self-regulated.

In terms of Switch, I wouldn't be shocked if they're hesitant due to the PS5. Once the PS5 comes out which will naturally have it's version of FF14, the lifespan of the PS4 with the game officially begins counting down. So they probably don't want to add the Switch and then one expansion later drop support for it.
Maybe, maybe not. FFXI didn't get a PS3 client, SE just told people to play the PS2 version on their PS3s. On the other hand DQX did get both native Wii and Wii U clients despite the Wii version being playable on Wii U. Although DQX also got a streaming client on various platforms (iOS, Android, 3DS) so that may also be an option for Switch if FFXIV ever pushes beyond it's spec (which it hasn't really yet). Well, if Nintendo or Sony "regulations" okay it.

misterBee

Aug 16, 2018
The game has a built-in achievement system that actually nets you rewards anyway. Who cares about trophies?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Trophy/Achievement laws were a thing, I'd be more than happy to break them. Cuz fuck 'em

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, maybe not. FFXI didn't get a PS3 client, SE just told people to play the PS2 version on their PS3s. On the other hand DQX did get both native Wii and Wii U clients despite the Wii version being playable on Wii U. Although DQX also got a streaming client on various platforms (iOS, Android, 3DS) so that may also be an option for Switch if FFXIV ever pushes beyond it's spec (which it hasn't really yet). Well, if Nintendo or Sony "regulations" okay it.

FFXIV already dropped PS3 support. So it has once before.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
FFXIV already dropped PS3 support. So it has once before.
I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about BC. FFXIV got a current gen port because of no BC, but FFXI didn't because of BC. Now DQX goes against the grain here, but DQX seems like a special case in general given it's console crossplay while nothing else in the genre is.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about BC. FFXIV got a current gen port because of no BC, but FFXI didn't because of BC. Now DQX goes against the grain here, but DQX seems like a special case in general given it's console crossplay while nothing else in the genre is.

Well even with BC on Next-Gen they wouldn't not update it to use PS5 functionality.

Oct 27, 2017
Play for fun, or find a different hobby. That's what I have to say about trophy hunters. You could collect almost anything in this life, and you decide to pick the most inane garbage out there. How about you start a stamp collection and every time you beat a game, you add a new stamp. That actually has more tangible worth than video game trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.