Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
logo-en.png

See the World Premiere of the new game by Eidos Montreal, get an update on the exciting BABYLON'S FALL, take a closer look at Life is Strange: True Colors and more during our Square Enix Presents Summer Showcase!

The show goes live on Sunday, June 13 at 12:15pm PDT / 8:15pm BST YouTube, Twitch, and supporting partner channels. Show will be 40 minutes long.

Heart-new.png
LINKS

www.twitch.tv

Square Enix - Twitch

The official Square Enix Twitch channel!

Heart-new.png
TIMER

Jun 13, 2021 at 3:15 PM

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's...not Final Fantasy stuff. :X

They aren't seriously considering holding all their FF announcements until Sony's event (whenever it is), are they?

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Sunday June 13 will be a packed day! Xbox and Square phew

I do wonder if Square will put more of their back catalogue on modern platforms like Chrono Trigger etc.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
That's...not Final Fantasy stuff. :X

They aren't seriously considering holding all their FF announcements until Sony's event (whenever it is), are they?
They said in the blogpost that most of the lineup is under wraps, probably want to keep it secret, even though I feel like putting XVI there would get a lot more eyes.

razt99

Jan 7, 2021
I think they could save FFXVI for a Sony event and have this e3 event to announce FF: Origin instead

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Is Eidos Montreal the devs working on the Guardians of the Galaxy game?
Edit: Well, the post above just answered that question for me.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
They forgot to mention all the big Tomb Raider 25th anniversary announcements...

Sigh.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
That's stupid. If they want people to watch their stream they should tell people FFXVI is going to be there. There's nothing "surprising" about it.
Also pointing out shit already completely leaked so we know FF Origin is in there and I'm pretty sure we got confirmation on XVI unless of course plans changed.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
So Guardians then? Well, let's see Squares second shot at a Marvel game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Also pointing out shit already completely leaked so we know FF Origin is in there and I'm pretty sure we got confirmation on XVI unless of course plans changed.

It feels like they might be saving XVI and FFO for Sony's event, honestly. FFO is 50/50 on being at this one, because it's not announced yet, but there's no reason to HIDE FFXVI.

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what their Guardians game is going to be like. I'm hoping it's a single-player action RPG.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
It feels like they might be saving XVI and FFO for Sony's event, honestly. FFO is 50/50 on being at this one, because it's not announced yet, but there's no reason to HIDE FFXVI.

When have they ever not been "secretive" with FF though. Like when have they ever said "and this presentation will have an update on this big Final Fantasy title"? They just drop it randomly like FF7R re reveal.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019

NateDrake said 16 will be at this thing a few weeks ago iirc

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
is there any reason to think any of Square's JRPGs get shown here? or probably get saved for a Playstation 5 event?

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SE must be mad about the leaks and wants all FF fans to suffer... it's the only rational explanation no I'm not panicking why do you ask?!!

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Deus Ex or bust. I'll take either a new game or a remake or the original.

... I'm going to be a very sad person after the conference, probably :(

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
When have they ever not been "secretive" with FF though. Like when have they ever said "and this presentation will have an update on this big Final Fantasy title"? They just drop it randomly like FF7R re reveal.

Let me be blunt: nobody gives a shit about Babylon's Fall. There is absolutely zero reason to prioritize THAT GAME in marketing for your press event and not even mention FFXVI if XVI is gonna be there.

If you want people to watch your livestream, "an update on Babylon's Fall" isn't hype. It's not gonna get eyes on your Twitch. FFXVI will.