• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BLASTEROID

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't coming out of Google, it's coming out of Codemasters. And it's actual video of the Stadia version. So what exactly could be discredited? It'd be a little bit softer image due to the video compression as opposed to direct feed is all.

First, sorry... Not trying to rain on anyone's parade. That was lame of me.

General marketing buzz has set expectations a certain way. I'd be hesitant, with the hands on reviews that have come out thus far, to trust the graphical fidelity of any official advertisement. Every game that we've seen hands-on reviews for has been a poor imitation of what was shown in official trailers, etc..

This conversation is also making me ask, why does Bungie, for example, keep quiet about the graphical fidelity of the Stadia port when it clearly didn't meet expectations. I am sure there's some sort of contractual nonsense here, but still. It's not a good look for Google or anyone they're collaborating with.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017

I hope this means speeding up the release of the free tier so more people can try the service.

I know the current Stadia Pro model only allows keeping access to games with an active subscription like Xbox Gold and PS+; but I think Google needs to consider having these games permanently available like Twitch Prime just to build up some good will. It would also ensure users keep coming back to the service; otherwise I think they'll see a big drop off after the included 3 months of Stadia Pro expire.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Woah I thought this was minutes old not yesterday. Stradia simply doesn't exist lol

Dead by dawn Christmas.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
There are not enough threads shitting on Stadia that you need to do it in the OT?
I'm a great fit for Stradia the dream, and I'll call a massive company out for their shitty launch, medium settings with lurching, framedrops, and input lag in best case scenarios in the OT yes. I expect any other threads about the launch will contain similar opinions. You seem to have read them all, perhaps you can tell me.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a great fit for Stradia the dream, and I'll call a massive company out for their shitty launch, medium settings with lurching framedrops and input lag in best case scenarios in the OT yes. I expect any other threads about the launch will contain similar opinions. You seem to have read them all, perhaps you can tell me.
You did literally none of that in the post I quoted, just trolled about a low post count in the OT.

The count is low as no one had received their code to use the system and the anti Stadia circle jerk is in full steam thanks to Google drop the ball so who wants the abuse.

Crazy that the OT should allow actual discussion for people who bought and will use the system?

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
You did literally none of that in the post I quoted, just trolled about a low post count in the OT.

The count is low as no one had received their code to use the system and the anti Stadia circle jerk is in full steam thanks to Google drop the ball so who wants the abuse.

Crazy that the OT should allow actual discussion for people who bought and will use the system?
I've watched a lot of Stadia related stuff today. Not much of it positive. I'm certainly not anti Stadia, as soon it becomes feasible I'm all over it, but Googel stated speeds needed for certain levels of performance that aren't being met, and far from today being like an mmo launch, where servers are on their arse with hundreds of thousands of players, we've review units from days old videos, on GB wired connections. The only people playing, as demonstrated by the Destiny 2 footage. What we see is awful compression (RDR2's opening is wow) low settings, and not only input lag, but inconsistent input lag (one reviewer stated that the input lag was worse in his review playing than when he'd used it earlier)

I'm sure they'll iron things out in months but that's not the point. The product as it stands, based on a lot of impressions (though I too eagerly await Era's) is simply not ready. Not Samsung Fold not ready, just not ready.

Reading my first post back it's more combative than I intended. Apologies for doin' a drive by.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered mine in June, not arriving until the 22nd and hasn't been shipped, so I won't even have a code to test it out on PC. Pretty disappointed.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Ordered mine the first day, but won't get it till the 26th. Bummed about that, but hopefully I get my code soon, so I can try this out!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Still no code, comes via email right?
Don't have to look at Google Store order or anything I'm guessing.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
JV2uMEp.png

Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Waiting for code. Still interested in trying it out.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading a review by the Financial Times which mentions Stadia uses Discord for party chat? Discord is not a Google product to my knowledge

Edit: lol nvm I assume it is because the real chat is not ready

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
Mine should be here tomorrow. Haven't received any code.

I full expect this thing to be a joke, but I kind of wanted a chromecast ultra and thought what the hell, might as well grab this bundle. Don't mind being an early adopter.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Mine should be here tomorrow. Haven't received any code.

I full expect this thing to be a joke, but I kind of wanted a chromecast ultra and thought what the hell, might as well grab this bundle. Don't mind being an early adopter.
Codes are slowly trickling out. Only 1 user here has reported getting one, to my knowledge. $130 is not bad for early adopters, esp. if it manages to stick around and continually improve, as promised.

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
Codes are slowly trickling out. Only 1 user here has reported getting one, to my knowledge. $130 is not bad for early adopters, esp. if it manages to stick around and continually improve, as promised.

I don't care about the cost, especially at $130. I still think new tech is cool even if it's crazy beta version nonsense that doesn't really work. Still interesting enough for me to jump in.

I know exactly how this is going to play out for me. I will set it up and try it for maybe a maximum and 2-3 days and then most likely never touch it again unless someone is visiting and specifically asks to see how it works.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Grid is looking pretty darn great - considering the reviews of other Stadia games I had figured this morning's 4k trailer was footage from another platform, but then I realized, it's showing the exclusive Stadia 40-car endurance mode (the other versions of the game max out at 16 cars).

I think this is the point. If you take the time to code for this platform, you can get great results. But the fact that it isn't automatic and is an additional step means that many devs won't do it. It'll take time (that may or may not materialize) for the promises Google gave to materialize

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
New community site: https://community.stadia.com/t5/Community/ct-p/en_community

Game refund policy: https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9598538?hl=en

Stadia refund policies
Refund policies are different depending on what you bought. Google does not give refunds for most Stadia purchases. Circumstances where refunds are available are described below.

Refunds for games
  • You can request a refund within 14 days of your purchase if there is less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts (family and personal). Games may only be returned one time, so if you return a purchased game for a refund and subsequently re-purchase it, you will not be entitled to a refund. This refund is only available for purchased games, and not for add-on content or services.
  • If you return the game for a refund it will be removed from your library and you will no longer be able to play it.
Defective Purchases
If your service, game, or add-on content (e.g. in-game purchase, loot box) is defective, you can request a refund at any time. If you return a game or add-on content for a refund, you will no longer be able to access or use it.

Subscriptions
You may cancel a subscription at any time before the end of the applicable billing period, and the cancellation will apply to the next period. For example, if you purchase a monthly subscription, you may cancel that subscription at any time during any month of the subscription, and the subscription will be cancelled as of the following month. If you cancel your Stadia Pro subscription, you will continue to have access to content claimed through Stadia Pro during the remainder of the current billing period; however, your access will terminate at the end of the billing period during which your subscription is cancelled.

For other questions, please see Stadia FAQ.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I guess a buddy code would be no use for me if I don't have a Chromecast ultra or a Pixel phone? My TV is android based but I guess that isn't good enough yet.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I think this is the point. If you take the time to code for this platform, you can get great results. But the fact that it isn't automatic and is an additional step means that many devs won't do it. It'll take time (that may or may not materialize) for the promises Google gave to materialize
Bungie allegedly had Google devs embedded in their team to port to Stadia for months though.

Honestly, I hate to be that guy... but I kind of doubt the Grid thing is much more than "A mod like this only works with our net code well on LAN".. which is of course a good Stadia feature (that multiplayer works like a LAN) but I have my doubts it was some advanced coding going on.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I guess a buddy code would be no use for me if I don't have a Chromecast ultra or a Pixel phone? My TV is android based but I guess that isn't good enough yet.
You can use Chrome, at this point though we don't know when or if we will get those codes. Still waiting on my actual account code

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Ohh. Maybe I should try grabbing one then.
Yeah I'm in the market for a code to.

But they probably won't come for a couple of weeks.. and people might return their Stadia.

So once codes start rolling out expect me to be begging someone to sell me one lol..$30!

(already had one taker but they cancelled their order which is understandable)

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Basically no one has buddy passes yet. They expect to have this ready in maybe 2 weeks.

Very few founders even have their codes yet FFS.