• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
AA games? We need more of these.
Left Alive, NieR:A and DQXI are greatly needed.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
This game was on of those games that flew under the radar. I seriously doubt the game made any type of gain for square enix.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So a mid-tier game then. Good. We need more of those this gen to be honest.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The same statement could be applied to Nier Automata couldn't it ? In which case I'm not worried in the slightest.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
DQ XI is pretty much AAA. I don't think that you can compare it to something like Nier Automata
It depends what lens we look at AAA through.

Is anything less than $70-$80+ million dev budget actually AAA in 2017? I'm not sure it is.

This is why I favored adding AAAA as a category, but people balked at that.

RyoonZ

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this paid off and they'll revive more title in this vein such as Aya Brea Returns and Musashiden.

Oct 27, 2017
more should take this approach, many AAA titles end up trying to do too much and fail. And because of their bloated budget they end up having to add microtransactions

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That's interesting. The pitch sounds like there will be an heavy re-use of environments anyway.
Anyway, really looking forward to this game.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Stupid. Blow up the budget and pass off the increased costs to the consumers. Every game needs to do this. It's the only way. There's no other alternatives than jacking up prices and anticonsumer gatcha white whale schemes.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Perfect answer. There have been some tremendous successes in the mid-tier or AA budget range recently (Persona 5, Nier Automata, Hellblade) and I think more of the industry should get behind this model.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Seems like they know what they are doing with this judging by these answers.
Looking forward to seeing a little more from this project because I'm definitely interested.