• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
xtrend.nikkei.com

「FF7リメイク」からインド進出まで スクエニ社長インタビュー

2021年3月期通期の予想で、売上高2900億円、営業利益400億円と好調なスクウェア・エニックス。コロナ禍による企業経営のかじ取りが未知の領域に入りつつも、在宅勤務制度や開発体制の見直しなどに積極的に取り組む。アフターコロナのゲーム企業の方向性について松田洋祐社長に聞いた。

UPDATE: translation from Gematsu
Outriders, which was previously delayed, is due out on April 1, 2021, followed by NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… in April," Matsuda said. "Then there is Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, which is due out in June. As for our lineup beyond that, we'll make more announcements in the future, including at E3 in June, so please look forward to it.

Original post:
via DeepL translation:
--Are there any new titles that you are looking forward to in 2009?

Mr. Matsuda: "OUTRIDERS", the release of which was postponed, will be released on April 1, 2009, and "NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139..." will be released in April. is also scheduled to be released in April. In addition, "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE" will be released in June. The rest of the lineup will be announced in the near future, and we are also planning to make an announcement at E3 in June, so please stay tuned.

Dont ask my why is 2021 being translated to 2009, it does so on both Google tranlsation and DeepL, if someone can properly translate this later I will update the post.

There being announcements of upcoming lineup soon was to be expected, but I believe this is the first confirmation of an E3 participation for them as ESA did not name them.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020
Looking forward to it! I thought they weren't showing up at E3 along with Sony? If this is wrong I apologize, if not I'm looking forward to the online presentation.

Which, imo, would be the better E3 going forward, basically a big direct of sorts.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I think they'll have a solid showing:
Babylon's Fall - Story Trailer
Tomb Raider 25th
Avengers - Black Panther Gameplay
Next Nier Project Tease
Outriders - Expansion
Forspoken - Gameplay
Endwalker - CG
XVI - Gameplay
VII R-2 Tease

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
If they do their own presentation, fingers crossed we get Keith David doing the VO again. Such a wonderful voice.

And something DQ that isn't Infinity Strash, though I doubt that'll happen :(

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
They have a "SE Presents" presentation scheduled for the summer, so that'll probably be during E3 week.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
It says "an announcement". But it being translated with deep could aso be due to translation.

Seeing that the ESA didn't name them, it looks like it will not be at their show? So perhaps at the MS Presser?

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Far as I'm concerned a meaty XVI appearance is all that's needed to make E3 this year an unambiguous success.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
We'll probably be 16 here. Yoshida said they had more to show this year.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
One of the remaining 2 KH projects to be revealed, I'm gonna guess.

I wonder if GOTG/Other Marvel Game is in any state to be shown yet.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well... The original Nier WAS first announced at E3 2009. No idea why it's mixing up 2021 and 2009 lmao.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
One of the remaining 2 KH projects to be revealed, I'm gonna guess.

I wonder if GOTG/Other Marvel Game is in any state to be shown yet.
There's suppose to be no new KH game news until next year. But they announced ports so 🤷🏼‍♂️

Just give me more FFXVI, Forespoken, and NEO please.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I think they'll have a solid showing:
Babylon's Fall - Story Trailer
Tomb Raider 25th
Avengers - Black Panther Gameplay
Next Nier Project Tease
Outriders - Expansion
Forspoken - Gameplay
Endwalker - CG
XVI - Gameplay
VII R-2 Tease
There's also NeoTWEWY, Project Triangle Strategy, DQ Dai Infinity Strash and new SaGa and Mana games in the works.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
There's suppose to be no new KH game news until next year. But they announced ports so 🤷🏼‍♂️

Just give me more FFXVI, Forespoken, and NEO please.
Technically, they never said there won't be any new KH news until next year. Last year with release of Melody of Memory Nomura just said the new announcement stuff will be quite for a while, and please be excited for the 20th anniversary, which is next year. So people are expecting the announcement at next year's anniversary.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I know they said nothing in 2021, but I would like maybe a tease for the next KH.

Apart from that, bring on a better look at FF XVI and a release date for the end of the year.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Anything related to VII-2, XVI, Forspoken or Nier would interest me

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the entire press conference will be spent explaining Unlimited SaGa's mechanics

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I've been waiting so long for them to finally give an update on Machine Translation. My favorite of their mostly forgotten classic franchises.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
So which big publishers are missing now at e3? Are Bandai there? They would be really great to have.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Since FFXVI is the big game for Sony I expect the same arrangement they did with FFVII Remake.

Sony has the trailer early June or late May and SE will have a full reveal, collectors edition and gameplay and released date.

I don't think SE will be at E3 but will hold their event close to E3.