• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
That would be up from ¥93.8 billion ($855 million) last fiscal year, and a major milestone for the company.

It would also be approximately half their full year revenue (they're targeting 207.5 billion yen between HD Games, Mobile, and MMOs).

Q: How does your Digital Entertainment segment guidance split between HD Games, MMO, and Games for Smart Devices/PC Browsers?

A: We do not disclose the exact monetary values, so I'll describe the trends we expect. We look for sales of HD Games to rise given our plans to launch multiple major new titles. It's likely to be an average year for MMO since we have no expansion pack releases planned. We meanwhile target ¥100 billion in sales of Games for Smart Devices/PC Browsers.
Source: http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/18q4outline.pdf

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Net sales and operating income also both increased in the Games for Smart Devices/PC Browsers sub-segment, thanks not only to brisk sales in Japan and overseas of existing titles such as "FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS" and "HOSHI NO DRAGON QUEST," but also to greater royalty income. In terms of new titles, "SINoALICE" was an earnings contributor.
Good to see Brave Exvius still doing well, been playing for 2 years now, suffice to say I'm really invested into it.

Bongodaddy

Oct 27, 2017
That would be up from ¥93.8 billion ($855 million) last fiscal year, and a major milestone for the company.

It would also be approximately half their full year revenue (they're targeting 207.5 billion yen between HD Games, Mobile, and MMOs).

Source: http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/18q4outline.pdf

Eh, I don't know how significant this is when they also targeted it for last fiscal year yet just didn't reach it. It'll be interesting once they actually manage to get there and not just target it.

If there's one thing I find really interesting it's how strong their digital sales are compared to the previous year. The growth in Japan is huge and the hold in the rest of the world compared to physical sales are so strong that while there's a big decline in units sold overall, most of that loss comes from the physical side with digital overtaking physical in total units for US/EU and Asia.

Last edited: