• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
This is horrific and what makes it worse is the guy is clearly shouting for someone to shoot him in the head and kill him, so this was an attempt at suicide by policeman - how as a society do we let people get to this stage, surely something could be done before this happens.

Arcia

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
This is horrific and what makes it worse is the guy is clearly shouting for someone to shoot him in the head and kill him, so this was an attempt at suicide by policeman - how as a society do we let people get to this stage, surely something could be done before this happens.
God, if thats the case then he is an even huger piece of shit! Why did he have to try and take other people with him?

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
If there was an award for most practical use of a milk crate, that guy should win.

"You go to Silverwater cunt you dead"

lol

Hope the woman he stabbed is okay
Apparently the guy killed another woman in a nearby hotel before the stabbing on the street.

Where are you getting this from? I can't make out what he's shouting.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
That video makes me boil, I hate these coward act so fucking much. Im not sure I could contain myself of attacking the guy relentlessy even if he's dismantled and laying on the ground. Suicide by cop or not, you don't attack innocent people. Now Im seeing post that the woman died of her injuries?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
If there was an award for most practical use of a milk crate, that guy should win.

Apparently the guy killed another woman in a nearby hotel before the stabbing on the street.

Where are you getting this from? I can't make out what he's shouting.

00:14 He's shouting "shoot me! Fuckin shoot me in the fuckin head! Shoot meeee. ... (Allahu Akbar) (?)"
He's clearly going for suicide by cops.

It's absolutely horrible he decided to hurt and even murder people during his attempt. :(

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Fucking piece of shit, clearly deranged and wishing for a suicide by cop. Looks to be Caucasian as well, but of course the right wing media will only focus on him shouting Allahu ackbar instead of wanting to be shot through the head.

RIP to the victims.

Oct 2, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): Inappropriate joke in light of tragedy.
Who would've known that chair + milk crate > knife?

not even a gun in use.

yALt4ui.jpg

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Glad they stopped this piece of shit before a huge attack happened.

May the person who died rest in peace.

Last edited:

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking piece of shit, clearly deranged and wishing for a suicide by cop. Looks to be Caucasian as well, but of course the right wing media will only focus on him shouting Allahu ackbar instead of wanting to be shot through the head.

RIP to the victims.

Colour doesn't necessarily mean he isn't Muslim, but yeah, the usual Twitter cunts already have multiple tweets where the focus is only on Allahu Ackbar.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
There was a fatal stabbing of a woman in a building on Clarence Street. A second woman was stabbed in public on the corner of Clarence and King Street, but she is in a stable condition in hospital, thankfully. [Source]

He only attacked women is what I'm getting from this.

Potentially killed one and stabbed another before being confronted and overpowered.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. Asking for a little respect to be shown in the wake of a murder just announced is "lazy tone policing", huh?

In light of this event and the other recent incidents of violence this year- this is your primary concern?

You need to get a grip, and stop pearl clutching. Im not replying again so this doesn't get any more stupidly OT than it has already.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
In light of this event and the other recent incidents of violence this year- this is your primary concern?

You need to get a grip, and stop pearl clutching. Im not replying again so this doesn't get any more stupidly OT than it has already.
FWIW I agree with you, I don't even think the meme was disrespectful. If it was indeed suicide by cop, imagine how much worse this would have been in America where the perpetrator would have had access to a rifle.

Terrysaur

Jun 14, 2019
Ah. Asking for a little respect to be shown in the wake of a murder just announced is "lazy tone policing", huh?
So you're saying that we shouldn't make fun of a guy who stabbed a bunch of people and proceeded to get dunked by a milk crate and two chairs? I'd say he's the kind of pathetic person we should be memeing about. In no way are we memeing about the victims mate, you should let people have a bit of fun at the expense of bad human beings, IMHO.

Oct 28, 2017
This is a good example when people defend gun owning with "then ban knives as well lul".
Only one wounded, attacker disarmed with a chair and milk crate.
Compared to multiple dead and more injured when the madman has an assault rifle.
Hope the injured lady gets well soon!

Oct 29, 2017
What a cunt. Rest in peace to the woman who died. Fantastic job those lads did with the chair and crate, both in subduing the assailant and doing so in a non-lethal way, takes balls, courage and smarts.

Lastbroadcast

Jul 6, 2018
Sydney, Australia
There will be a lot of misinformation flying around on social media because the guy was yelling "Allah Akbar"- please don't repeat this misinformation until the police have had time to investigate it. A Couple of things regarding misinformation and confirmed facts:

1. NSW Police have confirmed that the man was known to them and had known mental health issues. He was apparently known to be carrying around material on mass shootings, and was found with a USB in his pocket, but no word yet on the contents.

2. There are unconfirmed reports suggesting he was actually a mental patient until a few days ago.

3. NSW Police are not treating this as a terror incident. The person was not on any terror watch lists.

4. The man was caught on video shouting "Allah Akbar" but it is unclear whether he was Muslim. He was also caught on video shouting "Shoot me" so there is some suggestion he might have just been yelling that to incite the police to shoot him.

Please remember - it was only a few years ago that we actually did have a lone wolf terrorist attack in the city by someone who was indeed yelling "Allah Akbar", so if the NSW police say this incident has nothing to do with terrorism then I believe them.

One other thing - while this event is absolutely awful, and a woman is dead, to me this is an example of gun control in action. In America this guy would almost certainly have been able to obtain a firearm in some states. In Australia, given his mental history and monitoring by the police, he would have been ruled out immediately by any background check. Because he didn't have a firearm, some good samaritans were able to overpower him with some chairs and milk crates.

It's a lot easy to be a "good guy" when you don't have to have a gun.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Even my dad who's a bit iffy on Muslims (he's old okay) said there's no way a single dude with a knife counts as a terrorist attack and that "he looked like an ice head"