• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
So, the official Twitter account for the Bravely series just shared this:

For those who can't read Japanese, the tweet basically reads like this:

We've already announced it, but...

\Octopath Traveler, 1 million units shipped! /

Thank you!

Now, now...

Please look forward to the next Square-Enix 11 BD games m_ _m

Not sure if that's for a new Bravely game, or "just" a port of Bravely Default / Second, but it's definitely a teaser of some sorts.

The picture in the background is the 1m celebratino artwork they shared last week:

I remember someone on Twitter pointing out the shape looked like Airy, but that seemed a bit farfetched... well, doesn't look like it was farfetched after all...

Edit: actually, just realised there's also the new profile picture (used by Asano Team on Facebook since last year) and Twitter name (Bravely OOOOO). The text in latin reads "Ad Spes Respondere", which could be translated as "To respond to hopes".

DbGlpFhH.jpg

Please repost and lock this thread 4 times if old/unnecessary.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
What does the text in that tweet say?

Regardless, I'll be there day 1 for anything Bravely (except mobile).

D4rth Man7iz

Mar 30, 2018
Will these JRPGs be exclusive to Nintendo devices indefinitely, any chance to see them on other platforms?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This was on their Twitter at Christmas as well for those that missed it

bravely_default_switch_tease.jpg

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
The composition of that art really does scream: 'Octopath is now in the past, please look forward to Bravely in the future'.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will these JRPGs be exclusive to Nintendo devices indefinitely, any chance to see them on other platforms?

Honestly, I could probably see Switch, PC, and Mobile, but definitely would welcome PS4 and Xbox One too. I guess it really depends on the deal that's in place with the series, whether or not Nintendo has any leeway over the series or not.

Thickstone

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, but expected when you think about it.

Still reminds me that I didn't get very far since many posters seemed to be kinda lukewarm about it.

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh please be Bravely Third for Switch, I would be all over that.

Also please be focused on Ringabell.

Actually a game that ties everything from Four Heroes of Light, the Bravely games and Octopath would be all kinds of awesome for me.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Hope Bravely Turd is developed by Cygames instead of Shitticon Studio. The director left anyway, so there's no real reason for Asano to continue working with that dumpster fire of a company. Especially after they ruined the honor of the esteemed Lord Sakaguchi.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of expected this to happen considering they used the Bravely account to promote Octopath. Just a question of when.

Combined with the Christmas teaser it's very clear something is coming to Switch.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Mobile port of Bravely 1 I bet.
Nah, if they were interested in this it would have happened a while ago.

They have been fumbling at SE for the last couple months to see what they can bring to Switch...their big japanese titles with FF/DQ/KH arent happening right now, same for the their big western titles. They know they have to throw Nintendo a couple bones until their bigger titles are ready in 2019...which is why DQ Builders, TWEWY and Bravely Default 1+2 are happening this year.
Reckon this and them on the switch plus maybe DLC for Octopath?

Octopath wont get any DLC.
Honestly, I could probably see Switch, PC, and Mobile, but definitely would welcome PS4 and Xbox One too. I guess it really depends on the deal that's in place with the series, whether or not Nintendo has any leeway over the series or not.
These games arent coming to PC and the other consoles.

Thats not how SE moves with these titles. Their Nintendo support is still lacking right now, so they are looking to provide exclusive content to compensate the fact. It would be a different scenario if all other big SE titles were also on Switch.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Well, BD11 noted they're not only a Switch division, but did note they had other games coming to Switch, so I would guess the first projects for them were Octopath and Switch ports of Bravely Default 1 and 2, after which point they have more broad plans.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
I would only be interested in a Bravely game if it was a new installment with new main characters. Don't want a port, don't want to have a coup de gravy or mrgrgr anymore. Unacceptable.

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope Bravely Turd is developed by Cygames instead of Shitticon Studio. The director left anyway, so there's no real reason for Asano to continue working with that dumpster fire of a company. Especially after they ruined the honor of the esteemed Lord Sakaguchi.

What happened exactly? If it's okay I ask?

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon already spun off their game studio. They won't be involved either way.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Bravely is garbage. Make what the people actually want, 3D Dot Heroes
They would also need to work with Cygames for that. The director is now the CEO of Cygames and the programming director is the CTO of Cygames. One of the planners on 3D Dot Heroes is also a game producer at Cygames and sits on the board of directors.
Silicon already spun off their game studio. They won't be involved either way.
What does spun off mean? Ejected into the sun? Hopefully ejected into the sun!

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah, I'd take a collection of 1+2 in February next year if that's okay. Usually a dry time for me, so I could use some JRPG goodness then.

Deleted member 32106

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
They change name from Bravely Second to Bravely OOOOO

New games confirm

before (Don't mind text it's from tweet not name)
gqiwR7v.png

after
8hv2UUY.png

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Remasters of the first two games this year, while teasing a new game for 2019.
I feel like they're crazy enough to remake the first two games in the engine of the third or something, kind of like an extra batshit version of For The Sequel.

I don't even know if I'm interested in a third Bravely at this point though. Where Default goes, and Second in general, really put me off.
Given Nakahara joined after Bravely Default, and not after Bravely Second, whatever he's working on is pretty unlikely to be Bravely Third.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/2...r-now-working-at-cygames/#vItsOG3myA45WUAi.99
Hm? The meeting was in 2015, which is the year Bravely Second released and he directed.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Given Nakahara joined after Bravely Default, and not after Bravely Second, whatever he's working on is pretty unlikely to be Bravely Third.

Siliconera said:
Kensuke Nakahara was the director of the Bravely series, and he ended up joining Cygames back in 2015. After the release of Bravely Default: For the Sequel in Japan, he had lunch with Cygames' current CTO once, and decided to tour the company. The factor that clinched his decision to work at Cygames was being able to work on the same floor as the legendary Akihiko Yoshida, who was the company and art director of CyDesignation.
Nakahara is currently working on a new title alongside Yoshida. He believes that you can really feel the spirit of "wanting to make the best content ever" at Cygames. He also mentioned that plans and projects move much quicker at Cygames.
Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/2...r-now-working-at-cygames/#vItsOG3myA45WUAi.99

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
What happened exactly? If it's okay I ask?
They announced a business deal with Mistwalker where they were supposed to bring their programming and game production expertise to make Terra Battle 2 bigger than the original. Instead it tanked so hard due to a shitastic launch that the game is shutting down worldwide within a year. They also went public a while ago, and their shares have been tanking since they went on the market. So recently they announced that they're moving their game development business to another company to try and mitigate losses in their main business. Silicon Studio sucks. The director of Bravely Default also bailed out after Bravely Second.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
What does spun off mean? Ejected into the sun? Hopefully ejected into the sun!
So Silicon thought it was a great idea to do an IPO, then their stock imploded because they don't actually have anything of value, so they spun off the game division to try and get away from their imploding games business and go back to being a private middleware company.

I imagine they would have loaded up any debt they had on to said entity as well, so uh, I can't imagine it's long for this world.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes please. Collection for Switch and new game.

Well, BD11 noted they're not only a Switch division, but did note they had other games coming to Switch, so I would guess the first projects for them were Octopath and Switch ports of Bravely Default 1 and 2, after which point they have more broad plans.

Well it's important to keep in mind they never specified what other platforms they were referring to and they have made mobile(and browser?) games in the past. Especially considering they specifically mentioned working with Nintendo which I assume wouldn't happen of they meant a traditional multiplatform release.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
He joined after Bravely Second. Bravely Second came out in April 2015 in Japan, and he left after that. I think you're confusing it with when he first met with Cygame's CTO, that was years before he eventually joined.