• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising to see that this was a bug/mistake. I dont know why so many took this as being an intentional decision. Didnt it occur that it could be a mistake?

Have they explained what the patch was supposed to be for? Because they are planning to release it again from what I read.
From what i know, they just said that it would fix minor bugs.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Stupid bug, worth of ridicule. But the blow ups in this thread were hilarious in retrospect. That said, they got the job done!
You know what? This bug has been persist since March 7th. People have reported this issue in the Steam forums and the news page, but it didn't reach SE. With this thread, the issue has finally surfaced and lots of outlets reported it, which finally reached SE.

Let's not ridicule consumers complaining about their game not working as intended and voicing their rights.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what? This bug has been persist since March 7th. People have reported this issue in the Steam forums and the news page, but it didn't reach SE. With this thread, the issue has finally surfaced and lots of outlets reported it, which finally reached SE.

Let's not ridicule consumers complaining and voicing their rights.
It's more the manner than the complaints themselves i was laughing at. I even brought up the fact that they got the job done themselves, myself. Although let's not pretend that era had anything to do with it

Shinjica

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Let's not ridicule consumers complaining about their game not working as intended and voicing their rights.

Sadly, you answered an user who only see a tree and not the forest behind it.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It's more the manner than the complaints themselves i was laughing at. I even brought up the fact that they got the job done themselves, myself. Although let's not pretend that era had anything to do with it
What manner? Toward SE, who has consistently didn't give a damn about supporting their games? Why should we respect them if they don't respect us?

Also, the fact is that there are several outlets reporting this issue after this thread was made, not before. And shortly after that, SE responded.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Good that the always online problem has been taken care of. But what about the mods not working anymore? Since SE plans to release a new version of that update later on, will it still screw over the modders?

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Thread title is need of an update. The game has been reverted to 1.0.0, with a different patch 1.0.1 in development. The online-only thing was now pretty clearly a bug, as Square made it a point to address that particular bit in their news update.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New thread title suggestion?

Square Enix breaks offline play for Final Fantasy X/X-2 on PC [update: Rolled back, blames Steam]

Edit: Self-reported myself.

Oct 27, 2017
A bug eh?
FaroffCoarseBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

Whatever, good thing they rolled it back.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised it was an error and said as much before, but I am surprised they are actually following up on it given their abysmal track record for patches.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Not surprised it was an error and said as much before, but I am surprised they are actually following up on it given their abysmal track record for patches.
They have been getting better at it overall, at least. Compare, e.g., the treatment Final Fantasy V/VI PC (2015) got vs. Chrono Trigger PC (2018): both were ports of their crappy mobile version, with numerous flaws like bad fonts/UI and visible seams between tiles. Chrono received a series of big patches to fix those issues, whereas FF5/6 were virtually abandoned on release. Generally it seems like they're at least dedicated to making sure their PC ports are more than afterthoughts now, even though there are some recent exceptions (i.e., Nier Automata's lack of patches).

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Just saw that this got rolled back (didn't see the bumps to this thread, found about it on Reddit actually)
I think the ResetEra New Thread tweet for this thread reaching the top of a few subreddits + the review bombing got them to pay attention after ignoring Steam comments for weeks.

Mission accomplished, Era. Let's hope they can put out a bug-free patch when they re-release it.