1. Reanimatoin

Reanimatoin
    Member OP

https://tenshoku.mynavi.jp/jobinfo-202903-2-21-2/

Google translated excerpt from listing:
    "【Progress of current project】
    FF VII REMAKE has all functions and contents implemented We are constantly examining the program within the development team, but while it is satisfying to say that we reproduce the original with high quality graphics, it is already one step higher than the quality that can meet the expectations of fans We have reached the conclusion that we should aim for. "

At least it's something? I have no idea how game development works so I don't know how far on in the project something like this would show up, but the "all functions and contents implemented" part is positive.......right?

If anyone wants to take a proper crack at translating the page, it would be much appreciated.

MOD EDIT:
    Translation by Gematsu.
    https://gematsu.com/2018/03/final-f...anner-job-listing-provides-development-update

2. DmckPower

DmckPower

Dev hell confirmed! They haven't even planned their levels.

Jesus! Versus-2 confirmed!

3. PS6 launch title?

4. Bartend3r

Bartend3r

Level plan? It has not even started!!

5. AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Maybe it's for Episode 2 and beyond? Like they want to start getting the concepts and prototypes ready so that it doesn't take so long to make subsequent episodes of VII-R.

Hopefully.

6. NinjaCoachZ

NinjaCoachZ

I think we should probably get a proper translation since the description seems to be where a lot of the important details are.

7. Plumpbiscuit

Plumpbiscuit
    Banned Member

Another 10 years lads, FFXV all over again... fuck me.

8. Contranova

Contranova

Just out of perspective, Final Fantasy 15's Level Planning team had about 30 people.

It could be as simple as they're hiring more or some people got moved around/left.
    People need to stop reading into this more than they should...

9. Champion

Champion

'This could be for Ep. 2' - Optimistic SE stan.

Edit: Already beaten lmao

10. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Depressing

11. Shin-Kisa

Shin-Kisa

S-E is going to S-E.

Everything takes 10 times longer with them compared to other devs.

12. srtrestre

srtrestre

Oh nice development starting soon then

13. NinjaCoachZ

NinjaCoachZ

Yeah, games hire for positions like this constantly through development. I'm pretty sure I remember Naughty Dog were hiring for Uncharted 4 well into 2015.

14. SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

Any development info about this game will result in apocalyptic responses.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S STILL IN DEVELOPMENT?? THEY'RE STILL MAKING STUFF? VAPORWARE"

15. Brucey

Brucey

PLAN?!? PLAN?!?

16. Even this feels optimistic, TBH.

17. Seven Force

Seven Force

But muh hot takes and fear/uncertainty & doubt

Seriously though, there's plenty of reason to believe this game might take a long ass time, but this isn't one of them.

18. John Frost

John Frost

That 2027 release date for the 30th anniversary can’t wait!

19. pqvqs

pqvqs

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Let's just jump into the vaporware train with everyone else. It's a SE game, it'll surely take 10 years to release and will release on an incomplete state /s

20. macapala

macapala

Wow.... and this was announced 3 or 4 years ago.

21. Ryoukai

Ryoukai

Was Square Enix developing HD games much faster all a lie?!

22. LukarWuff

LukarWuff

I’m going to assume that this is either so the team can better prepare for future episodes, or that someone left and this is to fill their shoes.

Please don’t be Versus all over again.

23. ♡♪!?

♡♪!?

I wonder how some of the levels will translate like walking through the old coral mine track or climbing up the falling pipes/wires to Shinra tower, or the part when following Aeris to the bottom and dropping a barrels down at the right momentum.

24. chrisPjelly

chrisPjelly

They're going to turn this into Final Fantasy 16 at this point rofl

25. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Lmao this company I swear.

26. Aters

Aters

I don't know how people can extract so much information from this simple hiring message. All the studios hire people in the middle of developing. A modern game takes hundreds of people to make.

27. Novel Mike

Novel Mike

I'll never understand why SE didn't just give this game a massive face lift and call it a day instead of completely redesigning every aspect of the game. No matter what they do no way they'll make everyone happy, hell we've seen the debate about changing the combat from the original to something like FFXV (which now that we've played FFXV is exceptionally worrying) it just seems completely unnecessary when what I think most fans wanted was just a big graphical update, some quality of life features, and maybe a bit of new content. Instead SE is doing what SE does and is making everything much more complicated then it needed to be. Frankly at this point I'm glad they are doing this with FFVII and not FFVI, I'd hate to see the bullshit mess VI would be in the hands of the current SE which doesn't even fucking understand Kefka isn't just an insane clown.

28. Contranova

Contranova

Let's also just enjoy Ni No Kuni 2's upcoming release while we're at it.

29. ♡♪!?

♡♪!?

Maybe let Hiroyuki Ito godfather a downloable/handheld/switch game, call it XVI and use XVII for the remake.

30. KillLaCam

KillLaCam

This game better not end up like Versus

31. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

ITT: A lot of people who don't understand game development.

Guys, they didn't just start "level planning." Jesus Christ. Relax.

32. Caiops

Caiops

So, was Square posting job listings to Versus in 2010-2011?

This is giving me flashbacks

33. Aters

Aters

They mentioned FF7 has shipped 11.1 million worldwide.

They want people with HD development and level deign experience, and they prefer people who are familiar with UE4. Full time employment.

34. Sub Boss

Sub Boss

They don't even have a level planner booooo!!!

35. Ricelord

Ricelord

fixed

36. NinjaCoachZ

NinjaCoachZ

Every single game hires and straps in every single staff member at the beginning of development. Nobody ever leaves and at no point do certain areas ever call for extra manpower.

EVER.

Now let me tell you how a single excerpt of a Google Translated webpage is proof that Square Enix is D O O M E D

37. sinonobu

sinonobu

So PS5 is going to last longer than PS3?

38. LordOcidax

LordOcidax

Lol... This has to be a joke... Mid gen PS5...

39. Kyoufu

Kyoufu

did you guys know

that there are multiple personnel for many roles

40. SOLDIER

SOLDIER

Never seen a fanbase so dedicated to being so ignorant.

41. signal

signal

Should I apply. I know FF7 inside and out!

42. Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD

43. Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD

But does that change the fact that they are still in the planning phase?
    But they are still at planning levels, or they wouldn't need another level planner. Most likely not at the start of it but it still doesn't bode too well.

44. That year of dreams keeps giving and giving and giving. What year was that or am I dreaming still?

45. Lime

Lime

Imagine what all this money posted into this project and other Square Enix mismanaged games could have done to for example remastering all their classics, put their legacy titles on all devices, or potential outsourcing to more competent developers.

46. Slaythe

Slaythe

No no.

They're able to scrap projects and restart them from scratch 3 times faster than before.

47. JuanLatino

JuanLatino

are you guys serious?....this has to be trolling at this point

48. Aters

Aters

No? Level design is something you do when you are actively in development. You don't "plan" out all the levels in advance and then implement them.

49. Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD

Could you explain it to me then? Searching for a level planner doesn't mean they just started, but it means they are still at the planning phase no?
    So you don't plan ahead? Seems strange.

50. signal

signal

"Imagine what all this money posted into this project, a remaster of a square enix classic, could have done to remaster Square Enix classics."

Thought provoking posts in this thread.