• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...-met-with-top-democrats-about-2020-senate-run
Stacey Abrams, the former Democratic gubernatorial nominee in Georgia, met with top Senate Democrats this week to discuss a possible challenge to Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.) in 2020.
Abrams met separately with Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.), the chair of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, in Washington on Thursday, according to two Democratic aides.
Abrams narrowly lost her bid for the Georgia governor's mansion to Republican Brian Kemp in November after a drawn out vote count that spurred multiple lawsuits and accusations of intentional voter suppression.

yes fucking please, 2020 could be something magical.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I really thought she'd run if she won the governorship. I don't really know her politics so well, but I imagine she'd be great to mobilize the neuvo southern Democrats.

neuvo to distinguish them from the old Dixiecrats.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting more Republican bullshit. Abrams is amazing, and it would be great if she overcame all that bullshit.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't familiar with her stances so I looked them up: http://www.ontheissues.org/Stacey_Abrams.htm

Stacey Abrams on Civil Rights Click here for 4 full quotes on Civil Rights OR background on Civil Rights.
  • No discrimination, including against LGBTQ. (Sep 2017)
  • No discrimination, including against LGBTQ. (Aug 2017)
  • Reflect on terrible Confederacy in museums, not monuments. (Aug 2017)
  • Welcome everyone, instead of "religious liberty". (Apr 2016)
Stacey Abrams on Education Click here for 6 full quotes on Education OR background on Education.
  • No money for school vouchers. (Sep 2017)
  • Must offer many paths for higher education. (Sep 2017)
  • Must offer many paths for higher education. (Aug 2017)
  • Help students from early learning thru post-secondary school. (May 2017)
  • Chief Turnaround Officers for low-performing schools. (Mar 2017)
  • Voted NO on $42M more tax credits for private schools. (Mar 2017)
Stacey Abrams on Government Reform Click here for 5 full quotes on Government Reform OR background on Government Reform.
  • Protect voter's rights against voter suppression tactics. (Aug 2017)
  • Founded voter registration project. (Aug 2017)
  • Head of a voter registration group; focus on minorities. (Apr 2017)
  • Exact-match process violates Voting Rights Act. (Mar 2017)
  • Stop redistricting voters of color to dilute their votes. (Mar 2017)
Stacey Abrams on Jobs Click here for 2 full quotes on Jobs OR background on Jobs.
  • For living wage and right to form unions. (Sep 2017)
  • For living wage and right to form unions. (Aug 2017)
Stacey Abrams on Tax Reform Click here for 2 full quotes on Tax Reform OR background on Tax Reform.
  • Ask everyone to do their fair share. (May 2017)
  • Keep graduated income tax instead of 5.4% flat tax. (Mar 2017)
Stacey Abrams on Welfare & Poverty Click here for 2 full quotes on Welfare & Poverty OR background on Welfare & Poverty.
  • Help working poor get a leg up. (Aug 2017)
  • No mandatory drug testing for food stamp recipients. (Mar 2014)
Looks good.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I'm clearly tired cause I first read "Stacey Dash" and almost screamed

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Senate, President or VP.

Not sure why she's not being considered for the latter.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who knows how the 2018 Georgia Senate race would have turned out if it was a Presidential year with even higher turnout? She came within 2 percentage points, which is incredible for Georgia.

Everything depends on how popular Trump is though in November 2020. If he has a 43% approval rating (more or less where it is now in the Realclearpolitics average), then the Presidency can be won, but it won't be the best year for Democrats in Congress where they win the reach states. If Trump has a 40% or even a high 30's rating, then the possibilities are vast.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Who knows how the 2018 Georgia Senate race would have turned out if it was a Presidential year with even higher turnout? She came within 2 percentage points, which is incredible for Georgia.

Everything depends on how popular Trump is though in November 2020. If he has a 43% approval rating (more or less where it is now in the Realclearpolitics average), then the Presidency can be won, but it won't be the best year for Democrats in Congress where they win the reach states. If Trump has a 40% or even a high 30's rating, then the possibilities are vast.

It's important to state that her opponent was the Secretary of State and was responsible for overseeing the election. He purged 1.5 million voters, and closed polling stations affecting mostly black voters.

Make no mistake, she would have won if it were a fair election.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Good. She ran an amazing race and should be governor now.

I have hope for 2020. She cleaned up in the ATL suburbs, and they're only getting bluer.

Hell, the state will be a battleground at the presidential level, too.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
She excites Democrats in Georgia. I'd be okay if she ran for president too and/or she end up as someone's VP. She will excite black voters and especially black women who are the unsung heroines of the Democratic party.