• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
https://tenshoku.mynavi.jp/jobinfo-202903-2-21-2/

Google translated excerpt from listing:
"【Progress of current project】
FF VII REMAKE has all functions and contents implemented We are constantly examining the program within the development team, but while it is satisfying to say that we reproduce the original with high quality graphics, it is already one step higher than the quality that can meet the expectations of fans We have reached the conclusion that we should aim for. "

At least it's something? I have no idea how game development works so I don't know how far on in the project something like this would show up, but the "all functions and contents implemented" part is positive.......right?

If anyone wants to take a proper crack at translating the page, it would be much appreciated.

MOD EDIT:
Translation by Gematsu.
A job listing seeking a level planner to work on Final Fantasy VII Remake has provided an update on the game's development progress.

The "project's current progress" section of the listing states:

We are examining programs that implement general functions and contents for Final Fantasy VII Remake as necessary on the development team, and while we are reaching a satisfactory level in terms of reproducing the original title in high-quality graphics, we have come to the conclusion that we should aim for even higher quality in order to meet the expectations of fans.
That said, we will tackle the production of this big title by establishing core members of various positons such as level planner, battle planner, designer, engineer, etc. including existing members of the development team. Interested applicants are expected to work as a core member.​

Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for PlayStation 4.
https://gematsu.com/2018/03/final-f...anner-job-listing-provides-development-update

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Maybe it's for Episode 2 and beyond? Like they want to start getting the concepts and prototypes ready so that it doesn't take so long to make subsequent episodes of VII-R.

Hopefully.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
I think we should probably get a proper translation since the description seems to be where a lot of the important details are.

Contranova

Oct 26, 2017
NYC
Just out of perspective, Final Fantasy 15's Level Planning team had about 30 people.

It could be as simple as they're hiring more or some people got moved around/left.
People need to stop reading into this more than they should...

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
S-E is going to S-E.

Everything takes 10 times longer with them compared to other devs.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
Just out of perspective, Final Fantasy 15's Level Planning team had about 30 people.

It could be as simple as they're hiring more or some people got moved around/left. People need to stop reading into this more than they should.

Yeah, games hire for positions like this constantly through development. I'm pretty sure I remember Naughty Dog were hiring for Uncharted 4 well into 2015.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Any development info about this game will result in apocalyptic responses.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S STILL IN DEVELOPMENT?? THEY'RE STILL MAKING STUFF? VAPORWARE"

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

It could be as simple as they're hiring more or some people got moved around/left.
But muh hot takes and fear/uncertainty & doubt

Seriously though, there's plenty of reason to believe this game might take a long ass time, but this isn't one of them.

pqvqs

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Maybe it's for Episode 2 and beyond? Like they want to start getting the concepts and prototypes ready so that it doesn't take so long to make subsequent episodes of VII-R.

Hopefully.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Let's just jump into the vaporware train with everyone else. It's a SE game, it'll surely take 10 years to release and will release on an incomplete state /s

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was Square Enix developing HD games much faster all a lie?!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to assume that this is either so the team can better prepare for future episodes, or that someone left and this is to fill their shoes.

Please don't be Versus all over again.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how some of the levels will translate like walking through the old coral mine track or climbing up the falling pipes/wires to Shinra tower, or the part when following Aeris to the bottom and dropping a barrels down at the right momentum.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how people can extract so much information from this simple hiring message. All the studios hire people in the middle of developing. A modern game takes hundreds of people to make.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand why SE didn't just give this game a massive face lift and call it a day instead of completely redesigning every aspect of the game. No matter what they do no way they'll make everyone happy, hell we've seen the debate about changing the combat from the original to something like FFXV (which now that we've played FFXV is exceptionally worrying) it just seems completely unnecessary when what I think most fans wanted was just a big graphical update, some quality of life features, and maybe a bit of new content. Instead SE is doing what SE does and is making everything much more complicated then it needed to be. Frankly at this point I'm glad they are doing this with FFVII and not FFVI, I'd hate to see the bullshit mess VI would be in the hands of the current SE which doesn't even fucking understand Kefka isn't just an insane clown.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, was Square posting job listings to Versus in 2010-2011?

This is giving me flashbacks

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They mentioned FF7 has shipped 11.1 million worldwide.

They want people with HD development and level deign experience, and they prefer people who are familiar with UE4. Full time employment.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
ITT: A lot of people who don't understand game development.

Guys, they didn't just start "level planning." Jesus Christ. Relax.

Every single game hires and straps in every single staff member at the beginning of development. Nobody ever leaves and at no point do certain areas ever call for extra manpower.

EVER.

Now let me tell you how a single excerpt of a Google Translated webpage is proof that Square Enix is D O O M E D

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
did you guys know

that there are multiple personnel for many roles
Never seen a fanbase so dedicated to being so ignorant.
But does that change the fact that they are still in the planning phase?
ITT: A lot of people who don't understand game development.

Guys, they didn't just start "level planning." Jesus Christ. Relax.
But they are still at planning levels, or they wouldn't need another level planner. Most likely not at the start of it but it still doesn't bode too well.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
That year of dreams keeps giving and giving and giving. What year was that or am I dreaming still?

Lime

Banned for use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine what all this money posted into this project and other Square Enix mismanaged games could have done to for example remastering all their classics, put their legacy titles on all devices, or potential outsourcing to more competent developers.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine what all this money posted into this project and other Square Enix mismanaged games could have done to for example remastering all their classics, put their legacy titles on all devices, or potential outsourcing to more competent developers.
"Imagine what all this money posted into this project, a remaster of a square enix classic, could have done to remaster Square Enix classics."

Thought provoking posts in this thread.