• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Sony event in June? I honestly thought they would go with the same week as last year just because they pulled ridiculous numbers

Testobjekt

Jan 23, 2018
Germany
Relax. Whether it's in this stream or somewhere else, we're getting FF stuff this June.
I wouldn't start worrying overmuch. FF's still on the horizon here.
392001500_EYES_EMOJI_400.png

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I really just want to see FFXVI to see what I'm getting into. I'm already down for Origin since Final Fantasy Nioh is a concept I don't even need to see to know I like

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Sony event in June? I honestly thought they would go with the same week as last year just because they pulled ridiculous numbers
I don't think anyone said that. Just that FF will be shown in June. These are the possible events imo;
  • State of Play (if it is in June)
  • This square Enix event
  • E3 showcase
  • Game Summer Fest showcase

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
"The game, which appears to be exclusive to PlayStation 5 with a PC release further down the road, will be one of Square Enix's tentpoles at their upcoming E3 show."

Imran on FF Origin.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
"The game, which appears to be exclusive to PlayStation 5 with a PC release further down the road, will be one of Square Enix's tentpoles at their upcoming E3 show."

Imran on FF Origin.
Yeah that's gonna be the "one more thing", like Forspoken was last worldwide SE Presents.

I don't trust we're getting anything else outside of that.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Yeah that's gonna be the "one more thing", like Forspoken was last worldwide SE Presents.

I don't trust we're getting anything else outside of that.

And then they'll say, "find out more at Sony's State of Play in 1 week."

I can dream, right?

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020

Imran on FF Origin.
I think the issues people have are with the big games we're already aware of. No FF16 or Forspoken despite them being huge draws to the show. Really makes it seem like they're going to end up at a Sony show for the extra visibility. Especially since Forspoken has a shot at being Square's next Big Thing™ and associating it with the platform will have a halo effect since it's performing so well.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
...But at the same time we have very reliable people like Navtra saying that no matter what we'll get more FF news this June, and also FF Origins came out from a big leak of Square's own E3 presentation. What's going on? Did the leak change Square Enix plans for the show maybe?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
...But at the same time we have very reliable people like Navtra saying that no matter what we'll get more FF news this June, and also FF Origins came out from a big leak of Square's own E3 presentation. What's going on? Did the leak change Square Enix plans for the show maybe?
Wait yeah. SE's show literally leaked and that's how we got the FF leaks 😭 this is so confusing

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
This is pretty disappointing after the recent leaks, not gonna lie
Wow, not even the Team Ninja game? Kind of surprising, and, assuming that all these other games are going to be at Sony's instead (can't think where else they'd show considering they're PS5 exclusive) that's a LOT of Sony's show being taken up by Square stuff.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019

Lol, highly doubt it.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Sony is having a SOP this month or whatever I could see Square holding their big FF stuff at that.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
That announcement card reminded me of Persona 5.

Persona x Final Fantasy Crossover fighting game developed by ArcSys let's go.

Just excited to see more of FF16 and what FF Origin will look like.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Navtra didn't say where the leak came from. People assumed it was a leak of Square's E3 event, but she never said where it came from. Just that there was indeed a leak.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Dang, no Final Fantasy? Hopefully the 1-6 Switch collection will be announced at least.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
Navtra didn't say where the leak came from. People assumed it was a leak of Square's E3 event, but she never said where it came from. Just that there was indeed a leak.
But Imran did say that it was from Square's e3 which makes this even more confusing.

www.fanbyte.com

Rumor: Square Enix Set to Announce a New Action-RPG Final Fantasy Spinoff

A new collaboration between Square Enix and Team Ninja puts the Final Fantasy series in something resembling the Souls-like genre.
The game, which appears to be exclusive to PlayStation 5 with a PC release further down the road, will be one of Square Enix's tentpoles at their upcoming E3 show. For whatever reason, several large chunks of the undated June show have leaked out, including the Final Fantasy Origin's logo and demo plans.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
They also didnt mention FF7R would be at their E3 presser when they had the gameplay showcase, or did they? Can't remember. But well they say they wanna keep most of the lineup under wraps so I dunno what to expect.

... but then again I like the majority of their studios/partnerships so I am gonna be happy either way.
They did.
2019 They had told us it'd be at e3

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Title should have been:

"SquareEnix Presents (they make Balan Wonderworld) @ E32021 on June 13 at 12:15pm PT / 8:15pm BST [World premiere from Eidos Montreal]"

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is the extent of FF just going to be FFXVI, FFOrigin, and that rumored collection of the NES/SNES titles?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
What? No FF at all in June? Or is that person just saying to not expect FF at SE's presentation.
There is no way, right?

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
What? No FF at all in June? Or is that person just saying to not expect FF at SE's presentation.
There is no way, right?

Sounds like there is FF in June according to Navtra, but possibly just not at this show.
Not sure if that means a Collection at a Direct (which was hinted by Anihawk) or there's a State of Play at the end of this month, hopefully both if they're no shows here.

Deleted member 56266

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Sounds like there is FF in June according to Navtra, but possibly just not at this show.
Not sure if that means a Collection at a Direct (which was hinted by Anihawk) or there's a State of Play at the end of this month, hopefully both if they're no shows here.

Is there any insider that ever claimed this "collection" exists? It seems to just be something born of nothing based off the FF Origins leak lol

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any insider that ever claimed this "collection" exists? It seems to just be something born of nothing based off the FF Origins leak lol
www.resetera.com

Alex Donaldson from VG247: "... the most comprehensive big event leak I've seen in years is currently happening behind-the-scenes. " Rumor

Nah, Nintendo is pretty good about this in general. There are just way more people who pretend to be Nintendo insiders than Sony insiders, so it seems like leaks happen all the time when most of it is BS.

www.resetera.com

PS5 exclusive Final Fantasy game may be revealed in June (not Endwalker, XVI or VIIR) Rumor

Dragon Quest is huge in Japan but I'm not sure if it reached even 1 million sales outside Japan, which is a stark contrast to their other franchises like FF & KH that are multimillion sellers outside Japan.

i was guessing what would round out their 35th anniversary and the only one i guessed was 7-2. not sure what the development is like on that one but i don't think there's overlap with xvi.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I don't particularly care about any event but I need to see that Nioh Final Fantasy 😭

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's more likely FFXVI, Forspoken and maybe FF Origins have been locked by Sony for their event. Anyway, we'll finally see GotG game, hope it's not a shlooter.

Deleted member 56266

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
www.resetera.com

Alex Donaldson from VG247: "... the most comprehensive big event leak I've seen in years is currently happening behind-the-scenes. " Rumor

Nah, Nintendo is pretty good about this in general. There are just way more people who pretend to be Nintendo insiders than Sony insiders, so it seems like leaks happen all the time when most of it is BS.

www.resetera.com

PS5 exclusive Final Fantasy game may be revealed in June (not Endwalker, XVI or VIIR) Rumor

Dragon Quest is huge in Japan but I'm not sure if it reached even 1 million sales outside Japan, which is a stark contrast to their other franchises like FF & KH that are multimillion sellers outside Japan.

Oh, I didn't know Anihawk was vetted