• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I need to dig out this old issue of Super Play and pretend the preview is new again.

Super-Play-Magazine-ISSUE-33-SNES-Magazine.jpg

Throw in Evermore as a bonus. It's really a good ARPG. It's too bad so many people are ignorant of it and go by what they read

Evermore is great, I loved it back then and I still love it now. I kept my SNES Mini ROM additions to "the essentials", didn't want too many on there, and Evermore is one of them.
Some of Jeremy Soule's best music can be found in that game, too.

Last edited:

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
I used to stare at screenshots of this game in Gamefan magazine and figuratively drool at their beauty hoping to learn of a localization that would never end upcoming. I've been waiting almost 25 years to play this game. If this is true, I'm not ashamed to admit that I'll probably shed a tear or two.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
What would be really nice if they were going to the trouble of translating SD3 would be is they fixed its bugs while they were at it. Usually bugs in Squaresoft games don't hurt things too much, but in that they amounted to major gameplay decisions potentially being a total waste. Like, you can choose to increase Agility when you level up, but Agility does nothing for most characters except slow down the trap roulette, or one of the classes gains a single spell that increases critical hit rate, except critical hits don't work.

Pennywise

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for a PS4 version and therefore an announcement today.
Guess that settles it.

Enjoy it, Switch users.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I spent the whole SE conference going cooome on Mana!

Then got trolled for a second by the FFVIII start bit where it was like "You've waited long enough fans." or whatever it was.

>_<

It would make sense to be in the Nintendo Direct, Switch exclusive, probably published by them too. I'll continue holding out hope for there! If we get that and Animal Crossing this year I'll be hugely satisfied. :D