• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JorRaptor

Feb 19, 2018
'-On titles releasing this fiscal term: Info will not only be revealed during E3, but during this month as well. ' - Avengers? Come one

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooof, at Left Alive. I'm not terribly surprised, given everything I heard about it, but... Man...

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saying Octopath is meeting expectations seems surprisingly neutral. Figured they would have been happier considering its pretty likely to top 2 million sales.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
4m for NieR is wild. You'd be laughed out of the room a couple years ago if you suggested a Yoko Taro game would be so well-received both critically and commercially.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
-As for games releasing during this fiscal term: Due to releasing during the second half of the fiscal year, the full-scale contribution to revenue increase will not be seen until the next fiscal term/year.

So is this talking about FF7R or are they going to announce another title this month?
Since FF7R was announced before this Q&A I guess it's something else?

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Nier Automata at 4 mil wow. Never thought it would keep selling this well so long after its release.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Make an SRPG you cowards!
giphy.gif

They announced a Gumi developed, Brave Exvius SRPG late last year. It'll likely be mobile because that's what Gumi does, but their SRPGs on the platform are actually pretty high quality. The art is also somewhat FFT-ish, and they even called it 'War of the Visions'. Here's the trailer:

A FFT, Front Mission or Ogre Battle SRPG for consoles would fucking drive me nuts though.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
FF7R part 1 very likely releasing 2020 Q1 I guess? So soon after KH3? Nomura getting work done it seems.

Ggs to NieR: Automata. Game has got legs it seems. Xbox release must have helped too. Can't wait to see what Taro does next.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Seems we will not know their long-term plans. I think it's a good thing because it means they don't want to announce games years before the release.

Mjolnir

Alt account
Banned
May 2, 2019
Do they mention anything about their mobile sales? Especially their premium mobile titles and their sales?

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL

Seems we will not know their long-term plans. I think it's a good thing because it means they don't want to announce games years before the release.

Yes, we will only know about games releasing during this fiscal year.

Do they mention anything about their mobile sales? Especially their premium mobile titles and their sales?

Unfortunately, no. All we know is that online titles, including subscription based games are doing well and that we "may" get more info on the Tencent partnership soon.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost time for another Yoko Taro game. Maybe an E3 2020 announcement for a 2021 release.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I hope they release Romancing Saga out West. Don't want to import it, but may have to in the end

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yep this pretty much confirm that FFVII out by March 2020. Personally I think they will give a November release date and then it will get delayed into early next year.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Seeing a fucking Nier game this close to Dragon Quest is still completely unreal to me.

DQ has never been a greater than 5 million seller internationally, save DQVIII. I'd say once they release the Switch version my guess is that could sell maybe 2-4 million additional units, since alot of consumers held out for the DQXIS. Still glad NIER did well, now we have another SE franchise that will have some sequels.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I live in a world where a Nier received a sequel. I also live in a world where Nier's sequel is one of the best games of all time and managed to sell over 4 million units.

What a time to be alive.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Brilliant numbers for SE and Taro. Feel free to do the same with Drakengard 4.

Left Alive was another of their bargain bin classics. Might buy a copy for my wobbly work desk.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Wow that's crazy for Nier. Still haven't bought it myself, maybe I should abandon my quest of beating the original first lol. I just keep getting distracted by other stuff.

And good to know FF14 is healthy and that the subscriber base is growing.