• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
From the latest update regarding congestion

na.finalfantasyxiv.com

Response to Congestion (as of Dec. 15) | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Response to Congestion (as of Dec. 15)

Suspending Delivery of Package Versions and Temporary Suspension of Digital Version Sales

Players are currently experiencing extremely long wait times due to the dense concentration of play hours which far exceed our server capacity, especially during the peak times, and so we have decided to temporarily suspend the sale and delivery of FINAL FANTASY XIV Starter Edition and Complete Edition. Additionally, although those with an active subscription are prioritized to log in, Free Trial players are unable to log in outside of late night and early morning hours, and so we will also temporarily suspend new registrations for the Free Trial.

These temporary suspensions will be phased in over the next few days as we work with our retail partners. We will be coordinating with them as swiftly as possible, but please bear in mind that this will be a gradual process.

We will also be suspending all new advertisements. However, it will not be possible to suspend some of the advertisements due to the nature of how they were set up. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Expansion packs and Collector's Edition digital upgrades will continue to be available for existing players so that they may upgrade as needed.

To those who have been invited by their friends and family who have been considering joining, as well as our retail partners, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and ask for your understanding and cooperation in order to reduce congestion. We will continue to monitor the situation as we consider the timing around resuming sales.

Also, a 1.0 bug made a special guest appearance...

Error 2002 While Waiting in Login Queues

In regards to Error 2002 that occurs during login queues, outside of causes related to unstable connections, we have confirmed a bug. This bug was part of a login-related program created back in FFXIV version 1.0, and thanks to the reports and tests carried out by many of our players, we were able to identify the cause of the problem. We apologize for not being able to identify the issue on our end and thank you all for submitting detailed reports regarding this matter.

Although the code for fixing this bug is already prepared, applying the fix will require patching the game client, which will be addressed in Patch 6.01, scheduled for Tuesday, December 21. As this issue occurs while waiting in the queue for a very long time, we considered releasing the patch ahead of schedule, but in the end decided to include it in Patch 6.01, as there is already a lot of new code in the pipeline for the patch and interrupting the process of verifying them may lead to other bugs. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience a bit longer.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
images
I posted it in the OT but...

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Probably for the best for all involved, although I think they could've still allowed it for the JP and EU peeps.

Edit: ok not the EU peeps.

Last edited:

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's insane. Good on them though, this isn't an easy decision but it's probably the right one.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I'm still slowly plodding my way through post-ARR.

Can't wait until I get to the point where I actually have to buy it

nath999

May 7, 2018
Don't think I will ever read a headline like this again. A publisher is stopping new sales because the game is too fucking good and they can't keep up with the servers.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's in the OP but also important to note that new user registration for the free trial is also suspended.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I imagine they are frustrated, but its also good advertisement for the game itself. So full they can't sell more.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
If it's still bad, I can see them not allowing free players to login next.
They already do, you're not allowed to login if there's enough paying players trying to get on.

Part of the reason for the suspensions is because current free trial players currently can't play outside of dead times for a server and they want to try alleviating that a little bit.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah I had to give up trying to play because of the queues. I don't mind waiting since they've given us subscription extensions and I've got Halo to keep me busy… but man I wish I could have enjoyed that opening week hype!

Maybe for the next expansion

Oct 25, 2017
I've been curious about how they'd handle one aspect of the game if congestion was still around, and there's an answer to my curiosity later in the same update:
■ Upcoming Patch Schedule

Due to the high levels of congestion, we are aware that there has been a lot of discussion in the community about the release of Pandæmonium: Asphodelos (Savage) in Patch 6.05, scheduled for Tuesday, January 4, 2022. Regarding this, as long as there are no major issues, we plan to release the patch as scheduled.

We understand that there are concerns about World First races and first week progression, but Patch 6.05 will add a number of new elements, such as the addition of a new Allagan tomestone, new crafting recipes, as well as the new treasure hunt dungeon, the Excitatron 6000.

Many players are looking forward to content aside from high-end duties, and furthermore, considering the balance of the rewards and item levels from said content, we cannot withhold only Pandæmonium: Asphodelos (Savage), and rebalancing these would delay the patch release by several weeks and would affect Patch 6.1 and beyond.

We regret to say this in the midst of major congestion, but as mentioned earlier, unless there are major issues, we plan to release the patch as scheduled. We ask for your understanding and cooperation regarding this matter.

All else aside this has to be one of the funniest expansion launches.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV, with an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Well, now you haven't. Come back later, we're full.

mib-men-in-black.gif

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for people who have had issues but as someone who has had a basically near flawless experience, it's almost comical. Worst I've dealt with is a 2 hour queue.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Talk about good problems to have. I still need to get back to my account and get out of the ARR ghetto and on to the good stuff.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Servers will just crash again when they let everyone buy again and they all flood in at once, lol.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That the 2002 error is from a bug related to a login program from 1.0 is absolutely amazing, lol

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
It's been an absolute dumpster fire in terms of how their servers are functioning.. I've been stuck in 2-3 hour queues since the early access started.. Let alone getting error 2002. They need to fix their shit.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Here's my genius plan to free up FF XIV's congestion: Give everyone a free copy of FF XI.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Extra sub time is certainly nice and I appreciate it, but I feel bad for new players, and really the whole situation is unfortunate (to say the least) for all players trying to log in to play (especially during the peak hours). I'd have to imagine the positive buzz for Endwalker (and the game in general) definitely piqued a lot of people's curiosity who don't play the game (or lapsed for a while), and it's unfortunate they can't just simply log in and get into the game relatively quickly.

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Compensating 21 days playtime in total.
(7+14 days).

Suspending new account creation (included free trial) and game sales.

The Pandaemonium raid still going to be released as scheduled (normal next week, savage 4th Jan)

Some cases of 2002 is a bug from 1.0 code. They'll fix it with 6.01 patch next week.