• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Not expecting trailers for games that would be presented during a PlayStation showcase (i.e. FFXVI, Forspoken, etc.)

Babylon's Fall tho, can't wait to get more information on that title !

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Eidos can finally move on to more Deus Ex, after they release Guardians of the Galaxy game.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Integrade was randomly announced at the last Square Enix Presents so I'm not too worried about no FF

It's baffling marketing though. Maybe they think FF fans will tune in regardless, so they might as well court other people?

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
Integrade was randomly announced at the last Square Enix Presents so I'm not too worried about no FF

It's baffling marketing though. Maybe they think FF fans will tune in regardless, so they might as well court other people?
Intergrade was in a Sony SoP, the surprise announcement in the last SE event was Forspoken's name

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Wasn't that at a completely separate event? They announced all the FF7Remake projects together after the State of Play

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When have they ever not been "secretive" with FF though. Like when have they ever said "and this presentation will have an update on this big Final Fantasy title"? They just drop it randomly like FF7R re reveal.
I feel like the FF7R thing was different because it was a SoP and right after that, they said expect more stuff at e3 basically. If I remember correctly, Yoshi-P said expect more XVI stuff in 2021 so it's weird to not just say that XVI will be there.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Bears mentioning that Square didnt confirm Project Athia for their last SE Presents show and it ended up being the one last thing of the showcase, quite peculiar that all of the main expected games arent there though.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Are they only showing western Square stuff here? I was kinda hoping for more Dragon Quest news even if the livestream was just the other day (a new trailer for DQ3 would make me happy already).

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this feels more like an Eidos show, so I hope Eidos has a much better showing than recent years

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
That's...not Final Fantasy stuff. :X

They aren't seriously considering holding all their FF announcements until Sony's event (whenever it is), are they?
Will we see Hashimoto walk onto the stage again haha

'Hello! I'm proud to announce we are working hard on Final Fantasy. Please be excited!'

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Them saying the lineup is mostly under wraps at least tells me FF Origin might show up here and not in a State of Play later like XVI

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Considering FFO is rumored to be PS5 exclusive, that means we should probably expect it at Sony's show. Or it's just a surprise they will reveal in the stream, but it would make a bigger splash at Sony's event, for sure. (Maybe both?)

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Intergrade was in a Sony SoP, the surprise announcement in the last SE event was Forspoken's name
Wasn't that at a completely separate event? They announced all the FF7Remake projects together after the State of Play

Ah whoops my bad, I was mistaking it for the Forspoken drop. Their formatting melds together in my brain haha.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
When have they ever not been "secretive" with FF though. Like when have they ever said "and this presentation will have an update on this big Final Fantasy title"? They just drop it randomly like FF7R re reveal.
The May 2019 FF7 trailer state of play literally said see more at e3 iirc

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Love the new Tomb Raider trilogy and was going for another one, but looks like it's Guardians. Curious to see how that's going to turn out after Avengers.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh so that's what Geoff's tweet was about:

Peep the first couple numbers: 06, 13. June 13!

Marbled Jelly

May 24, 2021
Do we know anything about GotG? I'm assuming it's not another GaaS, otherwise it would just be an Avengers expansion?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
this is so bizzare. Forspoken is actually slated for the first half of 2022. I would have thought there would be a deep dive for it at E3 at least

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Doubt Square would pull a double whammy by releasing another buggy mess as a GaaS game. I think what they learned with Avengers must have helped the Guardians of Galaxy game tremendously.

These games are not my cup of tea, as I hate online play -exception with Splinter Cell Double Agent's legendary online gameplay.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Origin will be on this I'm sure. They have the alpha planned also it's a new game so they wouldn't announce it beforehand. But FF XVI and Forspoken? Not so sure anymore which sucks.

Oct 27, 2017
Let me be blunt: nobody gives a shit about Babylon's Fall. There is absolutely zero reason to prioritize THAT GAME in marketing for your press event and not even mention FFXVI if XVI is gonna be there.

If you want people to watch your livestream, "an update on Babylon's Fall" isn't hype. It's not gonna get eyes on your Twitch. FFXVI will.

But I do :(