• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Masashi Hamauzu (FFX, Dirge of Cerberus, FFXIII trilogy, World of FF)
  • Mitsuto Suzuki (FFXIII-2, Lightning Returns, Mobius FF)
  • Yoshitaka Suzuki (FFXV's Wanderlust, Hellfire, etc., KHIII)
  • Shotaro Shima (FF Record Keeper, KHIII)
  • Yoshinori Nakamura (FF Record Keeper, KHIII)
and Nobuo Uematsu as the composer of the theme song, "Hollow".

Source: https://www.ffworld.com/2020/01/31/...nce-de-la-chanson-theme-signee-nobuo-uematsu/

Play on Tifa's piano if old

EDIT:
Why did I think Uematsu was confirmed years ago to be returning? Weird.
This is a remake so most of the work will be arranging rather than composing, and Uematsu is not an arranger. Plus he is currently recovering from a sickness.

I always knew he would be doing the vocal theme song though. Modern FF games ALL have a vocal theme song. At least it's not performed by Gackt.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hamauzu. Ew.

The rest are fine, I guess. Especially if they're just rearranging Uematsu's work.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
20LZHXLA5WX6feKX4MU68B0_SFB1KtUdzWv5_OhUTVk.png

(except Shimomura, maybe next time)

(Soken would be cool too)

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
?????????????????????????????????

I thought era agreed that the music is one of the redeeming parts of the XIII trilogy....

If you like falling asleep I guess. The only good part of the XIII trilogy is the Followers of Chaos leitmotif/Caius' Theme.

And I mean the only good part.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
Great list! I love Hamauzu's and Mitsuto Suzuki's work on the FF13 trilogy. This is gonna be awesome!

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you like falling asleep I guess. The only good part of the XIII trilogy is the Followers of Chaos leitmotif/Caius' Theme.

And I mean the only good part.

Blinding by Light is one of the best battle themes of the series.

I don't like a lot of the music of XIII (more like forgetable) but it has some really standouts.

If something FF don't lack is quality composers, even without Uematsu on the list that's a great lineup

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Blinding by Light is one of the best battle themes of the series.

I don't like a lot of the music of XIII (more like forgetable) but it has some really standouts.

I find Blinded By Light a literal snoozefest. I'm not exaggerating or trolling, it's just achingly boring to me. The melody just fades into the background for me, which is a general flaw I find with most Hamauzu pieces aside from Caius' Theme. Uematsu, while he's certainly had his weak scores (Blue Dragon), always makes melodies I remember for his main battle themes. Soken is fantastic. Shimomura (especially when she's firing on all cylinders) is great.

By comparison, Hamauzu has never lead-composed a soundtrack I find truly exemplary.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I find Blinded By Light a literal snoozefest. I'm not exaggerating or trolling, it's just achingly boring to me. The melody just fades into the background for me, which is a general flaw I find with most Hamauzu pieces aside from Caius' Theme. Uematsu, while he's certainly had his weak scores (Blue Dragon), always makes melodies I remember for his main battle themes. Soken is fantastic. Shimomura (especially when she's firing on all cylinders) is great.

By comparison, Hamauzu has never lead-composed a soundtrack I find truly exemplary.

I couldn't disagree more.

Opinions and all that...

Deleted member 39353

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Hamauzu ew? What the actually fuck are you guys smoking? Hamauzu is a fucking beast. Cannot wait to hear This soundtrack!

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Opinions and all, but Unlimited Saga OST is really great IMO.

You might not like his style of music, but I think the dude is a quality composer.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Nice lineup.

In addition to the base game, Nakamura was also one of the arrangers for the new music in the KH3 DLC, so he's A-OK with me.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Cool re: the first two. Huge bummer Uematsu is just the theme song (and obviously the original compositions).

The KH3 soundtrack was a big disappointment to me outside of the few Shimomura tracks (I think the OSTs for the series as a whole have gotten way worse as more composers have been added on), so not big on the last three.

This is outside of basically all the Remake music we've heard being awesome.

Oct 31, 2017
All the people that were saying "omg this is AMAZING I LOVE YOU UEMATSU šŸ˜" to this game's music are now gonna be like "ugh FF is gutter trash without Uematsu"

Oct 31, 2017
Anyways, for XII, XIII, and XV, I think the soundtracks were all wonderful in their own way.

With XII though, I felt like Sakimoto may have had a limited budget to work with, because stuff like the opening and ending themes are head and shoulders above most other rather simplistic tracks in the game

The series doesn't need Uematsu.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yoshitaka Suzuki (FFXV's Wanderlust, Hellfire, etc., KHIII)

The composer of one of the best tracks in gaming history is here. Hellfire is so well done.