• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Today's Media Coverage (square-enix.com)

Bloomberg has reported today that there is interest from several buyers to acquire Square Enix. However, this report is not based on any announcement by SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO., LTD. We do not consider selling off the company or any part of its businesses, nor have we received any offer from any third party to acquire the company or any part of its businesses.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Why doesn't Sega do this? Clear and to the point.

I don't think they've gotten a 14% single day boost in the market off a single article. Companies can get into trouble for riding off of false or misleading information.

EDIT: Plus they may be in a different situation, who knows?

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is false actually. Speshal Ed said MS was a potential buyer. I don't trust Square Enix.

EDIT: /s 😅

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god man, that thread was the worst news to wake up to.

Fuck the people that wanted this to happen.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I do not have any knowledge on financial business so I will limit myself to just give my opinion about Square-Enix games instead of speculating on something my tiny brain can't fully comprehend or understand.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
woof they moved quick. And boy if that's not definitive. Wondering if it's a grammar issue or if they're literally just saying "WE DO NOT CONSIDER SELLING" EVERRRR

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
SimpleNimbleGreatdane-size_restricted.gif

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Good to hear. We don't need everything being owned by a few companies.

Plus, after their stock jumped 13%, they had to say something.

Remember, market manipulation is illegal.

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Am I trying too much to read between the lines if I interpret this as:

we would "consider selling off the company or any part of its businesses" if we receive "any offer from any third party to acquire the company or any part of its businesses" (but until now we are just talking, no offer has been made yet).

Conor

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't preclude an acquisition by the way. They had to react due to the stock. Bloomberg never reported that anyone had made an offer or that they were in talks. Just that companies are showing informal interest. I personally can't see an acquisition offer being imminent l. But this statement isn't a case closed situation like some are reading it to be.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Why doesn't Sega do this? Clear and to the point.
Sega never had more of a rumor than some no name youtube/twitter accounts claiming to somehow have corporate M&A information.
SE actually had a legitimate report now, although it seems to have been wrong/potentially illegal market manipulation by a shareholder.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't read the initial Bloomberg article but what were their sources? That's some shitty reporting.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Someone got hefty stock bonus today, they had to do this. +13% is no joke.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I'm glad that's the case. Square-Enix western and eastern games have fans on many platforms - and I hope they will continue to make them available more broadly than they at times do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.