• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Mine "shipped" yesterday via ontrac. " The package data was sent to OnTrac on 11/18/19 at 11:56PM, but we have yet to receive the package from the shipper."

They apparently still haven't picked it up. Still haven't received my e-mail code either.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Exactly. EVERY founder should have the hardware to play day 1 when their code arrives.
Yeah I fully agree. Google should know how to do worldwide shipping well enough now. Ppl shouldn't be waiting on their orders for Founder's Editions. Like you said earlier in the thread, it's like Google is TRYING to piss off the only ppl that even halfway care about the service, lol. Hope this stuff gets sorted soon. :/

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
can you use a regular controller once you get a code? in other words people waiting on hardware, could you at least play on computer with a xbox/ps4 controller using an emailed code? (of course delay with the codes makes this problematic...)

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
So when and where do you get that code to play in the browser?
I get my box 25-26 nov

The codes have started going out as of about 3 hours ago, supposedly in the order of when you purchased. That seems like some bullshit though since I finished my pre-order during the announcement stream and I haven't gotten anything yet and some folks who ordered later have.

can you use a regular controller once you get a code? in other words people waiting on hardware, could you at least play on computer with a xbox/ps4 controller using an emailed code? (of course delay with the codes makes this problematic...)

Yes.

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
The box has been delivered, but no code yet...

I think the odds of me returning this has increased dramatically in the last 24 hours.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I fully agree. Google should know how to do worldwide shipping well enough now. Ppl shouldn't be waiting on their orders for Founder's Editions. Like you said earlier in the thread, it's like Google is TRYING to piss off the only ppl that even halfway care about the service, lol. Hope this stuff gets sorted soon. :/
It is also not a full world wide release. It is only available in select countries in North America and Europe. Ordered June 6th, was sent out about six hours ago and should arrive on the 25th. Estimate was 26th before. I guess I should thank the people that canceled their order.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil

Yeah. Several people are reporting not being able to cancel. They will have to deal with the hassle of returning it.

If I return my Stadia Controller or Chromecast Ultra, will my subscription be cancelled? Will I be refunded for the Founder's Edition?

If you return all of the contents of the Founder's Edition within 15 calendar days after the day you received it, your 3-month Stadia Pro subscription will be cancelled and you'll be refunded for your purchase. Returning the Founder's Edition also means you'll lose access to the games you claimed as a Pro subscriber, your Founder's Stadia Name will revert to a standard Stadia Name, and your Founder's Badge will be removed. If the Buddy Pass included with your Founder's Edition has not been redeemed at the time of your return, the Buddy Pass and 3-month Stadia Pro subscription will be voided. If the Buddy Pass has been redeemed at the time of your return, the included three-month Stadia Pro subscription will be cancelled and the redeemer will lose their Stadia Pro benefits.
Source

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
So when and where do you get that code to play in the browser?
I get my box 25-26 nov
The codes are emailed out when your hardware ships out, except for ones that were shipped before the service launched, those were supposed to be emailed today at like 9am. So in theory you should get your code November 23 or 24.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
The codes have started going out as of about 3 hours ago, supposedly in the order of when you purchased. That seems like some bullshit though since I finished my pre-order during the announcement stream and I haven't gotten anything yet and some folks who ordered later have.

Yes.
Ah okay, should arrive soon then I guess. My founder's edition has finally been shipped at least! Yay

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
It is also not a full world wide release. It is only available in select countries in North America and Europe. Ordered June 6th, was sent out about six hours ago and should arrive on the 25th. Estimate was 26th before. I guess I should thank the people that canceled their order.
Yeah, you're right. That's what makes this even worse lol. Sorry you have to wait so dam long :(.

On a somewhat positive note, I like the controller lol. It's like in between a DS4 and an Xbox One controller in terms of comfort. Never used a Nintendo Pro so I wouldn't know how those feel.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
The codes are emailed out when your hardware ships out, except for ones that were shipped before the service launched, those were supposed to be emailed today at like 9am. So in theory you should get your code November 23 or 24.
Not sure this is accurate. My hardware shipped yesterday. No Code as of yet.

Yeah, you're right. That's what makes this even worse lol. Sorry you have to wait so dam long :(.

On a somewhat positive note, I like the controller lol. It's like in between a DS4 and an Xbox One controller in terms of comfort. Never used a Nintendo Pro so I wouldn't know how those feel.

Pro feels good, IMO, but a little small for my hands.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that this was up to preorder first week of June and they couldn't get the founders editions to people by day one is just urg. Why would they not do whatever they could to make sure they were taking care of the only people buying into their service lol

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure this is accurate. My hardware shipped yesterday. No Code as of yet.
I said in theory :) That's what they said at the AMA, the codes for shipments that shipped before launch would be emailed starting at 9am (pacific) on launch day, after that they would be emailed shortly after shipping.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017

Thanks, but I don't actually care that much about the hardware right now. I'd play through the Chrome browser with Mouse and Keyboard or my Xbox One Controller. The real problem is the same as yours and that of everyone else here: That email with the code. I actually have free time now and would be playing.
My opinion of Stadia is falling by the minute.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even use my Stadia Chromecast as a regular Chromecast without the invite code. :-(

Before finalizing the setup within the Google Home app; it displays a controller code to type in after Stadia App Invite Code screen. The Chromecast just stays at that screen and refuses to let me cast anything else.

Harlowlad

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to see the fire island style documentary coming to Netflix soon on this shambles of a release... what are Google playing at????

That limited edition controller it's going to be in plentiful supply 👍👍👍

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
C1lxQla.jpg

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. Several people are reporting not being able to cancel. They will have to deal with the hassle of returning it.

Source

That's interesting. I think game streaming is cool and big fucking deal but I increasingly became uncertain about the Google part of the Stadia equation and at bare minimum had a feeling it might have a rough launch so I cancelled the order. I preordered it in June and cancelled in October so I wonder why I was able to cancel and others cannot?

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
So we (founders whose orders were shipped on Nov 18, like myself and others here) may not get our codes today after all :(

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
That's interesting. I think game streaming is cool and big fucking deal but I increasingly became uncertain about the Google part of the Stadia equation and at bare minimum had a feeling it might have a rough launch so I cancelled the order. I preordered it in June and cancelled in October so I wonder why I was able to cancel and others cannot?
I also don't know. To me it sounds like a lie/misinformation, from Google's Support, since a lot of people were claiming to have cancelled it in the past week.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
That's massively disappointing. First Destiny yesterday and now this.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I decoded the word-puzzle thread title: "Talk about the weather"

Because we have no Stadia user experience to talk about, we can pass the time talking about the weather instead.

Here goes: Well, its cool but not cold, mostly average temps with a high of 71 and a low of 56. YMMV

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried Samsho on Stadia on my phone over my very shitty office wifi and it looked jumpy. I don't have a controller, sorry.