• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

Square Enix has trademarked "Collection of Mana" in Japan.

The company also recently filed trademarks for "Final Fantasy Adventure" in the United States, Canada, and Europe; "Mystic Quest" in the United States, Canada, and Europe; and "Secret of Mana" in the United States and Canada.

Final Fantasy Adventure and Mystic Quest are the North American and European names for the first entry in Square Enix's Mana series, which is called Seiken Densetsu in Japan. Secret of Mana is the second entry in the series, known as Seiken Densetsu 2 in Japan. Seiken Densetsu 3 was never released in the west.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/square-...rn-mana-series-trademarks#Xf7XUZy4KbRujqLO.99

Is it happening?

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I swear to gwad that if Square translates Seiken 3 I will lose my shiz.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
So it'll just be the first and second games, and probably the 3d remakes instead of the originals.

ArmadilloGame

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I am going to preemptively lose my shit now. the SNES manas, both on console and on emulator, made me a non-casual gamer and brought me back later in life. They are like RPG versions of a hug for me.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
So this is potentially a new collection, in addition to the existing collection already released for the Switch in Japan?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So sad that Switch collection was not released here.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Square will troll everyone and release a compilation with Final Fantasy Adventure, Mystic Quest and Secret of Mana and call it a day

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
So sad that Switch collection was not released here.
I have put off importing it for too long. I honestly should give up on a translation/localisation. Somehow I keep convincing myself that Square-Enix will announce a Western release at the next big gaming event, then the next one and so on.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a US release with Seiken 3 localization
I will pay good money

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
My predicted release schedule:

Japan:
iOS - March 2019
All other consoles (port of mobile port) - April 2020

Worldwide:
All platforms (port of mobile port) - May 2022

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'll believe in an official Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2 English release when I have it in my hands.

Square Enix burned me with the no-show that was the Switch collection outside Japan. I won't get dragged into this disappointing spiral of hope & crushed dreams again. :'(

Even if they bring THIS collection outside Japan, it'll probably just be the games that already have an English localization and they'll exclude SD3/SOM2.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
My predicted release schedule:

Japan:
iOS - March 2019
All other consoles (port of mobile port) - April 2020

Worldwide:
All platforms (port of mobile port) - May 2022

Change the in-game fonts to Helvetica and jack up the input lag, and it just might hit #1 on the Switch eShop.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Not holding my breath for a SD3 localisation but if that eventuates I'd happily buy this just to dump the rom info so that I could play it on real hardware.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
tenor.gif

Although I doubt they'd translate the Seiken Densetsu 3 as ROM. Probably they'll add Secret of Evermore for its replacement if it's ever gonna happen.

...Unless it's a port made from ground up, that is.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
TFW Square makes damn sure everyone on this planet has access to a chibi FFXV port, but Seiken 3 never sees life outside of Japan.

Oct 29, 2017
Change the in-game fonts to Helvetica and jack up the input lag, and it just might hit #1 on the Switch eShop.

Normally I'd join in on the jesting, but this collection (at least the original Japanese Switch release as we know it) was made by M2... So I'd expect it to be a proper quality product (and an actual localisation of the original SNES ROM - ALA their work on Monster World 4 on Virtual Console!)

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand why they refuse to localize Seiken 3. Can it really be that expensive to do?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Incidentally, Square Enix has also filed a patent for "Collection of Mana."

#dadjokes

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
But the collection is already out in Japan, so is it new stuff ?
Also I still expect the 3d remake of seiken 2 to show up on switch, so maybe it will be part if this collection. Maybe children of mana too.
So far nothing seems to point at a western release of the original collection, does it ?

Oct 26, 2017
Seiken 3 and Legend of Mana would make me get it. I never really tried the series out but those are the ones that really haven't aged a day.