• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they are still figuring all of this out. Interesting, considering that the reveal trailer embedded below clearly describes the game as a platform exclusive.

"OK we haven't confirmed that it's an exclusive yet," came the curious answer from Raúl Rubio Munárriz, co-founder and creative director of the studio - "that's a question we cannot answer".
"Of course, we will try to make Gylt accessible for everyone," Raúl Rubio Munárriz said. "I guess it's not a design question, it's more of a business question. Today is not the time to answer that question but rest assured, everyone will be able to play the game."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ia-game-gylt-will-come-to-other-platforms-too

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
220px-Tim_sweeney_GDCA_2017.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
it was announced as "first on Stadia" or "launching exclusively on Stadia" iirc

My general rule is that if the platform holder doesn't hold a copyright on the game, there's at least a pretty decent chance that it'll go multiplatform down the road.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer looked amazing, so here's hoping. I was especially worried about a game like this becoming unplayable in the future if anything happened to Stadia.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
That's good news, also all those YT comments praising this for being exclusive, i hope none of them are Australian, cause yeah about streaming down under...

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
There is one argument that Stadia doesn't necessarily need 'exclusives' in the sense they are not trying to get you to invest in a console.

But at the same time, they are trying to get you to invest your time in to their eco-system, and to accept change. And compelling exclusives are the best way to attract people in to doing that.

It just seems strange that at this time, the only Stadia 'exclusive' we are aware of is an indie game, and now it seems that may be coming to other platforms after all. I'm surprised they didn't invest in their first party studio efforts much earlier.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
There is one argument that Stadia doesn't necessarily need 'exclusives' in the sense they are not trying to get you to invest in a console.

But at the same time, they are trying to get you to invest your time in to their eco-system, and to accept change. And compelling exclusives are the best way to attract people in to doing that.

It just seems strange that at this time, the only Stadia 'exclusive' we are aware of is an indie game, and now it seems that may be coming to other platforms after all. I'm surprised they didn't invest in their first party studio efforts much earlier.
Get Packed is also a (presumably timed as well) Stadia exclusive, IIRC, but everyone seems to have forgotten about it immediately after the announcement, lol.

but I agree with your point. Given the limitations of current streaming tech, cloud gaming seems better suited as a value-add to a service that also allows you to download and play games locally, which Ubi is sorta doing by making the Stadia versions free to uPlay+ subscribers, and which I'm guessing Microsoft is going to do with xCloud for Game Pass Ultimate subscribers.

It's hard to see how a streaming-only subscription offering, let alone one where you still have to buy new games, could be competitive, unless Google is going to be really aggressive in buying up (timed or otherwise) exclusives and "free with Stadia Pro" games, and neither of those seem likely at this point.

Last edited: