• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like we got some lawyers in here. To the Supreme Court we go

Eqfaf49.png

Oh god this got a hearty laugh from me...and my eye twitched a little as I hated that system. Nah OP they aren't required to. Sucks for those that care though.

Holy shit guys has this thread been nothing but images and gifs fucking with OP the whole run? Lmao

Dhoom

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Trophies are a waste of time. They don't need to add useless content if they don't want to. In fact I'd prefer if they didn't.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man seeing that topic title makes me so glad I got out of the achievement game.

Eriol

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
OP doenst have even looked the link that multiple people posted, the achievemnts have rewards like gear and mounts and other stuff if he unlocks the correct achievemnts tho. Also is all listed on the achievement window.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
This is Commander Shepard and this is my favourite thread on ResetEra.

... also, I'm calling C-Sec on Square-Enix.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather have a trophy tbh tied to my account forever to say I did something in the game I can look back on than a superficial minion that doesn't even do anything in the game. I'll look at the link though thanks.

You also get titles to display above/below your name for certain achievements that let you show what you've accomplished in-game, which I'd argue is more impactful than showing off your trophy list to someone who's never even played the game before.

Also there's a minigame in the gold saucer called Lord of Verminion that uses your minions.

Last edited:

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile the added a shit load of trophies to FFXV DLCs. Platinum the base game only gives 47% overall progress.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I'd rather have a trophy tbh tied to my account forever to say I did something in the game I can look back on than a superficial minion that doesn't even do anything in the game. I'll look at the link though thanks.
Do you really look back at old trophies to remember the good old days? A trophy doesn't do anything in the game either, right? I don't see what the difference is, both things don't do anything in the game.

Eriol

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
I also can look back at the achievements:

jeDEMSi.png

also the minions is a nice collection and achievements give weay more useful stuff like titles, mounts etc..

OvWzVyz.png

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
"I'd rather have a trophy, which exists solely to look at, rather than a superficial minion, which exists only to look at (which is false)"

Are the over 2000 achievements you can look at not enough for you? There are also titles and mounts which are locked behind accomplishing certain things, and there are dozens if not hundreds of titles and quite a few mounts as well.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo is the biggest criminal enterprise in Japan. Every new sale is a new victim. Even the Yakuza are honorably enough to hand out trophies.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Maybe they're phazing them out of their games? It's about time these things went away for good.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017

Man, I don't understand where you're coming from. You first don't even know there are in game achievements (or at minimum that they can give you rewards). Then you say you'd rather have some "trophy" tied to your PSN account (that you think will be forever) rather than something you incorrectly state doesn't do anything in game (it certainly does more than a trophy).

Every post you make just makes this thread even more flabbergasting,

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ah yes, I remember when Congress passed a law that video games needed to have achievements/trophies if they are paid content.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
the "Final Battle" expansion for attack on titan 2 released without any new trophy.
it's a bummer but not a big deal.

OP
OP
mogster7777

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
The way i see it Sony have become too relaxed and this needs to be more enforced perhaps with stricter guidelines for the developers.

It's pretty much the same thing as when even today, a lot of games STILL come out with no PS4 Pro enhancements whatsoever. This is a very similar situation. I bought a so called "super charged" console yet it's gimped when there's no enhancements and some games are made running like the previous model.

I'm paying for PSN, it's eco system and services and the game itself. Trophies in games are part of the Playstation package in 2019 this isn't 1999. Games have changed and with it the way people play and interact socially through online stuff like trophies. It's like Facebook you look at your history the same way as trophies.

I dunno I'm just a little disappointed. I expected trophies with big paid expansions like this to complement the nice, long enjoyable content it offers.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
UK
There's in game achievements. I got my golden magitek mount last night.
D_uPyHPXYAAK4hO

I dunno. I just couldn't enjoy FF14 without tacky achievements and their rewards. I just could not enjoy a video game unless it told me I made an achievement.

OP
OP
mogster7777

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
There's in game achievements. I got my golden magitek mount last night.
D_uPyHPXYAAK4hO

I dunno. I just couldn't enjoy FF14 without tacky achievements and their rewards. I just could not enjoy a video game unless it told me I made an achievement.
Looks great. I'm gonna have to look into these ingame achievements. Oh well it's not all a lost cause I suppose. At least it has those even though it's not on a system level.

But I know what you mean. For example, I wouldn't have burned as many calories on Beat Saber if it didn't have trophies. Probably wouldn't have played it anywhere near as much. They may mean nothing to some people but they really escalate most games for me. It's like a whole new modern way of playing when they're implemented properly. They're fun.

Marie

Oct 25, 2017
There's an achievement that gives you "The Ultimate Legend" title, that way you are never forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.