• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ah, my most memorable/emotional/thought provoking game this gen is at 4mil đź‘Ź

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Can we get a remaster of the original Nier, with a PC version this time?

Recently bought Automata, but I'd love to play the original first.

Oct 31, 2017
But like I said, one of the translations I read said they didn't expect the sales to be maximized in FY2019 due to how late in he FY it was releasing. October/November should be plenty of time if that were when it releases since that would give them half a year plus before the end of FY.

What translation are you talking about ?

Oct 27, 2017
I would really like to read the receipts on Left Alive for specific sales figures. It has to have been one of the most crushing bombs of this generation, despite that it was already well under the radar before releasing. And it was one of my most anticipated games of the year too : (

Could it have sold less than 100k globally?

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
NieR: Automata is still game of the generation. Absolutely delighted it has sold so well. I wonder if Taro's new game would be near a reveal yet?

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Nier at 4m?! You could tell that game was made on a shoestring budget. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out it's Swuare Enix' most profitable game in a decade! The return on investment on that game must be out of this world.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit Nier at 4m?! You could tell that game was made on a shoestring budget. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out it's Swuare Enix' most profitable game in a decade! The return on investment on that game must be out of this world.
Hopefully Platinum got paid well as well, they do wonders with tight budgets.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Oooooo, this confirms FF7R soooooon. Probably early next year but really hoping Holiday this year.

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
If it means anything, I played Left Alive for 15 minutes at PAX East because I was bored and I still had no idea what the hell I was playing. I could have asked someone, I could have looked up at the giant sign that really wanted you to know some talented artists worked on the box art, but I simply didn't care. All I doing was thinking, "Wow, this plays like a poorly funded Capcom game for the Xbox 360. Like, they started making Lost Planet but stopped caring halfway through."

Locust Star

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
of the upcoming titles hinted at coming out this fiscal year, are there any of them that's already announced? FF7R is one likely candidate, but are there other upcoming Square Enix titles the rest of this fiscal year that we know about?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Nier's sales are pretty insane considering how much any reasonable person would've expected it to sell before it came out.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What translation are you talking about ?
This quote in particular.

If it released in October/November, half a year or more would seem like plenty of time to see a substantial contribution of revenue. The wording makes it seem as if they are instead downplaying this contribution, which seems more indicative of only a couple of months or so of contribution to this FY.

Oct 31, 2017
This quote in particular.

If it released in October/November, half a year or more would seem like plenty of time to see a substantial contribution of revenue. The wording makes it seem as if they are instead downplaying this contribution, which seems more indicative of only a couple of months or so of contribution to this FY.

If that translation is legit, I think you're right.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
upcoming Square games and likely coming new titles of existing IP:
KH3 DLC
FFXIV Expansions
Life is Strange 2 Episodes
Battalion 1944
FF7R
new FPS title by People Can Fly (Bulletstorm Devs)
Avengers
Babylon's Fall
Oninaki
Crystal Chronicles Remastered
Romancing Saga 3 Remaster
Octopath PC
DQXI Switch
Yuji Naka (sonic creator) title
Luminous new IP
Project Prelude Rune*
I imagine a new Just Cause, Tomb Raider, and NieR are coming.
Octopath team is working on something I'm sure.
FFXVI for next gen, feel like they wont talk about this until after the first part of FF7R comes out.

Anything else I'm missing? outside of ports it feels like their bigger titles are still a bit off.
I've always felt Avengers would be a next gen title. Should hopefully be some more niche and port announcements.
put FFVI on Switch you cowards or give the octopath team the ok to remaster it in HD2D.

*recently canceled

EDIT: Updated list V3.
So Yuji Naka gets to lead his own team again? Interesting.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck did they expect with Left Alive? They learned fucking nothing from Front Mission Evolved.

Armored Core and Front Mission devs teaming up with Metal Gear Solids lead artist is a cool pitch (kind of like how Nier leads and Platinum was a cool pitch) I can see why they greenlit it, it's just one of those games that didn't work out.