• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
They somehow topped live action Gromit as the best realistic redesign of a highly stylized character.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
They were basically impossible to replicate in this new art style. Instead they should've embraced the otherworldliness of the summons and gave them completely different art styles

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Vastly prefer the FFXIV Carbuncle design.

If we're talking about FF's brand of realism, hell, not a damn thing was wrong with 15's either

final_fantasy_15_carbuncle2.png_618x0_.png

Hopefully it looks better in-game (honestly what I imagine the case to be) (...I hope)

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
FFXV carbuncle should be the standard. it's adorable.

This one is a travesty.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
*Looks at Chocobo Chick* ... so ... did Cloud have some private time with a Chocobo sometime?

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I dont understand the design of Moogle, Carbuncle... the little chocobo is still decent in some way, but these two are incredibly ugly... :|

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Chocobo is cute as heck, but Carbuncle is a bit bland.

...But if you hate this but somehow were one of those people who stan the World of Final Fantasy designs, you don't deserve to post on the internet anymore.

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Don't understand what the fuzz all about. They look okay. I'm pretty sure they'll look great ingame.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
The chocobo and carbunkle are horrible.
Looks like a knock off plushie you find at the fair or at the market. The proportions are so bad... Also the moogle is atrocious, he has a weird line in the forehead and looks like somebody in a (bad) costume.

Appently all the money went to the characters redesign, and those were outsourced to fiverr.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I feel like the realistic take on an anime style is falling into the uncanny valley for me.

XV handled it better by making the creatures look more like real animals, and I think these designs would look better without the realistic textures/materials.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like them, especially when seeing the Chocobo/Mog summon within the actual game itself

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OP's of threads are so often banned these days.

In any case, the foreheads are a little big lol.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
I really like the Choco Mog. That Choco Chick and Carbuncle though... christ. Giant foreheads? Not a great look. Hopefully they'll look less terrifying in motion.

Can someone PLEASE photoshop the Chocochick hair on to Goku? Thanks in advance.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
You guys are all tripping, they both look cute and different. Better designs there have been, sure, but I like these little doofs. I also loved the cactoids, they also had doof energy.

Having said this...