• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will we see a HD port of Crisis Core at some point?

• Yes

Votes: 154 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 107 41.0%

• Total voters

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Just something that stood out to me after seeing it on my feed. Could just be a random celebration, but usually PR accounts such as this kind of stay away from such things unless it's a major milestone. There was also talk about why the Square Enix account has an HD Image but i'd imagine they just stole that from Google. Regardless the timing seems pretty interesting with TGS around the corner and it would probably benefit Square to keep offering more "FF7" content to hold thing over until the next part. After the ending of FF7R, now would be the time to sell Crisis Core after-all.....

c36a3a5d-768c-4833-916e-bbbd4b97cd47-final-fantasy-vii-remake-chuyen-gi-da-xay-ra-o-cuoi-game-chuyen-de-game-2.jpg

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I assume it might just get a remake in itself or something, maybe further down the line.

Maybe expand the game with the cut content planned for the game.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind a remake, because there is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much nonsense to improve. A port of some kind would leave a lot of folks with nostalgia goggles super disappointed, because that game has held up poorly.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
There's no reason this would be hinting at a port. Social Media accounts celebrate anniversaries all the time.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The side quests were horrendous and the story was pretty bad too. Combat was basic etc. Everyone just liked it because it was high budget back in the day and had a nice ending. It will be received poorly if they make a straight up, unchanged port.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I'd love to see it but isn't Gackt going to be a problem here? Main reason why I don't see it happening

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope not. One of the worst games SE has ever made and should be shelved for the rest of SE's existance.

I'm already sad they are even addressing it on twitter and people are actually requesting a remake.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I think they just got a more active community manager or social media poster. Whatever the job title is

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Crisis Core is a mostly bad game, so it could use a remake with some nontrivial changes. That said, after FF7R, it doesn't really matter anymore I guess.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
it's not as random as it sounds, it's just that it's now more relevant than ever thanks to the FF VII Remake, wouldn't get my hopes up for it tbh

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Just seems like a generic anniversary post. Gackt probably kills any chance of a rerelease.

I really enjoyed it but I recognize it ain't perfect.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Obviously the full FFVII Remake is going to include Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus. It's the whole package, this will come out at the end as a sort of epilogue prequel.

/s... Unless....

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be nice but I don't think this is indicative of anything. I think Square has just gotten a bit better at celebrating anniversaries and milestones over the last year or two.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Yes please

One of my most favorite PSP games.

I want to see a remaster for it.

Honestly...would rather see it being announced at the Playstation show than FFXVI lol.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Was curious and looked at specifically the times CC has been mentioned posted

Square Enix has two tweets for Crisis Core - One in 2017 for a figure and this most recent one
FFVIIR account is new so this is their only one
The regular Final Fantasy account has never talked about it.

It might indeed be just because of FF7R, but you never know....

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I imagine they'll incorporate some the crisis core lore into the remake games, probably redesign for Genesis so it didnt use Gackt likeness
That as well, but I meant more like this:

The game was originally meant to have more scenes depicting Zack and Cloud's flight to Midgar, so as to expand on their friendship and unrealized plans, but these scenes were removed due to UMD limitations, and so the staff focused more on Zack's background as a formidable warrior.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Was curious and looked at specifically the times CC has been mentioned posted

Square Enix has two tweets for Crisis Core - One in 2017 for a figure and this most recent one
FFVIIR account is new so this is their only one
The regular Final Fantasy account has never talked about it.

It might indeed be just because of FF7R, but you never know....
I really, really, really, really want a remake or something to be a thing. Crisis Core is ace.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Would love this. It's the only PSP game I wanna play so it's not worth buying one but would definitely get a port. Put it on Switch!

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
A remake with FF7R quality would be good. Consider it as a small release while fans are waiting for Part 2.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I don't think this implies a remaster or anything of the sort.

That said, we'll have to see how relevant Crisis Core ends up being to the direction Remake wants to go. We've already had confirmation that the events of Crisis Core remain canon to Remake, even the stuff it changes from the original, so it's not entirely off the table.

Edit2: Ignore previous edit I looked this bit up and I was wrong

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this earlier today and thought the same as you, OP. I'd count on a port/remake of it for PS4 or PS5.

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes... that seminal 13 year milestone.

Yeah it's so fucking random 😂

But then again, after FF7 remake ending, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a port of it.

I actually expect that FF7 remake is a continuation of the original story where we see an alternate loop and Sepiroth is aware of that

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
This game's story is super wack, but it's got a truly excellent soundtrack, a lovable main character, fun combat, and some really neat world building and character stuff. I like Aerith's thing with Zack, and Cloud's history with him too.

There are a couple of nice subtle references to this game in Final Fantasy VII Remake. And one somewhat bigger one, sort of.

We've definitely gotta have an HD remaster at some point. Hopefully a full console remake with some of the weirder stuff retconned. Any time in the next few years would be a good release window for an updated version.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cool about a HD remaster, it's not a bad game. I really dislike the story though, and hope the new characters are never integrated in the remake series. I'd rather have it vaguely non-canon.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
A remaster would be nice but the story has too many issues that couldn't be fixed without significant rewrites. So many clones, clones, clones (play the game to see what I mean)! Plus, it really bugged me
how 4 years are supposed to pass after the Nibelheim incident but nothing really acknowledges it. It's like the whole Gensis storyline conviently paused just for him lol After that event, there is only a few emails from old colleagues wondering where you were and you can go right back to doing Shinra side quests, despite BEING ON THE RUN FROM SHINRA

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Zack also falling through the church roof is possibly the dumbest thing in FFVII franchise. Will never not hate CC just for that. Though this was cool

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
The game is very much designed around handheld play. I guess a Switch version would work fine.