• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
56AtjQL.jpg

TYO-9684.jpg

Opposite happens when remake was announced

file_11207_STocks.png

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Is this even indicative of anything? Stocks fluctuate constantly, and I don't see how the reveal of the next installment in one of the biggest franchises ever could make them drop, of all things.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
A sizable drop. But, nothing it can't bounce back from. Eh. The stock market is such a reaction driven thing.

(Hot take: How is the stock market different from gambling, except you're at the poker table instead of the slot machine - and half the opponents are bots?)

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So what is the issue with FF16? I've seen the metrics are pretty low as well (DMC5:SE beat it in some cases).

Is it not what people wanted? Was it overshadowed by PS5 price? I thought it looked rad. This is regardless of stock.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I don't think the content (or visuals) of the presentation was in any way impressive but I'm still excited about a new mainline Final Fantasy game happening. It will likely be a big & crammed epic.

I think this has more to do with Avengers performance than anything.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at their stock recently, it's been on a bit of a rise so this seems like the usual kind of dip you get. FF7R is a very different reveal compared to 16 since that's the return of one of their biggest games.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I guess 16 is the worst FF game ever and will kill SE for good

You people seriously need to get a life

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
So what is the issue with FF16? I've seen the metrics are pretty low as well (DMC5:SE beat it in some cases).

Is it not what people wanted? Was it overshadowed by PS5 price? I thought it looked rad. This is regardless of stock.
Trailer wasn't really hype like XV or 7R trailers. Maybe nomura just makes better trailers? Idk

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Guys, even in the OP's picture we can see the stock is higher than yesterday. It was rising before dipping a little during day and it happens all the time. There's literally nothing to see here

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Okay? Maybe take some time to understand the information you're posting before you post it, OP. There's nothing to discuss here.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Less than 2% dip on a day the entire Nikkei was down around 1%
What the fuck is this thread even for? That's bordering on statistical noise, my dude.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
This is actually nothing. Stocks go up and down everyday. Correlating that with real world events is for TV news bullshitters.

Plum

May 31, 2018

As someone who isn't a 'big fan' of Final Fantasy (most of the franchise's glory days were before my time), for me it's mainly down to how, I don't know, 'uninspired' it seems to be; couple that with the complete lack of any real humour, wit or 'fun' in the trailer and I can't really find any reason to be excited right now.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'm not sure if there is a correlation between the XVI announcement and their stock. the market is constant flux that is influenced by many factors not just a single game announcement. putting my two cents, i think the stock may have tanked a bit due to the economic uncertainty that Japan might be facing due to the election of the New Prime Minister which could be influencing the stock market but then again I'm not an expert. it's really hard to pin point what exactly is the cause for it.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

It wasnt a flashy CGI trailer to make people go "ohhhh pretty". Atleast thats my take. People clearly prefer smoke and mirrors for these announcements.

But this here looks like normal daily change on the market.

Last edited:

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Damn after the 3€ loss I guess we need to cancel the budget for Tokyo RPG Factory's next game...

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

I've seen a professional outlet completely trash the game in their post-stream because of its "horrible graphics and ugly art style", while I thought it looked fucking awesome. Yeah, it's not the best looking game in the world (mainly due to some flat lighting, the monster fight looks great), but this looked so cool. Especially the darker tone and the more western RPG vibe. I guess it's easy to bash/dislike something immediately because it doesn't look how you want it to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.