• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Still Actively Use Stadia?

• Founder - Yes I still use it!

Votes: 70 2.8%
  • Founder - No I don't.

Votes: 102 4.1%
  • Premier - Yes I still use it!

Votes: 16 0.6%
  • Premier - No I don't.

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • I don't own Stadia, but I'm considering it after hearing about it

Votes: 109 4.4%
  • I don't own Stadia, and I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 2,174 87.1%

• Total voters

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
1200px-Stadia_logo.svg.png

Hello Stadia adopters!

I didn't see any current thread for this but I'm going to try and keep a monthly thread going for deals, updates, and other monthly news!

January 2020 Stadia Updates:

Stadia Pro Deals:

Final Fantasy XV - $59.99 $20.00
NBA 2K20 - $59.99 $30.00
NBA 2K20 Deluxe Edition - $79.99 $40.00
NBA 2K20 Legend Edition - $99.99 $50.00

Deals End Jan 14

Stadia Pro Free Games:

Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration
Thumper

Founder's Perk:
Stadia Cheer Ringtone (via email)

Stadia Recaps:
(Will be added at the end of the month)

Hot Discussion Topics:
After its release in November, how many of you adopters are still on board and enjoying Google's newest venture?
How many of you skeptics find yourself eating crow and are actively still using this?
How many of you founders are dissatisfied with your purchase?

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
still somewhat curious about trying Stadia, but I'm not optimistic at all about it's future, or it's longevity.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

I was a skeptic, completely against the idea, but I was willing to drop a hundred bucks to give it a shot and I was genuinely shocked. I use it for Destiny 2 all the time thanks to cross-save and it has been a lifesaver in that department. If more games got that functionality, I'd definitely use it on the daily versus a couple times a week.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Stadia was dead before it shipped to customers hands.
I had it on order, had taken part of previous tests but ended up backing out. I've played around with a friends account and it's frankly just a miserable and nonsensical service.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This service is fucked. There's virtually zero chance of Google possibly turning things around.

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
I was a skeptic, completely against the idea, but I was willing to drop a hundred bucks to give it a shot and I was genuinely shocked. I use it for Destiny 2 all the time thanks to cross-save and it has been a lifesaver in that department. If more games got that functionality, I'd definitely use it on the daily versus a couple times a week.
I'm glad you're getting use out of it, but that doesn't mean that the skeptics were wrong.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I had one preordered, as soon as it came out that we got lied to as far as game quality goes I shipped it back.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was considering it, but the disappointing performance of games has me scared so I'm holding off/going cool on it.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Still playing it. Working my way through all the Destiny 2 campaigns. Also playing Thumper and Tomb Raider.

Dec 10, 2019
The idea that you can play your games in YT when you saw a video about said game is so good.
But yet, this seem to fail for various reasons.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I've liked it better than I expected honestly. It's certainly not perfect, but the ease of quickly loading into games is nice for short play sessions and I haven't had connection issues. I'd definitely be using it much more if I could play on my iPad, which is disappointing. It would also be nice to know what games are being released in the next weeks/months 🤦‍♂️

Oct 27, 2017
i have a high end gaming pc, so there's not much use for stadia for me right now

that said, if they can deliver on their promise to leverage the tech and provide experiences not available elsewhere, i'll definitely consider it

as i've said before, i think the real potential in the stagnating MMO space is here, where you can really push the persistence of the server, since everything can be centralized

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Stadia founder here. I still use it and love it. Grabbed borderlands 3 on sale, been splitting my playtime between PC and my living room TV and it's been awesome.

Also I stayed over at a relatives house for new years day and played some borderlands on my phone with an Xbox controller, which worked really well.

At this point we just need more games, because after borderlands, I don't really have anything else I feel like playing on it.

ZanderEzekial

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberspace
It's really not ready for wide adoption yet. There is no reason to purchase a game solely for Stadia, there aren't enough games that support cross-play, all the unique Google hooks are still coming, games look worse than they don on even modest PCs in my experience

I actually really hope Google gets there eventually, but it's going to be a long journey

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First impression matter and Google screwed it up from the beginning. The slide with 4K/60 didn't help them one iota.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This is the other reason I don't use it that much. I have too much time invested in games like assassin's Creed to restart. More games need to offer cross save!

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I'm glad you're getting use out of it, but that doesn't mean that the skeptics were wrong.

True, Google's community team hasn't been on top of it either in terms of consistent updates. Their store has been a barren wasteland for quite a while. The Switch, in comparison, had a bustling store on month 3 of release.

The idea that you can play your games in YT when you saw a video about said game is so good.
But yet, this seem to fail for various reasons.

It's a great idea, but Google isn't on top of it when it comes to following through with an idea. They could add so much more to their dashboard and store yet they do nothing.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
If there was a really cool looking game that I couldn't play literally anywhere else, I might give it a shot

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
damn, those poll results.

and this is on a video game enthusiast website, who is even using this?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Founder, dropped off after a couple horrible minutes (on a rock solid hardwired 1 gigabit connection), cancelled my sub and never looked back. Would give it another shot for a killer exclusive.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Waiting for the free version. Also have to save for the Moto mod that has a controller so I can test it in home or in 3g. There is also the detail that it didn't launched in my country just yet.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Geez even those that have it and don't use it anymore are double than those that do in that poll lol

Oct 25, 2017
Founder. I selected that I don't actively use it, though I do log in to grab the stadia pro free games. Right now, the *only* reason to get a Stadia is to play Gylt. It's the only exclusive, but more than that it's actually a really fun game. I hope at some point a regular version is released so others get to try it. I'd hope that Google realizes sooner rather than later that the keys to success are exclusive content and treating Stadia like a Netflix, or something, with smaller / original games. Because the rationales they've provided such as 60 fps/4K just aren't accurate. I'm... not betting on their success. I would love for Stadia to succeed, and I think the tech is there, but goddamn they blundered hard by having literally nothing but a *single* (most likely timed) exclusive lined up. What a shame.

As usual: software sells hardware, even if that hardware is cloud-based.

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
founder here too and love it, gaming more and more now that i can pretty much play anywhere in my house. Has the same effect buying a switch did for me. With that said the service itself needs serious work, lack of features, games and communication from google is not helping it at all.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
No exclusives (well, other than Gylt), no point.

They have this amazing streaming tech and no games that leverage it to do something the other consoles can't; Google have shown no imagination and no creativity. Throwing up a small selection of already released games that mostly run at around Xbox One X performance and settings isn't going to excite anyone.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I still use the Chromecast Ultra that came with the Founders Edition daily. I don't think I've played a game on Stadia since its release week. Limiting Android support to just Pixel phones killed any interest I had.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No exclusives (well, other than Gylt), no point.

They have this amazing streaming tech and no games that leverage it to do something the other consoles can't; Google have shown no imagination and no creativity. Throwing up a small selection of already released games that mostly run at around Xbox One X performance and settings isn't going to excite anyone.
I agree with this, it's honestly baffling.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Founder

I had so high hopes, and loved it at first. But nope. I haven't used it in like a month, I just grabbed Rise of the Tomb Raider recently but didn't even try it. I've already 100-percented the game on Xbox 4 years ago.

Technically Stadia is awesome, for real, with the right internet connection of course.
But the service itself is in serious need of an overhaul...
* Games needs to be cheaper and there needs to be better discounts for subscribers.
* There needs to be a subscription option for games, I'd gladly pay a monthly fee to get access to a bigger pool of games.
* There needs to be more games at the store, new games, and more exclusives.
* iOS support must be better.
* I want video options, let me tweak the games to run at 60fps if I want, don't force me to play at 30fps if the hardware can do better.

Final Fantasy XV - $59.99 $20.00
Didn't know about this though. That's a good deal, might pick it up.

Last edited:

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I got it but there have yet to be any games on it that I haven't played already and care about.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Using it to play through AC:Odyssey right now, nice to have a game I can take to work and back comfortably and easily that isn't a handheld.

I'll probably keep this until a better competitor comes along because I quite enjoy the experience of using it. If they can get Cyberpunk out day one, I'll play it on this thing unless there's a glaring reason not to. It's a really good service in its core offering and has the best cloud gaming experience out there, but boy oh boy the software just isn't there.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to be buying any devices for it. I'm still interested in buying exclusives that don't have PC versions and playing them with the free version of Stadia, but I think there won't be many of them.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend pass and as such I can only play on the browser.

The service is basically useless. The macroblocking is terrible and the game performance leaves a lot to be desired.