• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
once you get 60 frames for Destiny the 30 frames is just deplorable
This we can agree with! Built a gaming PC last year (for sim racing purposes) and switched to PC for D2. I still jump back to Xbox every week to raid and do some activities with my old squad over there but man it's jarring for a while every time I switch back! I really hope Bungie announce cross-play at some point.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I only bought darksiders genesis and this game was absolutely amazing. And the performance on stadia was really great. I just don't want to buy anything else :(

we need more games. Damn

Quick question... I have been eyeing that game on Stadia for a while but I gotta be honest. With my time to game limited and my life so busy I can not deal with super difficult games. Can the game be put on easy and be able to play through it fairly easily? I want to experience it but wont have patience to struggle.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I only bought darksiders genesis and this game was absolutely amazing. And the performance on stadia was really great. I just don't want to buy anything else :(

we need more games. Damn
Yeah I like that as well, haven't played through it yet though. I've had some weird controller disconnects, don't know if my wifi was unstable or it there are bugs.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quick question... I have been eyeing that game on Stadia for a while but I gotta be honest. With my time to game limited and my life so busy I can not deal with super difficult games. Can the game be put on easy and be able to play through it fairly easily? I want to experience it but wont have patience to struggle.
Yeah it's not difficult you can adjust difficulty on the go. Very entertaining. The best darksiders imho.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I've spent $130. I've gotten Destiny 2 with the annual pass which is the best version out of the Xbox and PlayStation - once you get 60 frames for Destiny the 30 frames is just deplorable. I've gotten a Chromecast Ultra. I've gotten a controller (which admittedly can't be used for anything else other Stadia at this point in time), I've gotten 5 others games for the ability to play games all throughout my house and at work. After the 3 months are up it'll be $10 a month - much less than the upfront costs of consoles. Over the course of a generation Stadia will also cost less than Xbox and PlayStation when you include it's hardware, the midgen upgrades, yearly subs to Live and PS+, and upgrading at least once a generation to more hard drive space. Which by the way I'll be doing again anyway because I am fortunate enough to do it.
You realize you don't have to buy the midgen upgrades, plus/live or buying a new console to get a new hard drive? And if you need more space, you can swap out the harddrive or connect an external HDD.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
It's okay to still like the service (as I said a few posts up, I've come around to it also) but anyone who thinks what they currently offer is acceptable value should really take a look at what's in front of them.
Some definitely take it a little too far. Was discussing the value of the sub with someone and not only did he call 4k just a bonus of the sub but then he said 9.99 was the sweetpoint for him and he'd never ever cancel his sub, even if they dropped the free games or the 4k. I mean, come on... If you like something so much you just want to hand out money to it that's fine but then don't mix yourself into a conversation about the value of the sub (which was being compared to the online subs of the consoles)

Last edited:

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Some definitely take it a little too far. Was discussing the value of the sub with someone and not only did he call 4k just a bonus of the sub but then he said 9.99 was the sweetpoint for him and he'd never ever cancel his sub, even if they dropped the free games and the 4k. I mean, come on... If you like something so much you just want to hand out money to it that's fine but then don't mix yourself into a conversation about the value of the sub (which was being compared to the online subs of the consoles)
WTF. Please say that was from one of the Google drones on Stadia reddit. That opinion can't be real. I could imagine (still strongly disagree with) the opinion to keep pro if either 4k or free games were dropped, but not both.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Spent quite a few hours on Samurai Shodown last night -- very impressed how it looked and played on Stadia. Haven't tried online yet but didn't have any difficulty pulling off moves in some offline battles.

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
You realize you don't have to buy the midgen upgrades, plus/live or buying a new console to get a new hard drive? And if you need more space, you can swap out the harddrive or connect an external HDD.
You don't have to buy midgen upgrade, you're right. I hated the idea of midgen cycles because it allowed devs to create a better version of game on the platform that you were on. I love multiplayer games, so if I want to play Apex, Cod, or even Destiny I am at a disadvantage if I'm playing on my regular OG Xbox one. I was basically forced to upgrade midgen to compete properly. Also, the feeling of having a worse experience when friends and family are playing on the X1X brings this feeling of peer pressure, lol. But you're 100% right, I don't need to upgrade - it's just that if I want the better Xbox experience where I can play Gears 5 as intended, or see good textures in Borlderlands 3, I need to have the X1X. Also you point about if I need more space I can just swap out the harddrive and connect to external HDD reminds me of Marie-Antoinette's "Let them eat cake." You still have to buy a harddrive or an external to connect to. I just don't have them lying around. Also, with games getting massive and Devs making games with SSD or faster harddrives in mind, older hardware becomes more difficult.

Having said all that, as an aside - I wish the X1X and PS4Pro was not a thing. Instead, I wish that they both waited a year and just launched a new generation with backwards compatibility.

Stadia Pro games for February

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
stadia-pro-february-2020-games-cover.jpg

Nice. I've wanted to try gylt. We don't have new game but it's nice addition. I might keep my sub for February at least

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Well, that looks like all the more reason to put off buying Orcs Must Die 3 when they release it

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Yep...a sale on Darksiders Genesis just before it hits consoles would be nice for example(its 40 CAD right now,make 30 and I'll buy it on Stadia instead of the 1X)
I'm surprised it stayed at $40 as that is the US price. Every other games had the Canadian conversion extortion price

May 18, 2018
The February games look good (are they free to own/keep?).

Now if only Stadia ran like a 10+TF and with 60fps (were we promised that?), then I'd perhaps jump in now and have a look.

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I bought Gylt when I first got my Stadia stuff, refunded within 2 hours as I didn't think it was my kind of game for £30, will happily try again for free though! Wonder if my save data will still be there...

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Got the Claw for my phone and a 12-inch USB-Cable. So amazing.

If a game is available on Stadia, I'm not buying it anywhere else. And I own a PC with a 2070, Switch, and Xbox One X.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
They're giving away their one exclusive? Day one peeps who bought it two months ago, might not be the happiest.
Ehh, I'm not that bothered (yes, Gylt was my first purchase). PS+ style giveaways like this are always a 'win some, lose some' kinda thing.
I also bought and finished Metro Exodus already, though in that case they are only giving away the base game, and I got the premium edition.

So, swing and a miss on both games for me, but it's fine, I'm currently neck-deep into Borderlands 3, with FF15 ready to go once that's finished. So I'm not lacking stuff to play.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
It's hard to understand Google's communication sometimes.

Tracking 120 games for 2020!

January: 0

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
My internet is running at 39mbps rather than the usual 200mbps this morning and Stadia is actually unplayable on all my devices, wifi and ethernet. Times like this make me wonder if i'll bother sticking with it lol.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Well, getting Gylt with Pro will get me to play Stadia in February and is good for me. But I don't know how good it is for Stadia to give away their only true exclusive so soon.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Well, getting Gylt with Pro will get me to play Stadia in February and is good for me. But I don't know how good it is for Stadia to give away their only true exclusive so soon.
I think they just want as many people playing as possible to get ready for the free launch.

Although they still haven't officially announced this yet lol

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
I think they just want as many people playing as possible to get ready for the free launch.

Although they still haven't officially announced this yet lol
Didn't mention it in the 3 month plan either, for all we know it's not even coming in that period.

Gylt's also pretty short I think? I assume for founders the end of their sub is near the end of February? Most will probably be done with the game(s) by that point already. Announcement of March games is probably more relevant to keep people around.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't mention it in the 3 month plan either, for all we know it's not even coming in that period.

Gylt's also pretty short I think? I assume for founders the end of their sub is near the end of February? Most will probably be done with the game(s) by that point already. Announcement of March games is probably more relevant to keep people around.
For certain.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017

March will have DOOM, but they need to announce something else at people are rightfully pissed.

GraceFromGoogle update yesterday of no news to announce started a sh!tstorm on Reddit

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Stadia Pro deals

We've got new special savings for Pro subscribers. From January 28 to February 5, get 60% off Mortal Kombat 11 and select content on Stadia, including:

• Mortal Kombat 11 for $24.00 USD
  • Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition for $36.00 USD
  • Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack for $16.00 USD
Also, from January 28 to February 4, get 40% off Just Dance 2020 and 60% off Trials Rising, including:

• Just Dance 2020 for $29.99 USD
  • Trials Rising for $10.00 USD
  • Trials Rising - Digital Gold Edition for $16.00 USD
That's it for this week. Until next time, enjoy playing.

Can't get the freaking web URL from my phone