• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
A sequel to nier by platinum selling well and being regarded as one of best games of the generation is still insane.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Well done on Nier, hopefully the sequel on PC isn't a jank fest (yes I know about FAR). One of my favorite games of the generation

Did they say anything about FFXV sales? Or is it quiet on that lol?

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There's no way Left Alive's performance shocked out surprised anyone, come on now.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

This is 10000% fine with me as a person who only cares about the Marvel games from Square
Give me that next-gen showpiece baby!

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Woah. I thought Nier was some niche title that only enthusiasts on this forum would buy. 4M worldwide blew my exepcations away. I had this game pegged as like a Bayonetta type sales of game, barely breaking a million.

This is fantastic to hear. My man Yoko Taro gonna eat.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Pay Taro a ton for his success, but never give his games more budget, please.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
L2bHidL.gif

Glad for those 4M copies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over how crazy successful Nier was and how there has not even been one patch to fix the PC versions issues.
Fans basically had to fix it themselves.
Really riles me up.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Great sales for Nier!!

I want to see a new Valkyrie Profile game for consoles, I hope that is at least being considered...

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Jesus the PS4 could have TLOU2 this fall and FF7R Q1 next year. That's an insane end to the gen.

Nier selling 4m is fantastic and honestly why wouldn't it sell 5m+. Nier 2 will be big.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
I was really hoping the Avengers game would come out relatively near an Avengers movie. Unless Marvel has a new avengers movie planned soon.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I feel like with time, I am liking NieR a lot less.

Its story is more about ideas & twists than actual great traditional story telling(the focus on 9S was quite tiresome). Gameplay wise there eas a lot of padding and forced bad minigames(hacking,shmup,sidescrolling)

Its heavily flawed & nothing I can see myself returning too.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I feel like with time, I am liking NieR a lot less.

Its story is more about ideas & twists than actual great traditional story telling(the focus on 9S was quite tiresome). Gameplay wise there eas a lot of padding and forced bad minigames(hacking,shmup,sidescrolling)

Its heavily flawed & nothing I can see myself returning too.

??? Nier has a very conventional story. It's a conventional story in service of a lot of ideas and concepts, but it's not just a list of twists.

And the side scrolling nor shmups are bad.(I'll give you the hacking) You can dislike those genres, but they're not badly made.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
If you told me 5 years ago that NieR was getting a sequel that would sell 4 million I would have laughed in your face.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any word on The World Ends With You Final Remix?

I need that sequel.

Oct 31, 2017
I would love that, but then saying that the title would release at the end of the FY and thus not maximize sales figures seems more indicative of 2020.

Second half of this FY basically means October 2019 - March 2020 so both are possible. 7R has the hips to be a late 2019 release but they can also go the KH3 route, we'll see.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
upcoming Square games and likely coming new titles of existing IP:
KH3 DLC
FFXIV Expansions
Life is Strange 2 Episodes
Battalion 1944
FF7R
new FPS title by People Can Fly (Bulletstorm Devs)
Avengers
Babylon's Fall
Oninaki
Crystal Chronicles Remastered
Romancing Saga 3 Remaster
Octopath PC
DQXI Switch
Yuji Naka (sonic creator) title
Luminous new IP
Project Prelude Rune*
I imagine a new Just Cause, Tomb Raider, and NieR are coming.
Octopath team is working on something I'm sure.
FFXVI for next gen, feel like they wont talk about this until after the first part of FF7R comes out.

Anything else I'm missing? outside of ports it feels like their bigger titles are still a bit off.
I've always felt Avengers would be a next gen title. Should hopefully be some more niche and port announcements.
put FFVI on Switch you cowards or give the octopath team the ok to remaster it in HD2D.

*recently canceled

EDIT: Updated list V3.

Last edited:

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Not surprised about Left Alive. I weirdly liked it by the end, but it was janky as fuck. Congrats to Nier Automata though.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yay, NieR is amazing, go buy it.

Glad XIV and OT did good, I'm sure releasing it on PC will drive more sales.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
upcoming Square games and likely coming new titles of existing IP:
KH3 DLC
FF7R
new FPS title
Avengers
Babylon's Fall
Oninaki
Crystal Chronicles Remastered
Octopath PC
DQXI Switch
I imagine a new Just Cause, Tomb Raider, and NieR are coming.
Octopath team is working on something I'm sure.
FFXVI for next gen, feel like they wont talk about this until after the first part of FF7R comes out.

Anything else I'm missing? outside of ports it feels like their bigger titles are still a bit off.
I've always felt Avengers would be a next gen title. Should hopefully be some more niche and port announcements.
put FFVI on Switch you cowards or give the octopath team the ok to remaster it in HD2D.
Next XIV expansion.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Second half of this FY basically means October 2019 - March 2020 so both are possible. 7R has the hips to be a late 2019 release but they can also go the KH3 route, we'll see.
But like I said, one of the translations I read said they didn't expect the sales to be maximized in FY2019 due to how late in he FY it was releasing. October/November should be plenty of time if that were when it releases since that would give them half a year plus before the end of FY.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Quiet Man 2 announcement when...?

Will Square close out their E3 show with its reveal trailer?

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ate there any big games from square conu g out the rest of the year. Seems like only FF7rR is left announced, not released