• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

malrock

Oct 26, 2017
North Carolina
Played a bit of Destiny 2 on the Chrome browser last night and it worked surprisingly well. I only noticed one major hitch while it looked it like was trying to change graphics/resolution quality. The one thing I will say about my experience is wow is the Stadia version of D2 empty. There were literally only 3 people at the tower with me and when I was running around the moon I didn't notice one other person...

edit: played around 6 PM eastern time on a chrome browser on my laptop over wifi @ 1080p

Sir_Caffeine

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Played a bit of Destiny 2 on the Chrome browser last night and it worked surprisingly well. I only noticed one major hitch while it looked it like was trying to change graphics/resolution quality. The one thing I will say about my experience is wow is the Stadia version of D2 empty. There were literally only 3 people at the tower with me and when I was running around the moon I didn't notice one other person...

edit: played around 6 PM eastern time on a chrome browser on my laptop over wifi @ 1080p
That's strange, I haven't had any difficulties getting people to play with me. I'm in Sweden so playing around 9pm CET.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yesterday's D2 population by platform:

PC: 487K
PS4: 437K
Xbox: 307K
Stadia: 12.3K

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
That's strange, I haven't had any difficulties getting people to play with me. I'm in Sweden so playing around 9pm CET.
I wonder how the mp connections work, I was home on a Monday and managed to do my strikes and gambit without any wait. I'm in Canada so I would assume that it would be a lot harder than in the US

malrock

Oct 26, 2017
North Carolina
Yesterday's D2 population by platform:

PC: 487K
PS4: 437K
Xbox: 307K
Stadia: 12.3K
woof... explains why i only saw 3 people total in the game during 30 minutes of play... i mean that 12.3K is split across all the different activities, strikes, running around the 8? different zones, gambit (different modes), crucible (different modes), menagrie, vex offensive, raids (presumably), tower during all hours of the day across all countries that currently support stadia. It's even more terrible when you look at it that way

Bunkles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not really fair to compare those two dates, a lot of people in the US would have been taking the 26th and 27th off from work because of the holidays on the 28th and 29th.

From the 26th:
PC: 494,000
PlayStation 4: 454,000
Xbox: 331,000
Stadia: 19,400

All are down a little but Stadia proportionally down a lot more.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Darksiders isn't even featured in the store..
Have to look under the "All Games" link at the bottom. RDR2 still at the top and it's not on the 'Best of Stadia' underneath.

It's updated, now top spot.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It's $39.99 on the Canadian store which is a nice surprise

It's the splash headline game on my app.

£34.99 in the UK.
Just checked and same, seems they updated it which is good to see. If you're catching hot releases should be pushing them. Seeing it solely under the All Games was just surprising but still believable considering the road up until now. Even if it's a little bit, ensuring good promotion will be something to help attract others onto the platform.

Better price, imagined it was going to be £40.
Ball has started rolling with new releases, happy we're moving on this thing.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked and same, seems they updated it which is good to see. If you're catching hot releases should be pushing them. Seeing it solely under the All Games was just surprising but still believable considering the road up until now. Even if it's a little bit, ensuring good promotion will be something to help attract others onto the platform.

Better price, imagined it was going to be £40.
Ball has started rolling with new releases, happy we're moving on this thing.
Stuck at work so hoping they're are some reviews... But I already purchased so I guess it's not that important lol

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought it. Could have waited for sales with my backlog but I wanted to buy my first game on stadia ( currently have the 4 free games ). Hope it's good.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Wow.

The quality is so much worse than I ever imagined it could be. This is on Gigabit through Chrome. The macroblocking in dark scenes is atrocious. GeForce Now, while not perfect, is loads better.

Yeah, never going to purchase anything on here unless they make the quality moderately acceptable.

mwvY3a6.png

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Wow.

The quality is so much worse than I ever imagined it could be. This is on Gigabit through Chrome. The macroblocking in dark scenes is atrocious. GeForce Now, while not perfect, is loads better.

Yeah, never going to purchase anything on here unless they make the quality moderately acceptable.
Most games aren't that dark, so yeah, if you play lots of really dark games, maybe it's really not for you. Also, is this the quality you've consistently seen in multiple sessions? Because it could just have been a bad connection. Having high bandwidth doesn't guarantee good stable connections everywhere on the internet at all times. I've had really good quality most of the time with Stadia, though there have been times where it was looking low res/blurry/macro blocky.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Wow.

mwvY3a6.png

I heard something about if you have hdr on, but tv doesn't support it, then it can make stuff too dark. So maybe check that?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Here's GeForce Now for comparison. Also note that it's running at max settings.

VcH1hdL.png

Stadia is supposed to be the premiere experience right now, but it's completely eclipsed by GeForce now which is currently in beta, is free, and allows you to play with other Steam players.

I just really don't see the point in Stadia for my case, as it brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Bunkles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

VcH1hdL.png

Stadia is supposed to be the premiere experience right now, but it's completely eclipsed by GeForce now which is currently in beta, is free, and allows you to play with other Steam players.

I just really don't see the point in Stadia for my case, as it brings absolutely nothing to the table.

You are going through the chrome browser? There's probably tweaks you could make to improve the experience. Try Chrome Canary, turn on/off hardware accell, turn off chrome addons, etc.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, Google have acknowledged that playing in Chrome is not the 'premiere' experience. The visuals on Chromecast are leagues ahead of any streaming experience, so it's likely there will be parity down the road in browser.

Sir_Caffeine

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Lmao. Darksiders isn't even featured in the store..
Have to look under the "All Games" link at the bottom. RDR2 still at the top and it's not on the 'Best of Stadia' underneath.
Also what happened to Pro subscribers getting better prices? Looking at the store and now that Black Friday is over all prices are back to normal.
Wow.

mwvY3a6.png

VcH1hdL.png

Chrome support is botched for the moment. Try using Chromecast ultra. If you insist on playing on chrome disable hdr and set data stream quality to balanced first in the app. That improves things.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Also what happened to Pro subscribers getting better prices? Looking at the store and now that Black Friday is over all prices are back to normal.
Chrome is botcj
Chrome support is botched for the moment. Try using Chromecast ultra. If you insist on playing on chrome disable hdr and set data stream quality to balanced first in the app. That improves things.

I'll give that a shot. Unfortunately I'm using a guest pass so Chromecast isn't a possibility for me.

Bunkles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The above Twitter thread is hilarious. I don't know if the Stadia social media people are elaborate trolls, completely incompetent or driven by some sort of new Google AI in testing...

They literally released one game today and seemingly tripped over themselves all morning on the messaging. How hard is this?

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017

g23

Oct 27, 2017
They desperately need to have crossplay mandated with PC atleast...I would love to play more Destiny 2 but without a vibrant community supporting it...I really don't see the point.

ImaLawy3r

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Why is it that cheap on Steam? It's a brand new full length game! I wouldn't say Stadia is too expensive in this case, I would say Steam is too cheap.
Steam is a store front and ecosystem without providing a way to play if I don't own a PC. Stadia is the storefront, platform, and ecosystem in one. That is like a game coming out on Xbox or Playstation getting released and a sale happening in it immediately. No one owns the PC as a platform so in that sense PC has an advantage.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Darksiders is nice if you like Diablo-style games. The combat actually feels very Darksiders too. The type of game it is lends itself very well to Stadia. Super easy to load up and play for a bit and then switch off. I am no resolution or frame counter but image quality seems good on Chromecast and I haven't run into any big problems.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Darksiders is nice if you like Diablo-style games. The combat actually feels very Darksiders too. The type of game it is lends itself very well to Stadia. Super easy to load up and play for a bit and then switch off. I am no resolution or frame counter but image quality seems good on Chromecast and I haven't run into any big problems.
I thought I read that the game played nothing like Diablo, it played like previous Darksiders games but with a 3/4 overhead camera.